Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Jenna actually reached past the laptop as she took out the metal box "Not yet, but soon I will." she opened the box and there was a pair binoculars, but unlike normal ones, these were bigger and seemed to have buttons "Don't ask where I got this, it doesn't matter." she had stolen them, this stuff was expensive, far beyond her budget, she pressed a button and waited for a moment "This is a thermal camera, but it also has night vision build in...it'll take a second for it to turn on." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver watched as Jenna opened the box and took out the binoculars. He was curious as to how she got them, but did as she said and didn't ask.

"I guess you're using the thermal part," he said. "See anything yet?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'll try both, though unlike their appearance may indicate, they don't really zoom that far." she said as the thing turned on, after which she looked through them, and almost immediately muttered "What in the *** " she then pressed some buttons on the side while still looking through them "I don't, and that's very odd." she gave the thermal camera to Oliver "Look yourself." the soldiers and the ends of the guns were visible in yellows and oranges, as to be expected since they were sources of heat, but the portal seemed to be colder than the air, and more oddly, whatever was coming out of the portal was barely visible, meaning that they were almost the same temperature as the air "Whatever they are, they don't have body heat."  

• Brohoof 1

Oliver took the camera and looked for himself. He did indeed saw the soldiers, but he couldn't see what they were fighting. He swallowed and looked at her.

"Maybe they're lizard people?" he suggested. "Lizards are cold-blooded, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"Is that really the good option?" Jenna questioned "Even ignoring that it's unlikely since the little we saw looked very human, are lizard-people really the best case scenario?" there was bit of humor in her tone, but it was also a genuine question, she didn't necessarily have any better suggestions if trying to be optimistic, but lizard-people sounded kinda scary to her, and from how Oliver had worded it, it sounded like it was what Oliver hoped they were. 

• Brohoof 1

"It was just what I thought of first," Oliver said, shrugging. "I mean, if they don't have heat in their bodies then they don't have any warm blood, and lizards have cold blood, so..."

He wasn't sure where else to go with that.

"From that it is a logical suggestion yes, but otherwise, not really." Jenna said "Until of course they ware very humanoid lizards, though one can only speculate what kind of place would cause an evolution like that." the person on the wall seemed to be leaving, as in, they jumped in the walled area, though it was less jumping and more floating down as they slowly landed on the ground.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, that's what I meant," Oliver said. "Lizard people, y'know?"

He watched as the figure floated safely down to the ground, tilting his head at the sight. "Maybe their power is being really lightweight or controlling gravity or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe" Jenna said thoughtfully "Though it has to be something with wider effect, because I don't believe they would be here if floating is the only thing they can do, that isn't really something to use in a fight." she speculated as the person made their way towards the soldiers, disappearing from view due to the buildings around.

Speaking of the soldiers, the flashes of light that was the gunfire kept moving further and further away from the portal-thingy, seemingly also lessening as time went on, implying that the soldiers were getting overrun again, but this time they were prepared better than they had been in the video, as helicopters, few armored vehicles and other heavier weaponry made its presence known, though even they had to back away as the mass of whatever they were kept growing.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver watched as the figure disappeared around a corner, and looked as the soldiers started to back off. He swallowed, watching it all play out.

"Do you think we should do something?" he asked. "Help them out somehow?"

• Brohoof 1

"Not much we can do, if we get too close, we'll end up in the crossfire." Jenna pointed out "There also could be mines or other such stuff, making it dangerous for us." "I may be powerful, but I don't know how to act in a war zone, which the area basically is." "But we should mentally prepare, this doesn't look too good." 

• Brohoof 1

"There won't be any crossfire at that point, if whatever those are reach the wall, there's nobody left shooting." Jenna pointed out, bit grim idea maybe, but it was true, there wasn't crossfire if there was nobody left alive to fire anything, since whatever was coming out of the portal didn't seem to have guns. "And if it reaches that point, that's why we are here, if the military fails, there's nobody else."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver didn't like just sitting there, but he didn't move from Jenna's side. "It's just rough to watch, is all."

He kept watching, and noticed something. "How are they still pushing on without guns? You'd think they'd all be put down by now."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm wondering the same." Jenna said "Because while overwhelming the military is possible even without weapons if there's enough numbers, there doesn't seem to bee any piles of bodies gathering anywhere." "And while the bigger guns have managed to make small holes in the crowd, it doesn't seem to slow them down." "That added to with the little we saw from the previous portal, I don't think these things are human." 

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe they are lizard people," Oliver muttered, swallowing. "Like, with bulletproof scales or something. It'd explain how they're all still coming despite all those guns the military is throwing at them."

• Brohoof 1

"Or zombies." Jenna said, only half-joking, it sounded ridiculous sure, but at this point she didn't really know any options that didn't sound ridiculous, she didn't exactly know any creatures that were humanoids with no body heat and a seeming resistance against bullets. "Or some other form of undead, the area did feel very unnatural before the portal appeared." "And I don't think animals would have left the area if they were just lizards, especially since even the lizards left." "That one on the video was missing an arm if you remember." 

• Brohoof 1

"You think so?" Oliver asked, a bit of fear in his voice. He hadn't considered zombies, but that made a lot of sense. The lack of body heat and how they kept coming despite all the gunfire. "It's some kind of zombie dimension?!"

• Brohoof 1

"I mean, would it really be any weirder than lizard-men?" Jenna asked, trying to keep humor in her tone to make it easier to stay calm and reasonable "With the unnatural darkness, ice-cold portal and other such details, undead doesn't really sound too far fetched." "I doubt it's zombies like the ones in TV or games, but walking corpses nonetheless." "Though I guess we'll know soon enough, I'm sure you will be smelling them soon if they really are walking dead, they certainly smell awful if they are." the wind was coming from the side so there wasn't any smell at least yet. 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess it makes sense when you put it like that," Oliver admitted, swallowing as he looked on. "But who's sending zombies out to our world? And why?"

He was unsure if he was able to take on zombies without endangering himself.

• Brohoof 1

"For the same reason any army would go anywhere, conquest or destruction, or in case of undead, it could be they need living tissue for energy or something." Jenna speculated "And who, or what is sending them, that we can only speculate, some kind of leader most likely." "It could be that there's no reason for why target us specifically, maybe we just happen to be the next in line." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed, not enjoying the idea of being eaten by zombies. He bit his lip and kept looking on.

"I don't think they'd want our powers or something," he said. "I mean, what could zombies do with them?"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't think that either." Jenna stated "Because if they wanted something from what is very tiny fraction of the human kind, they wouldn't send literal armies." she pointed out "Ultimately the why doesn't really matter, this is a military assault, why it happens is a mere footnote on the whole thing, because it happens regardless of the reason." "My question is, how they do it?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Well if there's zombies and a portal, it might be magic," Oliver suggested. "Maybe it's some kind of really powerful sorcerer who wants to take over as many worlds as he can with an army of the undead!"

• Brohoof 1

"What is magic but a force we don't currently understand." Jenna said "Not saying you're wrong, after all, our powers are what one may call magic." she pointed at the portal "That thing can't be easy to keep open, even if that place has different laws of physics, in this world nothing happens without energy, so what keeps it open." the military kept backing up, but it would still be a moment before they were overrun "We can't take down an army, that's impossible, but we can try to get past it." "A girl and a wolf, that came with the letter, they were seemingly hiding in the picture." "What if it's more literal than we first thought?" 

(the picture as reminder)

• Brohoof 1