Sondash Studios

Why does Equestria Girls get so much hate?

12 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Brad needs to fuck off. He's the worst MLP character I have ever seen. He doesn't know anything about Twilight and yet he flirts with her.

That's right, Brad. Stay far away fron Twily.

Flash, the Bradinator, Sentry

Because I only like MLP FiM because the characters are just ponies, and that’s how it should be. I hate Equestria Girls because the ponies have been turned into humans and it’s so stupid.

I guess that's for everyone of us to decide. :P

I liked MLPF, EQG is from the same people basically, and roughly follows it's path, so why shouldn't I try to like something that is derived from something I like? :confused:

Anyone remember Fluttershy's Lament?
Yea, who's idea was it to make a human version of Fluttershy. I have always blamed that for the creation of Equestria Girls. No reason to make a human version when the ponies are superior. Hasbro said "we saw the demand, people wanted this".

Sunset Shimmer saved Equestria Girls. And Forgotten Friendship is still my favorite episode of all time. But I don't really enjoy watching normal Equestria Girls episodes.

I personally don't hate it but I'm not really into the idea of the ponies being humans so I just don't care about it. It'd be different if it were humans becoming ponies, I would be more interested in that. Perhaps it's that they're not really ponies? I'm not sure. Though I have no issue with it and I think it's fine if other people like Equestria Girls. I wasn't aware people hate it!

Badges

Looking back at how this started. EG does comes off more like a parody of FIM. It started off as a gimmick of ponies with a human world counterpart. Then it slapped on the superhero/magical girl gimmick by giving them super powers.

The biggest problem at the start, was reusing the Mane 5 again instead of having new characters using the same voice actors for Twilight/Sunset Shimmer to befriend.

(edited)

coming from the music world elitists and purist tend to hate anything after a bands first album I feel like its similar since its a spin off of something people love there will always be people going "first album is better " this case first album being FIM (disclaimer: I know its not the OG mlp but it was the one that gather a massive fan base)

Edited by vampireponyprince

On 2/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, Singe said:

Looking back at how this started. EG does comes off more like a parody of FIM. It started off as a gimmick of ponies with a human world counterpart. Then it slapped on the superhero/magical girl gimmick by giving them super powers.

The biggest problem at the start, was reusing the Mane 5 again instead of having new characters using the same voice actors for Twilight/Sunset Shimmer to befriend.

Yeah, it’s possible that by having a new cast, things MAY have been better accepted.