Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Well, I'm with you now," Oliver said, smiling at her. "I'll know if anyone's coming, so you can rest and I can take over if you want."

He frowned again upon seeing her close up. "Besides, you look exhausted."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna tried to say something but she yawned at the same time making it impossible to understand what she was saying, she chuckled at herself a bit before repeating it "I'd like to argue but I have a feeling that this is the one thing where you don't ask my opinion." she gave him a humorous smile "Though first, I need to lock the door." she took hold of some kind of metal pipe that seemed to go down towards the ground where the door was and held it for few seconds before letting go again. 

She then laid down on the roof and stared at the clear sky "Tell me if you notice anything unusual....though nothing should happen until 3 pm, until someone tries to come here that is of course." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and watched her bar the door. It felt good taking a more proactive stance, though it was fuelled by him not wanting to see Jenna ran ragged.

"What happens at 3pm?" he asked, looking out at the horizon.

• Brohoof 1

"That's the time in the letter." Jenna said before yawning again "We of course can't know for sure if it's correct or what happens, but based on the last date and time being the exact moment the portal-thingy opened, my guess is that we get our own portal here." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, frowning at the idea of a portal opening right there. He didn't want to ask anymore, seeing how tired Jenna was, so he just sat closer to her and let her lean on him so she could get some rest.

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't take Jenna long to fall asleep, and if Oliver didn't wake her up, she would sleep few hours, waking up somewhere around 12-1 pm.
Nothing too extreme would happen during that time, the military did their thing inside the walls, and besides few military helicopters flying over the storage building and landing inside the walls, nothing happened around it. At some point a police helicopter flew past some distance away, repeating the same message as all the electrical devises did.

Other than that, it was very quiet, there were the sounds from the military of course, but besides that there was no sign of life anywhere, and if Oliver was to use his senses, he would be able to notice that it seemed that animals had left this area too since there was only some faint scents around.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned when he noticed the faint senses. Even the animals could tell something was wrong, and their instincts never failed.

He kept watching and waiting, occasionally looking at Jenna to make sure she was still sleeping soundly.

• Brohoof 1

"Not much happened really," Oliver said, looking around him still. "I just noticed there's no animals nearby anymore. Not even any birds."

He looked at Jenna. "How did you sleep? Do you feel any better?"

• Brohoof 1

"Animals are always the first ones to notice when something is wrong." she stated with a small yawn "I feel fine, I mean it wasn't like a full night sleep or anything, but it was a good nap." as she said this, she moved her head enough too see her laptop where the screensaver had come up, displaying the current time. "Though in hindsight I could have picked a better spot."

• Brohoof 1

"I would've moved you somewhere comfier," Oliver said, "but I didn't wanna wake you up. You looked happy sleeping there."

He looked around again. "You think there's gonna be another portal opening up around here?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jenna sat up "I probably was happy to sleep here, my body just disagrees." she said humorously before addressing the more serious topic at hand "But Yes, I believe it will be a portal, and so does the military quite clearly." "Though who knows, maybe it's nothing, or maybe a new mountain appears or something, at this point I wouldn't find anything surprising." the fact was that they had only one example of what could happen, so all they could do was guess, but in her eyes portal was most logical, she didn't know what else it could be if the letter was right.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at his phone and swallowed as he looked at the time. "Almost three." He looked around, trying to sense anything. "You know it's bad when the animals have all fled. Something tells me we should've done the same."

• Brohoof 1

"Probably, but then again, like I said at some point, if it's really so bad that we can't handle it, running wouldn't do anything." Jenna pointed out "If it can overrun military and us, why wouldn't they be able to catch up eventually regardless of where we go?" "What one leaves behind will eventually bite their behind, you can't run away from problems, especially if that problem has legs and weaponry." she chuckled, not because she found what she had said funny, but because the situation was so weird that she couldn't help but laugh at it, at least it was better than crying about it, right? 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled a little at Jenna's comment, but he didn't fully agree with not running.

"But if we can't fight it or run away, what can we do?" he asked, tilting his head. "There's gotta be something."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "Our best." "I'd like to say I have a plan for that but I don't, I was prepared for lot of things but this wasn't one of them." she put her arms around her own legs "So if all fails...well, there's not much one can do." "We can hide, but it's only so long before we would need to get more food and stuff." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and put his arm around Jenna. "We'll get through this, we just need to know what we're gonna deal with. I can handle supply runs and stuff like that if it comes to it. I'll be able to smell out any trouble."

• Brohoof 1

"If there will be any supplies to get at that point." Jenna pointed out "It's like you said, we don't know for sure what we are dealing with, it could be that the military stops this all and nothing happens, or this could be the end of the world as we know it, we can only wait and see."

• Brohoof 1

"I just hope it's not the end of the world," Oliver admitted, biting his lip and looking down at his feet. "The last thing I want is for things to stop so soon. Just when we started getting to know each other."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, smiling and sitting closer to her. "Yeah, whatever this is, we'll take it on. I like this world too, so we should try to protect it, right?"

He was nervous as well, but he tried not to show it.

• Brohoof 1

"It's not like there's any other choice." Jenna pointed out "We are the ones with the special abilities, if the army can't and we won't, who else is there to do it?"  "And someone clearly wants us to do something, the letter shows that, it's way to convenient to be a coincidence." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but what do they want us to do?" Oliver asked, frowning as he looked down at his shoes. "And why us? I get why they'd send for you, with your powers, but what could I do against... whatever it is?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "No idea, but it doesn't really matter." "It's either us or nobody." she looked up towards the sky "But don't underestimate yourself, you don't need to be great fighter to be useful." "I would most likely go mad if I was alone in this, and what if I wear myself out too much to flee?" "There's a reason why every military has different units that by themselves would be very easy to take down, it's no different for smaller groups, something can be useless alone but very important when combined with others." 

• Brohoof 1