Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense. Still, I'd rather avoid getting caught in the middle of it if I can help it."

He looked at Jenna, frowning. "And I really don't want you to get hurt either."

• Brohoof 1

"Then you're in the wrong place." Jenna pointed out "Because we are quite literally in the middle of it, or well, the middle is there." she pointed towards the school where the military was most focused on "And while I of course will avoid injuries, I can't promise anything since we know nothing about what will happen." 

• Brohoof 1

"We don't have to be in the middle of it," Oliver pointed out. "We can always get out of here and find somewhere to evacuate. The only thing that said we should be here is that letter, right?" he pointed out.

• Brohoof 1

"The letter only said where and when, it was my own decision to come here." Jenna pointed out calmly "Like I have said, I'm not forcing you to be here with me, but I won't be leaving until the situation gets too much to handle." "I don't believe running away would help in the long run, and I feel it to be my responsibility in this situation to use my abilities to defend those without them." 

• Brohoof 1

"It was just a suggestion," Oliver said. "I didn't say I was planning to leave. Not without you, anyway."

He looked around. "But yeah, you're right; we should at least try to help the people who can't protect themselves."

• Brohoof 1

"That's a good point," Oliver agreed. "In fact, in that case, by now you'd likely take whatever's coming singlehanded if you put your all into it."

He smiled at Jenna. "I'll still help, if you need it."

• Brohoof 1

"Of course I do need your help, because you're missing a crucial detail." Jenna pointed out "If I was to give my all, I would have nothing more to give." "Let's say for sake of example that my all was 100 creatures that want to harm me, so what happens if there's 101 creatures?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver couldn't deny she had a good point. She had her limits, and what if she ran out at the last crucial moment.

"Well, I'd be there to take care of that one for you," he pointed out, smiling at her.

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly my point." Jenna stated "You may not have abilities capable of breaking the laws of physics, but you're still important part of the team." she got away from the radio and stretched before looking at the clock "half an hour left." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed and smiled as he started to realise what Jenna was getting at. "Yeah, I see your point now. I guess I've got my own way of helping."

He looked at her and tilted his head. "Half an hour til what?"

• Brohoof 1

"Til three'o clock, aka when the stuff should hit the fan so to speak." she created a small protective wall around the laptop and the radio using her powers on the roof in case there was a shock wave, she also raised few railing like shapes from the roof so that they had something to hold on to, just in case. "This is one of the times when I hope that I'm just bit messed up in the head, I really don't want to be right this time." she joked, though there again was bit of truth mixed in. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver watched as Jenna used her powers to prepare them for what was to come. He was nervous, and he could sense she was too. He sat a little closer in hopes of reassuring her. "Hopefully it just won't be too bad."

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully." Jenna agreed as she took the box Oliver had carried up and took the things out "But honestly I'm not feeling too hopeful." she looked around as she spoke, her eyes suddenly catching something that got her attention, it was a person wearing all black, nothing weird by itself if bit shady, but the weird part was that they were standing on top of the wall that the military had build, looking towards the school. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at Jenna and noticed she was looking at something, and followed her gaze. He blinked curiously as he spotted the hooded figure as well.

"Who do you think that is?" he whispered to her.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "Someone who can scale walls with ease that's for sure." "And who doesn't care about us, since they have certainly seen us, it's not like we are well hidden." the person on the wall looked at their wrist, most likely checking the time "Whoever it is, they haven't been there for long, we would have seen them if they were." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, watching what the figure was doing. "You think they're here to help us? They must be waiting for... whatever's going to happen too, so maybe we can help him and he'll help us back?" he suggested.

• Brohoof 1

"Him or her." Jenna pointed out, the outfit didn't really give away anything "And maybe, or maybe they have their own reason to be here." the person sat down on the wall and waited, greeting Oliver and Jenna with a wave of their hand before turning back towards the school. "Well that confirms that they know we are here." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed when he watched the figure wave at them, and awkwardly waved back at them.

"I guess this means they aren't here to hurt us," he said, still keeping an eye on them while watching toward the school.

• Brohoof 1

"They wouldn't most likely have let us to see them in the first place if they had any plans that includes us." Jenna pointed out "Considering that neither of us noticed them getting on the wall, they most likely would have been able to sneak on us easily if they wanted to." the person just sat there, looking at the clock now and then "I wonder about their powers, what would allow someone to get so high without making any sound or physically moving anything." 

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno, maybe they wouldn't want to sneak up on us before attacking," Oliver said, shrugging. "There's probably weirder stuff than that about to happen."

He tilted his head. "Maybe they're a ninja or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"Even ninjas can't make that climb without some kind of help, there isn't any ladders as far as I know." Jenna pointed out "But I guess we'll see, take these, the time is running out." she gave Oliver earplugs, earmuff, sunglasses and a welding mask "Double protection is the best we can do, let's hope it's enough." she then took her own set. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at the gear Jenna gave him, and swallowed before putting them on.

"I just hope it's not as bad as it looks," he admitted, his heart pumping faster as he sat closer to Jenna, almost for protection.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna took hold of the railing she had made then just waited.

It was about 5 minutes later when things happened, and similar to what was seen in the video, a dark shape appeared on top of the schools yard that looked like a rip in the reality itself. It wasn't bright, quite the opposite actually, it was almost like it sucked all light from around it, and the moment it appeared the sky turned dark, yet somehow it was still clear, sunlight just didn't come through. But while the eye-protection was unnecessary, everything else wasn't, the thing let out a loud bang when it appeared, loud enough that even from the several blocks away they were with double hearing-protection they had, it still sounded like a gunshot was shot right next to them, and the shock wave was still strong enough to make anyone not holding on something to lose their balance.

The full end result was hard to see as it was very dark, but few things were apparent if one was to look around, the person on the wall, was still on the wall, so they were aright, the power had went out from a small area around the school, but the area they were in still had power, and last, the school and some of the closest buildings were gone, leveled on the ground. 

After few seconds, flashes of light would be visible from the area with sound of gunfire following, the military was shooting something.

Jenna took the stuff off her head and took out a metal briefcase like box from behind the cover she had created for the radio and laptop. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed and held onto the railing as he watched the portal open. He flinched from the bang, surprised that the protection didn't do much to guard from it.

His breathng quickened as he saw the military open fire and Jenna reach for her laptop. He took off the protection and looked at her. "Can you see what they're shooting at?"

• Brohoof 1