Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Equestria Girls get so much hate?

Dashy 4 Ever

I personally don't hate it but I'm not really into the idea of the ponies being humans so I just don't care about it. It'd be different if it were humans becoming ponies, I would be more interested in that. Perhaps it's that they're not really ponies? I'm not sure. Though I have no issue with it and I think it's fine if other people like Equestria Girls. I wasn't aware people hate it!

Looking back at how this started. EG does comes off more like a parody of FIM. It started off as a gimmick of ponies with a human world counterpart. Then it slapped on the superhero/magical girl gimmick by giving them super powers.

The biggest problem at the start, was reusing the Mane 5 again instead of having new characters using the same voice actors for Twilight/Sunset Shimmer to befriend.

• 1 month later...

coming from the music world elitists and purist tend to hate anything after a bands first album I feel like its similar since its a spin off of something people love there will always be people going "first album is better " this case first album being FIM (disclaimer: I know its not the OG mlp but it was the one that gather a massive fan base)

Edited by vampireponyprince

On 2/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, Singe said:

Looking back at how this started. EG does comes off more like a parody of FIM. It started off as a gimmick of ponies with a human world counterpart. Then it slapped on the superhero/magical girl gimmick by giving them super powers.

The biggest problem at the start, was reusing the Mane 5 again instead of having new characters using the same voice actors for Twilight/Sunset Shimmer to befriend.

Yeah, it’s possible that by having a new cast, things MAY have been better accepted. 

• 2 years later...

Not a bucking clue. But I consider most of the content to be kinda forgettable, actually, except perhaps for Rainbow Rocks. But then there are aberrations against everything that is good and true, such as mirror magic. Where you can really tell the writer/s could not be arsed to give a damn anymore.

Also, I never liked their alien skin colors. Make your damn mind, already. Are they human or not? No cop outs allowed. But guess what...

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 3 weeks later...

Not freaking clue. I guess some people are too close minded? I don't even mind it, I rather enjoy it myself. The songs are absolute bangers, especially the ones from Rainbow Rocks.

I just wish they had human skin tones.

• 1 month later...

i don't hate EQG at all.

i just think everyone hates it because flash or something idk everyone keeps saying they hate Flash.

but i really enjoy the EQG, one time i was starting to just watch EQG than i went back to Ponies and i love ponies more i realized :oh_golly:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 012443.jpg

peakpx (1).jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-10 012944.jpg