Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by MangoFoalix

Please put your spoilered posts in a spoiler for others sake please. This episode has already premiered in Australia but is premiering this weekend so for our American members, please be kind to them and don't spoil.

Yakity-Sax  

98 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Pinkie: *mane deflates* ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Pinkie: "I thought coming here and listening to REAL yovidaphone playing would make me happy. It makes me feel worse." ("I dislike it!")
    • Pinkie: "I feel nothing." ("…meh…")
    • Pinkie: *plays yovidaphone happily* ("I like it!")
    • Yigrid the Yak: "Yovidaphone is instrument of happiness. Playing yovidaphone make pony happy. ("I LOVE IT!" >3)

Note: Some content from Season 8 was leaked near the end of last year. While much of it is officially revealed, much isn't. So, please keep leaked content under the tag and don't post or link leaked assets.

Zap2It first announced the episode's title and date, and Hasbro released their August lineup on July 20.

Title: Yakity-Sax

Airtime (DF/U.S.):

1. Summertime Shorts: July 20 (according to @PinkiePie97's guide screenshot, 2pm EST)
  2. Canonical Airdate: August 25, 11:30am EST.

Writers: Michael P. Fox, Wil Fox

Synopsis:

1. DF Press: Pinkie Pie has a new hobby that she absolutely loves - playing the Zenithrash. But when herfriends discourage her from playing due to her lack of skill, it causes a series of events leading to Pinkie Pie possibly leaving Ponyville forever!
  2. Zap2It: Pinkie Pie has a new hobby that she absolutely loves - playing the Zenithrash; when her friends discourage her from playing due to her lack of skill, it causes a series of events leading to Pinkie Pie possibly leaving Ponyville forever.

Extra notes: 

1. This episode is part of DF's "Summer Surprises," which airs every Friday at 2pm. Its canonical airdate is August 25, S8's 18th episode.

Episode links:

SendVid: https://sendvid.com/5pwefp6z

DM:

Spoiler
  • Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wow. That sounds harsh. :blink:

kinda is but we definitely know pinkie pie wont be leaving,  they would make a big scene about it to make you think she is but a quick turnaround will make her stay.:P

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

kinda is but we definitely know pinkie pie wont be leaving,  they would make a big scene about it to make you think she is but a quick turnaround will make her stay.:P

Yeah, knowing this show, part of the outcome (Pinkie staying with the cast) is obvious. How it'll be approached in between remains to be seen.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

So is it the law of the forum boomerang rant?

Only through Act 1, but Pinkie taking her friends' negative reaction to the yovidaphone really hard was a direction I didn't see coming. Kudos to the Fox Brothers for switching things up.

I thought that this episode was a fairly cute and harmless one.  Not one of my favorites, but entertaining enough.

Some of my favorite moments were the mane 6 trying to get each other to tell Pinkie she sucks at the instrument, Rarity saying applelutely (which I wonder if that was a slip up that the crew decided to keep in), not even Fluttershy can understand Gummy, the references to Horse Play, alcoholic Pinkie, and Pinkie mentioning that yaks are perfectionists.

This episode went by pretty quickly, and I really liked how the mane 6 were characterized here.

• Brohoof 2

A fun episode. Really abrupt ending though. I need to go back and figure out what the moral of the story was other than "there are some things in life that have no purpose other than to make you happy."

All work and no playing the Euridiphone make Pinkie a dull gray. A gray Pinkamena that puts Discorded Pinkie and Chrysalis-copy Pinkie to shame. Yikes. o_O

Gotta admit, this episode surprised me in a good way. The moral is simple, but relatable and makes sense. Pinkie wasn't good at playing the yovidaphone, but telling her to stop playing it is heinous critique. It's no surprise how horribly she took it. Playing the yovidaphone, period, just made her feel happy, which is exactly how the yaks like it.

Not bad. :)

• Brohoof 5

Just now, ggg-2 said:

Interesting how the episode summary calls it a Zenithrash, while it's a Yovidaphone in the episode itself.

Maybe it's a joke. XD The thing is pronounced completely different from how it's spelled.

• Brohoof 1

That was a fun episode, though I absolutely called people saying the moral was confused or muddy because the consequences of Pinkie’s playing were jammed up for comedic effect. Still, I thought it was a decent comedic episode, though I don’t think it will be too memorable in the long run.

• Brohoof 3