Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver blinked and widened his eyes a bit. "Really? You don't look crazy to me. Maybe you're just keeping together really well."

He shrugged. "I never thought much of it before, and it hasn't done me any bad so far. Guess I can keep it that way."

• Brohoof 1

"I don't mean literally." Jenna pointed out amused, not sure if Oliver was joking or if he was being serious "Though i wouldn't say I'm fully sane either." she was obviously joking, though there was truth behind it, anyone who claimed to be fully sane was lying or insane. "Though in all seriousness, it's  good choice to not think too much about it, more you think about it, less everything makes sense." She drank the last drops of her coffee. 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I get that," Oliver agreed, finishing off his own drink and setting the mug down. "It was already pretty confusing anyway."

He took a look around him warily. "So, uh... what do we do now? Go somewhere else?"

• Brohoof 1

"That's....a good question." Jenna hadn't even thought about that, she wasn't used to hang out with anyone so she didn't know what people usually did, but at the same time she didn't want to leave yet since it was rather nice to have company for once, she rubbed her chin thoughtfully "We could go to my place, there necessary isn't anything to do there, but if nothing else, there wouldn't be anyone eavesdropping." She had never invited anyone to her apartment because she didn't want to take the risk of people finding out about her powers, but since Oliver knew already and she seemed to get on well with him, she figured there wasn't any reason to not to.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged with a grin. "Sure, sounds fun." He got up and stretched his arms.

He took a moment to think. "Your family's probably pretty interesting too!" he added, being careful about his choice of words.

"Not really." Jenna denied as she got up "They aren't anything special as people and like I told earlier, they aren't like me." "I don't even have siblings so there isn't any interesting stories from that front either." she then realized something "Speaking of, you have only talked about your parents, so I take you don't have siblings either?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged and followed Jenna. He blinked at her question, not expecting it or realising he hadn't mentioned anything.

"Oh, I have a brother," he said. "He's like me. He moved out a while ago though. I guess my parents trust him to keep quiet."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, I see" Jenna said as she opened the door and exited the cafe, that made her realize something that made her curious "Now, say if this question is too personal, but how did your parents meet?" she had realized that Oliver had said they both are like him, so she was curious if there something deeper going on or if it really had been just a change that two people of same power happened to meet each other and fall in love, and that brought up another question, but she made sure there was nobody around them to hear them "And other little of topic question, can you sense each other?" "Like, if stranger who's like you would walk past us, would you able to tell?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "I dunno how they met, they never really brought it up. Then again, I never asked either."

He nodded at Jenna's next question. "Yeah, we can smell each other's scents. Stronger sense of smell and all. Maybe that's how they met?"

• Brohoof 1

"I see, that makes sense." Jenna said "You see, I wanted to know because...well, what would be the change of them meeting if there wasn't something like that." "Since even us meeting was huge coincidence, not to mention the two people with exactly same power." "Until there they can tell they share it, which in this case is true." she laughed "Sorry, I just can't stop trying to make sense of things." "I wonder if I would know if I met someone like me, since technically we would be physically connected assuming we are in contact with same piece of material."

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno, maybe you can," Oliver said with a shrug. "Maybe it's the same as my powers, like you can sense someone who has similar ones to yours."

He shook his head. "I dunno, a lot of it still doesn't make sense to me either."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but I wonder how I would feel it." Jenna replied thoughtfully "Because when I control something, it basically becomes part of me, and though there isn't feeling in what I control, I still feel it, if you get what I mean." she scratched her chin thoughtfully "So what happens when two people share something they can feel and control?" "Like, it would technically be the same as someone suddenly sharing the control of your hand with you."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "Maybe it does? With my powers, I can just sorta... sense it. Smell it, maybe? I dunno."

He looked up in thought. "I get what you mean though. Like you get so used to it you forget you feel something when you use it."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I more mean that there is no feeling as a sense, but I feel it as part of me." Jenna explained "Like...if you have ever been anesthetized, it's similar to that, you don't feel the anesthetized part, but you still know it's still part of you." she stopped in front of an apartment building "Anyways, we're here." she opened the front door and let Oliver go first in the stairway "Second floor, first door on the left."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Oliver muttered with a nod, and looked up at the apartment building. "You live here, huh? Cool." He grinned.

He walked past her and up the stairs, following her directions to her door and waiting for her to unlock it.

• Brohoof 1

"Eeyep" Jenna replied as she followed with Oliver to her door "This building is filled with weirdos and lowlife, so nobody comes to bother me." she unlocked the door and let Oliver in "But don't worry, regardless of what it sounds like, this is perfectly safe place to live, if not safer than usual." she walked in after Oliver and closed the door behind them.

The apartment opened to a medium sized room, where there was living room area and a kitchen with the dinner table separating the two, there was small statues of different things, made from different materials all over the place, and clothing was here and there around the place. There was two doors that connected to the room, one closed one with a lock, most likely a bathroom door, and another one that was open, and from the door could be seen end of a single bed, desk with a computer on it, and bookshelf filled with books and piles of paper. There was pile of papers on the desk too, and above it was notice board with clippings from newspapers and some hand written papers on it. 

"Sorry about the mess, I don't usually get visitors."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked around the apartment, looking more curious than disgusted or anything. "It's fine, you have a cool place."

He looked toward the noticeboard with all the newspaper clippings and took a closer look. "What's all this here?"

• Brohoof 1

"Those?" "They're research." Jenna explained "Like I said before, I have tried to figure out this whole powers thing for a while now." she put her headphones on a table and took off her jacket, throwing it on a back of a chair "The ones on the board are happenings that could with light change have something to do with our type." "Mysterious fires, unexplained police or military operations.....things like that." "But I haven't found anything substantial."

• Brohoof 1

"At this point..." Jenna walked behind Oliver "...I'm trying to find anything that indicates that we exist, but nothing of actual proof has come up, only speculation." There wasn't anything too unusual on the board, only clippings from newspapers about accidents, fires, operations, stuff like that, with only thing common being that there was either no explanation given, or that the explanation was vague or something cliche like military test going wrong, and the handwritten notes were just summaries of different news articles of similar content. "Folklore is the closest thing to a proof I can find."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, it's hard when no one else actually shows it off in public," Oliver agreed, looking over the articles and trying to look closely at the photos for any hints. "If people with powers are behind these, they're good at keeping hidden."

• Brohoof 1

"Wow, they're really good then," Oliver muttered, looking closer at the photos, nearly touching them with his face. "So if they couldn't find anything, how did you? You must be really good at this stuff, huh?" He grinned.

• Brohoof 1

There wasn't anything unusual in the photos, they were what you would expect from an news article. "That's the thing, I haven't exactly found anything." "All I have are possibilities, but not proven facts." she rose her finger and continued with a tone that was clearly a comical imitation of stereotypical conspiracy theorist "But! there's something going on, because in ever case you see there, there was some government agency investigating, FBI, Military, those guys who investigate plane crashes, even the food safety administration was in one of them." she had jokingly made a tinfoil hat and had put in on her head as she was talking.

• Brohoof 1