Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

OOC:

It was sunny Friday afternoon and last of the classes for the week had ended, Jenna was standing outside the main entrance of the school listening music through her headphones and playing with a coin she had found from bottom of her leather jacket's pocked (1, 2, 3, 4,). She was bored, and didn't have any plans for the day, or for the whole weekend in that matter, and was killing time as she was trying to come up with something to do, but it was nothing new, because while everyone else in her age group were hanging with friends and or partying, she was usually alone, not because nobody wanted to be with her, in fact, some people wanted too much to be with her, but because she had made the conscious effort to make them to leave her alone. It wasn't that she didn't like company, no, she just didn't like the type of people most of the choices for that were, that and there was something she didn't want to risk showing to said people.

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't long before Oliver exited the school building, enthusiastic to get out after a long week of work. This was the longest time he'd have free to himself before the work started up again on Monday, so he'd have to make the most of it. He had his hands in his pockets in a relaxed gait.

As he headed toward the entrance, he noticed the girl standing there flipping a coin. He didn't say anything--she looked preoccupied, and she had headphones on so she wouldn't hear him anyway--and just watched the tricks she seemed to be doing without concentrating that much.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't at first pay any attention to the person that had stopped next to her, after all, it was a public place, but after a minute or so, she turned her eyes towards him to see what he was doing, only to notice that he was looking at her. She made few more over the top flips before catching the coin between two fingers and turning her head towards the guy, she lifted her headphones from one of her ears, "Can I hep you?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked in mild surprise, not expecting to have grabbed the girl's attention. But he didn't avert his gaze.

"Just watching the coin," he answered, keeping his eyes on it as it flipped up and down in the air. "I've tried that before, could never get it."

• Brohoof 1

"Ah, I see." Jenna said as she started spinning and bouncing the coin on her fingertip (E) "It all comes down to enough practice." she smiled a bit "Pretty useless skill, but skill nontheless." this guy wasn't the first one to stop to watch her coin tricks, but he was first one to say it instead of walking or turning away when confronted about it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept on watching, almost mesmerised at how skillful the tricks were. His eyes widened and he leaned in slightly for a closer look.

"This has to be magic," he deduced, and looked up at her. "Are you magic?" He grinned.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna chuckled "Nah, this is just skill." she stopped the coin between her fingers "But this.." she put the coin in her hand's palm and closed her fist, soon opening it to show that the coin was gone "...could be magic." she then raised her another hand and opened it like dropping something, and two smaller coins dropped down to the ground. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's eyes widened more as the girl performed her trick. He always loved magic, watching tricks of it on TV and such as well as the fantastical version in movies, and this was no exception.

"That was so cool!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Thank you" Jenna said as she picked up the coins from the ground and shut them in her fist again, it was nice to have an audience, even if it was just a random guy she had never met before. She opened her hand again to reveal the original coin and started flipping it, but this time instead of just normally flipping it, she closed the coin inside her fist every time she caught it, and it changed hands every time she did so. "I don't think we have met before." "So, what's your name?"

Edited by Totally Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver was so caught up in watching the coin tricks that he almost missed the question. He pried his attention away from it just enough to answer.

"I'm Oliver," he said, grinning at her. "What's yours?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna stopped the coin again and she spoke with general friendly smile "Oliver.....yeah, doesn't ring any bells." "I'm Jenna." she looked at the coin between her fingers "If you have heard any rumors about 'that loner' or something similar..." "...That's me" She had noticed Oliver's focus on the coin tricks, and was surprised that someone would actually be so interested in it, she started spinning the coin on her fingertip again and moved her hand a bit to see if Oliver's eyes followed "How did you become this big of a fan of coin tricks?" "I mean, I have never seen anyone actually pay that much attention to the coin itself."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, I just love magic in general," Oliver explained, grinning brightly at Jenna. "Stage tricks, and the kinds in books and movies and stuff. It's just so cool!"

He looked around slightly and lowered his voice. "I can kinda do magic too, but just one thing. And I'm kinda not allowed to do it in public either."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna narrowed her eyes at Oliver's latter comment, she wasn't sure what he meant, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to necessarily know, she was curious yes, but she saw three options on what it could be, but two of them were something she didn't want to know, and third one was just...unlikely. She stopped the coin again "Is that so?" "I wonder what kind of trick it has to be for it to be not allowed in public." she didn't want to be too straight forward, but she had decided that she wanted to know what Oliver was talking about, she wanted to know if she had finally met someone with....similar skills than her. 

• Brohoof 1

"It's a really secret one," Oliver explained, darting his eyes around again. "I'm actually not supposed to tell anyone, but you're magic too so I think it's alright." He grinned at her.

He was wondering where would be a safe place to show her his 'trick'.

• Brohoof 1

"I see." Jenna said, trying to hide the fact that she didn't know what to think about Oliver at the moment, she found his wording unusual, as parts of it sounded almost child like, and she knew that normal girls would at this point try to get away from the grinning guy, but she wasn't normal, and she knew that what somebody could call 'magic' existed, so she was curious to know if Oliver was really telling a truth or if it was just some weird imagination.

Jenna put the coin into her pocket and stretched her fingers "If you want to tell more about this 'magic', I know a place nearby where there shouldn't be anyone eavesdropping." She knew the risks of going somewhere alone with a stranger but she wasn't worried, because even in the worst case scenario, she knew she would be able to handle herself.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver grinned at Jenna's proposal. He knew he wasn't meant to show anyone what he could do, but she could do magic as well and so he felt he could trust her to keep it secret. Plus he'd always wanted to show other people.

"Cool!" He grinned and waited expectantly. "Where?"

• Brohoof 1

"There's a abandoned warehouse about 2 minutes away from here." Jenna explained "I know the owner and they don't care if we go there." she started walking "I would probably have gone there anywhere so might as well to see what you have to show me.". She was quiet for a moment before she started talking again, hoping to start a conversation "So, are you new here or have you just kept a low profile? since we have never met before this."

• Brohoof 1

"Sounds good," Oliver agreed, liking the idea of a secluded place. Only she would see what he could do, and he was sure she'd keep it a secret. She was magic too, so she had to.

"I'm new here," he explained, "just moved in a few weeks ago."

• Brohoof 1

"That explains it" Jenna said as she lead the way towards their destination "Welcome to your new home then." "Did you move because of school or is there some other reasons?" "If you want to tell of course." She knew that there could be personal reasons that Oliver didn't want to say behind his moving, as she knew few other people who did.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver walked beside her and shrugged his shoulders. "Because of school, but also my parents got jobs located here so we had to move."

He blinked up at the sky, looking like he was trying to remove a thought from his mind.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Ah, I see, it's pretty common reason to move." Jenna said understandingly, she noticed Oliver blinking up at the sky but didn't ask about it, she felt that they didn't know each other well enough for her to put her nose into his business. 

They soon arrived to the old warehouse and Jenna dug out a key and opened the gate to the lot, and locked it again after they entered. The building looked like one would expect, it was worn out, there was broken windows, but it was still mostly intact. "Here we are" she opened the door to the warehouse and entered. 

Edited by Simply Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver gazed at the warehouse with curiosity, and followed her inside. He wasn't expecting it to be pristine, but it had certainly seen better days.

"It's pretty dusty in here," he muttered, being careful not to step on any broken glass.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, it hasn't been used for years" Jenna pointed out "That begs the question, why would anyone keep this, why not destroy it and build something useful instead." she walked to a light switch and turned on the lights, only about half of the lights worked. "Maybe there's something I don't know, but it seems waste of money for me." she didn't seem to mind the broken glass at all as she just walked over it, "Anyway, nobody will bother us here, the gate is locked and there is no way to see or hear anything from outside."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I see what you're saying," Oliver agreed, nodding and looking around, hands in his pockets. "You'd think someone would wanna do something with it, huh?"

He blinked and turned to her. "Oh right, my ability. You ready for this? Cuz I'm technically not meant to do it outside but you're magic too so I can trust you not to tell anyone."

• Brohoof 1

"As ready as I'll ever be" Jenna said "And technically we are not outside at the moment." latter comment was clearly meant as a joke of sorts, she put her hands behind her head and looked towards the roof "And don't worry, I know thing or two about not telling anyone, besides, who would I even tell, the goverment?" she chuckled a bit, though what she said true, who would even believe her if Oliver really did have 'magic'. She did wonder though, how hadn't Oliver already told somebody if simple magic tricks made him believe that person had 'magic', because even though he was right this time, you didn't really need any special abilities to do magic tricks. 

• Brohoof 1