Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Nah, I've beaten this boss before," Oliver said, grinning as the boss's health was under halfway. "It's just pretty hard, especially on your own. You just gotta keep going."

He nodded to the health bar. "Look, we're nearly there!"

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, that makes sense," Oliver admitted, shrugging and still playing. "But if they make them impossible to beat, they'll just lose business because it's so unfair. You can tell because someone would have beaten it at least once."

"Who said it needs to be impossible." Jenna pointed out as she played "It just can be very very hard." "Sure there's a way to beat it, but you just have to play a lot to learn that way." "And there's a way to make unfair bosses without them looking like unfair." sure Jenna hadn't ever played games before, but she had wasted enough time in the internet to watch videos and such to know a bit about them.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, that makes sense," Oliver agreed, "but they still ca't be impossible to beat, that'd just be bad game design. Plus no one will wanna play it anymore and you'll lose money."

He shrugged. "Other than that, I guess you can feel good about beating it when you do."

• Brohoof 1

"Depends on the game type really." Jenna mentioned "For example games that you can actually win money in, there the player always loses, because you want to play until you win, and when you win, you don't want to waste your luck and keep playing in hopes of winning more. " "Entertainment games like this aren't that different from that."

"Isn't that point of games? to feel good about winning in them."

• Brohoof 1

"Like gambling?" Oliver pointed out, and shook his head. "Nah, I don't like it. Dad says it's a waste of money. He says with video games I'm practicing my reflexes and coordination and stuff."

He grinned. "Plus, it's more fun."

• Brohoof 1

"Again, it depends on the game." Jenna pointed out "There are games that are surprisingly close to gambling." "And who can say what's fun and what's waste of money?" "You ask someone else their opinion and they might say video-games like this are waste of money, while gambling is more fun." "I understand the points of the both camps."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. I just think gambling's kinda boring anyway. Not as much stuff to do, you just put money down and say a number. I prefer games with controllers and stuff."

He grinned at her. "And games you can play with friends."

"That's not the only form of gambling." Jenna pointed out "But enough on that topic."

"True." she simply replied before falling silent as she focused to the game again for a moment, before starting to look around, it was quiet, there was only few people in the arcade, and two of them were employees.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "Yeah, but you know what I mean."

He looked around, noticing the silence as well. "Wow, slow day today. It's not usually so quiet this time of day Maybe they're all at school or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"In Saturday?" Jenna pointed out "My guess would be that people saw the news and decided to stay inside." she shrugged "That or there is some kind of event I'm not aware of, but my guess would be on the first one, people get easily scared about this type of things."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh yeah," Oliver muttered, blushing from forgetting that it was Saturday. "Yeah, that makes sense. I never heard of any events today, usually I'm one of the first to find out."

He grinned at her. "But we'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah." Jenna said nodding, she had noticed Oliver's blush again but didn't mention it yet "There's no reason to worry about something happening yet, and besides, even if something happened, we are more than capable to handle ourselves." "So we will be okay."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly, and grinned brightly at Jenna. "Yeah, you're right. We're tough, so we can handle whatever it is!"

He looked back at the game, after they had beaten the boss. "Plus, we're getting good practice."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna just chuckled, not having anything to reply really.

"So, how long is this game?" she asked "Not that I'm complaining, just curious how much longer it will go on." the button pressing was getting bit old at this point, and she wanted to play air-hockey.

• Brohoof 1

"At some point yes." Jenna replied "As fun as it is to play this with you, it's pretty monotonous, since only real variety is enemy health." she smiled "I mean, we can still continue some time but at some point it would be nice to change a bit."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and walked over to the air hockey table with Jenna. "Sure, sounds fun. It'll probably be a lot better with someone to play against for once."

He looked over to her. "You ever played this before?"

• Brohoof 1

"Not really, but I know how it works." Jenna replied "I have seen people playing it." she walked to her side and put a coin in, she smirked "But don't put your guard down..." she moved her striker around on the table a bit to test how it handled "...Because I learn fast, you ready?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna put the puck on the table and started the game, and regardless of never playing the game before, she seemed to be rather good at it, but was that really a surprise when eye-hand coordination and reflexes were two of her strengths thanks to her power and her history with combat practice. Pretty quickly she got hang of controlling the striker, it starting to feel more natural, and she soon found her eyes drifting towards Oliver more and more frequently, just to...look at him.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver, with his own heightened senses, had some fast reflexes of his own, and the two were locked into a rather fast paced game.

Whenever Jenna wasn't looking at him, he took little glances up at her. He wasn't sure why, he just... really liked looking at her.

• Brohoof 1