Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching A New Kingdom OCC and Sign up

Jedishy

40 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Just to be clear, what exactly are the guests in the ceremony supposed to be doing at this point?

I second the question - I'd still like to participate, but I'm not sure what I'd be walking in on.

• Brohoof 1

As an evening ceremony, dinner would be provided so you could see some tables. Those tables would be along the outside of the room, leaving room for the informal meetings proceeding the introduction. The alicorns won't be present at the start of the event, giving attendees time to ease into the event and briefly socialize before the big reveal and formal introduction.

Sorry that this question took so long to address, I had some work to submit before my deadline. Let me know if this answers your questions.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Quinch said:

Is someone sweet-talking their way into the ceremony a plausible scenario?

I am ok with that. So you can go for it and we can have some fun with the idea 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I can still bring the flowers for the ceremony, right?

Nobody has posted themselves into the ceremony yet, so it's not too late for your character to come come in with the flowers.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Is it my turn next or should I wait for someone else?

You can post. There is no real turn order. We all just work as need be. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

I like to respond to everyone in one broad sweep. I don't think their's anything stopping the other players right now.:confused:

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we do not have to wait on people. That we can just do whatever we need to keep the story moving. 

@ExplosionMare

Sorry about that. You are correct. I was trying a more ambiguous writing style to make it more engaging, but I think excluding character names from my descriptions was a step too far in that direction.

To make sure everything is clear, I'll restate: @QuinchSweet Comfort was the one the guard was interacting with (even if it is unorthodox for a player to control NPC's). @ExplosionMareGranite Rose was the one behind the Silver family and the subject of Silver and Limbo's argument.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

Sorry about that. You are correct. I was trying a more ambiguous writing style to make it more engaging, but I think excluding character names from my descriptions was a step too far in that direction.

Yep, I reread the post when you mentioned it and realized that was directed at me. Nothing wrong with your style, but it does help to ping players that are being addressed, for clarification.

For that matter, do we have a DM or anything?

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

For that matter, do we have a DM or anything?

If you mean who kicked off the thread and set the "rules" that would be me.

Oh good, story time! :mlp_yeehaa:

Another kingdom has returned shortly after the return of the Crystal Empire. Its rulers had sacrificed themselves to keep their citizens safe, and now their direct descendants, Thanos and Arete, must fill their shoes. The eldest, Thanos, maladjusted to this upset, has traveled to Canterlot with his sister Arete to seek the guidance of our Celestia and Luna.

Their solution: a ceremony to officially recognize the two for the rest of Equestria and a tour for Thanos across Equestria.

Right now, the dream realm is closed due to a sinister plot to cheat death, and Luna must uncover it before this plan comes to fruition for fear of the broader implications of this plot. Right now, no one has fallen asleep to notice a lack of dreams, but time is not on Luna's side.

TL;DR: The new rulers of a returning kingdom, Arete and Thanos, are the guests of honor at a meet and greet event in Canterlot Castle.

This is the perfect time to join in because everyone else is just getting their introductions in (we had a lot of set up) and the event is just about to start.

Sweet Comfort is trying to sneak in, Granite Rose is meeting with a stallion that knows more than he's letting on, Blue Thorn is trying his best to refuse the call to adventure in his garden, and the rulers are just about to enter the room for the event to watch the guests as they arrive.

OC's are always welcome, but Celestia is still available to play as. If you want to play as Celestia, I would strongly recommend reading my posts to see how she's been characterized so far.

• Brohoof 1