Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Sculptures?" Oliver muttered, not expecting that answered, then blinked as he realised what she was getting at. "Oh! Oh that's cool." He grinned and went to the counter to order a hot cocoa, paying for it and joining her.

"I like reading and music as well," he went on. "Video games too."

• Brohoof 1

After Oliver had ordered, Jenna moved to a table, it was small 2 person table on the back wall of the cafe. As she walked she replied to Oliver "I have never really got into video games." She explained "Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just haven't had any reason to try them out." it was mostly because she saw them as something you did with other people rather than alone, and her being mostly alone all the time, she had no use for something like that.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged and took a sip of his drink when he sat down. "Yeah, it's way more fun with friends, that kinda thing." He'd love to try gaming with her sometime, if she wanted to.

"So," he went on, "what stuff do you read?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna sat down "Mythology and Fantasy, we would be here for whole weekend if I started listing every book individually." she smiled humorously and sipped her coffee, she lowered her voice so nobody else would hear "It really makes it more interesting when you know all of it could be possible." She was obviously speaking about their abilities, she didn't believe that they were only ones with powers, since it was very unlikely, and she didn't believe that she was strongest one out there either, meaning that anything was possible. She continued with normal voice to hide what she had said from people around them "It's fascinating to think how people come up with that stuff." though it wasn't any less true than her previous statement, how did people first come up with things like magic or dragons or anything like that, if they didn't exist at some point of time.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's eyes widened at Jenna's hushed comment. "You think so? You think there are other people like that?"

He shrugged. "I guess people from years and years ago had a really good imagination. Or they were really superstitious." He shrugged.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna spoke again with quiet tone "There has to be, I find it very unlikely that we are the only ones, especially since we live in the same city." she looked around to make sure nobody was looking at them or listening, after which she continued quietly "But I do wonder how none of us has gone haywire and revealed themselves to public." She sipped her coffee and continued with the act "True, but it's said that every story has hint of truth behind it."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, maybe they're just really good at hiding it," Oliver suggested, taking a sip of his drink. "If they went this long without letting people know about it, like we did."

He looked around as well, though he was more wondering if anyone else in the cafe was like them.

• Brohoof 1

"True, and really that has to be case since they have succeeded" Jenna agreed quietly "But what I wonder is why." "Because one would assume that at least few of them would use it to gain popularity or power." She shook her head "Sorry, let's return back to normal topics, it just bothers me how little sense everything makes." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked and shrugged. "Nothing wrong with not making sense, it just means you can try to think of a way to make it so it does make sense, right?"

He sipped his drink again. "Maybe they're already popular or powerful?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah." Jenna said unsure if she really got what Oliver was saying, "But it's still annoying."

She shrugged and took a sip from her coffee, "Could be, and I guess their skills could be something that's not noticable right away." "And I guess it doesn't really matter....but I still wonder where all the bad apples are, you know, criminals and such." She chose her words carefully so she didn't need to whisper. 

• Brohoof 1

"Oh yeah, good point," Oliver muttered, glancing around himself again to make sure they were safe. "You'd think they'd be firing lasers all over the place or something."

He shrugged. "Maybe they're really just being careful?"

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly." Jenna said and took a sip again. 

"Sure that could be it, but I find it very unlikely.", she didn't want to check over her shoulder all the time, so she worded her explanation in a way it didn't matter if someone heard it, hoping that Oliver understood what she was doing "Because the girl in the story is rather powerful, in fact, I believe she could easily crush anything humans can throw at her..." "But I don't believe she's the most powerful out there, It's very unlikely." she was talking about herself "And after all, they are humans just like anyone else, so it's hard to believe that there isn't even one of them who would use their abilities for evil." she kept a short pause "So either something from outside keeps bad apples in control, or there really isn't any....which isn't any less suspicious."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver listened intently, tilting his head slightly to some of the details. It was curious that there seemed to be no other powerful people out there, none that he had heard of anyway.

"You think maybe someone's looking for them?" he suggested.

• Brohoof 1

"It's possible." Jenna agreed "It could be the age old cliché of goverment knowing more than they show." she sipped more and was going to continue, but was cut short when someone put the TV behind them louder. She turned around to see what was going on. 

The TV was on news channel and the person reading the news was asking if what they had was correct, after which they nodded and faced the camera again "According to sources, military activity has increased in all countries. Old military bases has been reclaimed and reinforced, and soldiers have been seen working with police in several countries." "No official statements.... " Jenna turned back towards Oliver "Speaking of goverment not telling everything."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked toward the TV and listened to the report with Jenna. The story was definitely curious to him.

"Huh, I wonder why they're suddenly gearing up," he muttered to her. "I haven't heard of any wars going on or anything."

• Brohoof 1

"Me neither" Jenna agreed "And even if I had, it still wouldn't explain most of the countries preparing." she said most instead of all, because she didn't believe that the news had sources in every single country. She shrugged "But we don't know enough to make any conclusions about the reason, it can be anything from huge coincidence to end of the world..." she laughed shortly "At this point we can only put on tinfoil hats." she turned more serious "But we better keep our eyes open, if nothing else, this may cause some unrest"

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, we better not open our mouths too much," Oliver muttered in agreement, looking around the cafe again. "They must be smart if they're staying hidden for so long."

He sipped his drink again. "It's so easy to catch stuff on camera now."

• Brohoof 1

"True" Jenna agreed "Everyone has camera with them and there's camera surveillance everywhere." she took a sip and listened as people around them talked about the news, she decided to change the topic to little less serious topic "Now, back to normality.... ." she though for a moment "What's your favorite food?." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver overheard the chatter as well, trying his best to not look to concerned about it.

He grinned at the question, liking the change of topic. "Pizza. Meat feast especially." It made sense, seeing wolves were carnivores. "Yours?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver grinned, liking that Jenna had similar tastes. "Chicken is my favourite, especially fried. I dunno why, it just tastes so good."

He sipped his drink and looked at it. "Heh, sometimes I wonder why I don't get sick drinking chocolate."

• Brohoof 1

"I don't have favorite on that front, meat is meat, no matter what animal." Jenna said as she sipped her drink "Though I wouldn't taste things like cats or dogs, that's just gross"

"I think I know the reason." Jenna said calmly and continued quietly "You are human." "Sure you can turn into a wolf, but I think it's safe to assume that when it comes to DNA and such you're just like everyone else, because if you were really part wolf, it would have come up in medical tests at some point." she shrugged "And then there is your parents, they have probably been through lot more medical tests than you, yet they are still hidden too." she sipped her drink again "Though it's just a guess, I have no idea how these things work."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked horrified at the idea. "I'd never eat a cat or dog! I love them!" He blinked. "Huh, I like cats. That's kinda weird, huh?"

He shrugged. "I dunno either, I never really thought much about it before this."

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

"Not really" Jenna smiled "The myth that dogs naturally hate cats is just bunch of nonsense." "Any animal can like any other animal." She sipped her drink again, there wasn't a lot left anymore, "I asked about it earlier as a joke."

"It's better to not think about it." Jenna noted, "I have been thinking about it for years and it makes only less sense more you think about it."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "I guess. I don't really mind cats, so I guess it was just made up."

He frowned at Jenna, but nodded. "Yeah, I guess it's not all that important if it's never come up before until now."

• Brohoof 1