Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching A New Kingdom OCC and Sign up

Jedishy

4 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

Oh good, story time! :mlp_yeehaa:

Another kingdom has returned shortly after the return of the Crystal Empire. Its rulers had sacrificed themselves to keep their citizens safe, and now their direct descendants, Thanos and Arete, must fill their shoes. The eldest, Thanos, maladjusted to this upset, has traveled to Canterlot with his sister Arete to seek the guidance of our Celestia and Luna.

Their solution: a ceremony to officially recognize the two for the rest of Equestria and a tour for Thanos across Equestria.

Right now, the dream realm is closed due to a sinister plot to cheat death, and Luna must uncover it before this plan comes to fruition for fear of the broader implications of this plot. Right now, no one has fallen asleep to notice a lack of dreams, but time is not on Luna's side.

TL;DR: The new rulers of a returning kingdom, Arete and Thanos, are the guests of honor at a meet and greet event in Canterlot Castle.

This is the perfect time to join in because everyone else is just getting their introductions in (we had a lot of set up) and the event is just about to start.

Sweet Comfort is trying to sneak in, Granite Rose is meeting with a stallion that knows more than he's letting on, Blue Thorn is trying his best to refuse the call to adventure in his garden, and the rulers are just about to enter the room for the event to watch the guests as they arrive.

OC's are always welcome, but Celestia is still available to play as. If you want to play as Celestia, I would strongly recommend reading my posts to see how she's been characterized so far.

So Thanos and Arete run the Crystal Empire or do they run another empire? It sounds like Celestia and Luna are still in power, but Thanos's kingdom is seperate? Is Cadence and Shining still a thing? 

Got a plot with the realm of dreams gotcha

I think I'll go with OC's for the moment. I might take on Celestia once I get the feel of the world a bit better.

Thanos and Arete are in charge of a sister kingdom to the Crystal Empire. We don't talk about Cadence because the one originally playing her went dark on us, but they are in charge of separate kingdoms. Thanos and Arete's kingdom revealed itself shortly after the Crystal Empire did.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

Thanos and Arete are in charge of a sister kingdom to the Crystal Empire. We don't talk about Cadence because the one originally playing her went dark on us, but they are in charge of separate kingdoms. Thanos and Arete's kingdom revealed itself shortly after the Crystal Empire did.

Hmm, sounds like you could use a Cadence then, since the previous one dropped out. 

What's the word on Changelings? Tirek? Discord? 

• Brohoof 1

Discord should still be in stone, Tirek shouldn't have any cannon to him yet, and Changlings are something the GM will have to chime in for.

If you want to play Cadence, she was introduced on page 2, so there's a lot of reading to catch up to her point (it starts with the pink text).  I wouldn't worry too much about it. We've pretty much moved on, but if you're feeling inspired to play her than there is an opportunity to fit her back into the story.

• Brohoof 1

You mean Limbo right? I assumed your character would want to go straight to Canterlot Castle so I wrote that the Silver family was just ahead of you on your way to the castle. Limbo and Silver Tounge were falling behind, so they were just ahead of you. Limbo was saying she thought your character was sleepwalking. I assume your character was in earshot, so you can ask her what she means by that.

Does that answer your question?

• Brohoof 1

Name: Caleo

Species: Magic Dragon 

Appearance: 325cb1734bbf34cd422797855f2623fa.jpg

Personality: Caleo is someone who holds himself with an air of intelligence and sophistication. He speaks with a slow and deliberate cadence, measuring each word as he speaks it to make sure he is expressing himself exactly how he wants too. He prides himself on being set apart from his draconic brethren, valuing his education and sophistication above the brutish qualities stereotypical of his species. He is almost always clothed in his custom made attire to further set himself apart from other dragons. 

Relevant backstory 

Caleo is the bodyguard and tutor of the Abyssinian Ambassador Kepi. He was taken as a baby dragon over seas as an exotic pet and eventually became a respected scholar and magic user. He has spent many years refining himself into a proper gentlemen to combat the stereotypes associated with dragons. He is quite adept at fire magic, specifically the transportation of objects and people with fire and smoke. He is quite fond of expensive clothes and looking well put together, and he has developed this over the years. Now he has attained a rather prominent position in Abyssinia, and for the last few years he has been taking care of his rambunctious charge. 

Name: Kapi

Species: Abyssinian (Aka Capper/Catfolk)

Appearance: Kapi is an excitable looking feline with yellow fur and bright blue eyes. He is not particularly disciplined when it comes to his more primitive instincts, so he will do things that normal felines tend to do, like perch in high places or nestle himself into boxes. He favors wearing bright clothing and there are times when he'll just burst with energy and just run for no discernible reason. Caleo is almost always nearby to keep a watchful eye on him. 

Relevant backstory:

Kapi is an Abyssinian Ambassador. However one would be forgiven for thinking they just gave him that title so he could get out of his homelands hair for a bit. He has grown up under the watchful eye of Caleo and he possesses a lot of affection for the refined and well mannered dragon. He also has a lot of annoyance towards the dragon as well, as anyone would have with someone close enough to be family. Their mission in Equestria is to build better relations between Abyssinia and Equestria. Considering Kapi was the most "pony like" in terms of personality of his kind, they decided to send him as a way of putting their best paw forward. They don't suspect that Caleo would be needed to defend the two of them, but at the same time it never hurts to be cautious. 

Just now, Loud Opinion said:

Celestia should be present for the event, but it hasn't started yet. So, Celestia can be anywhere in Canterlot right now.

What about Twilight and Spike? Who's running those two?

Currently, the only cannon character being played is Luna (by me). I can't speak for the GM and I don't know their roll in the story (if any). I think it makes sense for them to attend the ceremony, but its best to ask Jedishy before involving them directly.

5 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

Currently, the only cannon character being played is Luna (by me). I can't speak for the GM and I don't know their roll in the story (if any). I think it makes sense for them to attend the ceremony, but its best to ask Jedishy before involving them directly.

It's more that I need to know they exist. If they do then my post doesn't need to be altered. 

49 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Loud Opinion @Buck Testa @ExplosionMare @Quinch Where are we with things? I believe its Quinch and Loud we are waiting on. Just wanted to check if people have questions as its been a bit. 

Once I get some dialogue from Luna my crew can move into the main meeting area. So far Caleo and Celestia are sizing eachother up and trying to read each other. Caleo's a bit different than What Celestia is used too. Usually they are for her, or they are cartoonishly evil. Caleo has a much more nuanced thought process towards Equestria, although not a fully informed one. I've got ideas with those two. 

Also Spike and Caleo are definitely going to have some interactions in the near future. 

Sorry for my absence. Converting paper records into a brand new database makes for an all-encompassing project. That's no excuse for not keeping everyone informed. Hopefully, I won't drag my feet about biting the bullet next time. That being said, my post is finished and will be submitted.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Not sure personally. I was the last to post and it just kinda went quiet after that. 

Yea sorry things went sideways for me for a bit. I will make sure we get moving ASAP

• Brohoof 1