Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"You're not wrong, but I doubt the portal thingy moves a lot in there, so until it gets closed somehow, I'd say getting stuck there that way is the smallest risk."  Jenna stated, bit of positivity, though there was a reason why she specified 'that way'. 

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully there's a way back when we're done," Oliver said, starting to feel a bit better. "So when do you think we should go in? I guess the sooner the better, before things get worse and full of undead in our world."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, watching it unfold. "Yeah, but who knows how long that'll take. Are they smart enough to get out of there, or is someone gonna tell them how to escape? Maybe we might see who's behind all this."

• Brohoof 1

"They are smart enough to scatter to make the search for exit faster, so I don't see why they wouldn't be smart enough to recognize a way out if there's any, but you're right, we may see if there's any type of leader." she then focused on the radio, asking someone if they could hear her, after which she introduced herself calling herself a number taken from the radio's serial number, and explained their general situation, what they saw and had seen, what was happening now, things like that, but she didn't mention their exact location or anything else that could be directly traced to them.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept quiet while Jenna talked into the radio. He watched what was going on, frowning at the situation. He had no idea what was happening, or how to stop it, but someone thought he was able to. Plus he couldn't leave Jenna alone here.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna wrote down some numbers before removing the radio's headset from her head "Someone around the first portal had also had a radio like this but they went silent pretty quickly so there isn't much information to get from there." she looked up towards the sky "Speaking of information, how is there still no news-copters around, one would think media would be here like vultures around a fresh carcass." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed and looked up as well. "Yeah, you'd think they'd be reporting this for everyone to see."

He frowned and looked at Jenna. "Did someone pay them not to come and record anything for some reason?"

• Brohoof 1

"More likely that the military just doesn't let them, I doubt anyone is paid anything." Jenna pointed out "Though I'm still surprised there isn't even a ground crew, or even a single rogue reporter somewhere." "It could be they're just scared, but it's still weird." 

• Brohoof 1

"You'd think at least one would dare to get some footage, or at least a helicopter," Oliver said, shrugging. "It just doesn't feel right. Why aren't they letting any people see what's happening right now?

• Brohoof 1

"I can understand the lack of helicopters, no doubt military has made this no-fly zone, but usually there's always one or two individuals somewhere." she shrugged  "Guess the military has closed down the area very well or something." "The reason for why they wouldn't want people to see is simple though, they're trying to avoid a panic." 

• Brohoof 1

"I can't even smell any reporters around here," Oliver pointed out, pointing his nose up in the air. "You'd think they'd at least try to sneak in and get a good look at what's going on so people will know."

• Brohoof 1

"One would think but I guess not." Jenna stated, "There's no point trying to rationalize it too much, lot of things with this don't exactly make sense, media not being here, while odd, is far from the weirdest thing." 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess, but it's still weird," Oliver said. "You'd think they'd want to let people know what's going on, or at least get a really good story out."

He swallowed nervously. "So... when do we go through the portal?"

• Brohoof 1

"Not much of a story if there's nobody to see it." Jenna pointed out, she went with the assumption the military was stopping the press, so it was safe to assume that even if someone got through, they wouldn't be let to tell about it.

"We'll go when the way is clear, it seems they are starting to gather again, no luck with holes in the wall it seems, I wonder how they'll solve that." she got up "But I guess we could go see what we'll take with us." she moved to go back inside from the roof.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged and looked around again, unsure what else to say in response.

He got up and followed Jenna back inside. "I guess so. What do you think we'll need in there? Will our phones even work?"

• Brohoof 1

"Our phones don't exactly work here either at the moment if you remember, so it's not a big loss." Jenna pointed out "We'll take battery powered walkie-talkies in case we get separated, few cans of food and bottles of water just in case, and gas masks with few extra filters in case there's something in the air." "Those are probably the biggest things, there's of course other things too like a knife, pens and paper, things like that." 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess that makes sense," Oliver said, still frowning as he watched her while following her in. "I just wonder if we'll be enough to take on whatever's in there. Well, if I'm strong enough anyway, I know you are."

• Brohoof 1

"The hope is we won't need to take on anything, that's why we'll try to go unnoticed." Jenna said as she pulled out two backpacks, and started putting stuff from the boxes in there, she put things she had said in, among things like raincoats and other things one would back up when they went somewhere they didn't know the weather and such in, basically as she stated some time before, they would prepare for anything it was possible for them to prepare for. The walkie-talkies and gas masks she left outside the backpacks since they would need them from the start. "I don't like this either, but like I have said few times, we'll have to face this eventually, and I rather get that out of the way as quickly as possible." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and watched her pack the backpacks up with supplies. He didn't like this one bit, but she seemed confident enough about it.

"I guess, I just don't know why it has to be us to do it, y'know?"

• Brohoof 1

"Because nobody else came." Jenna said "It doesn't even really matter in the end if the sender of the letter truly hinted that we should do it or not, the military failed, and we and that one who avoids us are the only powered individuals who came here." "It's either us, or nobody, and as much as I hate the world sometimes, it's still better for it to not end." she didn't like the situation either as she had stated, and her explanation was to convince herself as much as it was to convince Oliver.

• Brohoof 1

"I just don't like how it's only two or three of us," Oliver said, looking down. "We're really outnumbered here. What if we get overrun or captured or something? We won't really be able to contact anyone back here, will we?"

• Brohoof 1

"Again, that's why we need to try stay hidden." Jenna pointed out "You are right, there will be no calls for help, not that anyone would come even if we did have a way to contact someone, you saw what happened to the military." "It's grim but there isn't any other choice, we are equally in danger by not going in there, the only question is, will we put ourselves in danger for the hope of making it, or will we just wait for our fates doing nothing." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. "I guess you're right, if you put it that way. It's better to at least try instead of sit around and wait for the end of the world or something. We might as well try to stop all this."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna finished with the backpacks and put them close to the door "Let's see if they have figured out the wall." she then said, heading back on the roof. They had indeed figured out how to get past the wall, as they had gotten themselves bunch of long ladders to get over the wall, the unknown individual was trying to deal with the ladders but gave up as there was simply too many in too many places. The horde started to climb over the wall and spread out in every direction, the long drop they had to go past due to having to jump, or rather, fall from the top of the wall to get down, didn't seem to slow them down too much, though interestingly enough, few individuals seemed to stop moving after hitting the ground, indicating that they were able to die.  

• Brohoof 1