Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver followed Jenna back up to the roof, and swallowed nervously when he saw they had figured out how to pass the wall. He noticed how some of them would collapse after falling down the wall.

"Okay, so now we know they can be killed," he muttered.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, we just need to figure out what exactly it is that finishes the deal." Jenna said while looking at the situation thoughtfully "They have been shot, exploded, crushed, dropped from high place, and still it's a fraction that actually stopped moving." 

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe some of them are superpowered or something?" Oliver suggested with a shrug. "Like maybe there are elite ones that can take more of a beating before they're knocked down? Might be captains or something."

• Brohoof 1

"If that was the case, there would be quite a lot of them, considering most of them survived everything." Jenna pointed out "Though there may still be some like that, it just isn't necessarily related to those who didn't make it." "My guess it that they have certain place in their bodies that controls them, if we are to assume they are undead, there's something unnatural allowing them to move, since body doesn't function naturally without the vital things like blood flow. " "And since individuals can stop moving, it is likely that the source of movement is in each individual rather than somewhere outside."

• Brohoof 1

"Well either way, someone planned this attack," Oliver pointed out. "And I guess we have to go and stop them in their world? I don't think they'd come over here until their army has made it safe for them."

• Brohoof 1

"If we can't stop whoever is behind this personally, we do at least have to try to stop them from coming here." Jenna agreed "And we can't know if who or whatever is in lead ever comes to this side, we don't know how they communicate, it could be the commander is directly linked to these things." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, still looking a bit nervous about the situation. "So no matter what happens, we need to stop those portals from appearing. I just hope that doesn't stop us from getting back to our own world."

• Brohoof 1

"We have to see what we are facing before any concrete decisions, that's why I said we need to try to stop them, as much as I want to end this, I won't willingly sacrifice myself, and while that may be bit selfish, there's also a practical reason, if we find a solution to this but don't make it back to tell about it, what happens if this happens again?" 

• Brohoof 1

"I don't want you to sacrifice yourself at all," Oliver pointed out, frowning at the thought. "And yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. What if we don't make it back? What if we're stuck there with no way to get home?"

• Brohoof 1

"As long as we think before we act, that shouldn't happen." Jenna stated "Though ending up on the other side of the planet is a real risk, I doubt they have labelled the portals in there." that of course depended on how the portals worked really, if they were here and there randomly or if there was a some kind of central hub where all of them were, in the former case it would be easier to find the right one assuming there was some kind of infrastructure or natural formations to help navigating. 

Oliver nodded, swallowing nervously. "Yeah, but if there's a way to create these portals, hopefully there's someone there who can help us get back here. Whoever's causing all this can't be the only one who knows how to do it... right?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'm not optimistic about that." Jenna admitted, "If what we have seen, felt and sensed is anything to go by, I find it unlikely there's anyone even close to friendly in there." It was unpleasant thought, but realistically speaking, it was probably the truth. 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess, but we can't rule it out," Oliver pointed out. "There can't be only bad people wherever that is, after all. There's good people here as well as bad people, right? So there has to be some kind of balance."

• Brohoof 1

"Assuming they are people." Jenna pointed out "As far as we know, these things we see were actually originally humans from earth that got somehow taken and turned into those." "We have no idea what we are going to find, human morality is only true here, with humans." 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess so," Oliver murmured, looking down nervously. "I just don't like not knowng what's going to happen. I don't want us to get stuck over there either. Whatever's over there, I get the feeling I don't wanna stay."

• Brohoof 1

"No point in making any judgement before we see what's in there." Jenna stated "As far as we know, we need to turn around right away and abandon the plan, if the feeling on the air surrounding the portal's area earlier is anything to go by, it may be it's so awful that we must turn back." that was also a realistic potential, they could also just immediately die after entering the portal, a grim thought, but possible

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed and nodded. He almost hoped it would be the case that they wouldn't have to stay for long. "Yeah, we don't know if we can even survive over in wherever they're coming from. What if there's no air or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"If there is no air, that would be one of the situations where we would need to turn back, though there must be some kind of atmosphere, since if there wasn't, surely there would be constant flow of air in the portal trying to equalize the pressure difference." Jenna said thoughtfully "But if that atmosphere is breathable is another question altogether." "It could also be that it's dangerously radioactive in there for example, the military did get some kind of readings of something when the portal appeared after all." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, so maybe it's too dangerous for us to go in there," Oliver said, desperately hoping for that to be the case. "It'd take longer to figure out a way to stop all this but at least we'll be a bit safer."

• Brohoof 1

"There's only one way to find out." Jenna concluded, watching as the back end of the army of things was finally visible, it wouldn't be too much longer until they could head to the portal "We can guess and wonder all day but only way to know the truth is to go and see." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah," Oliver said, taking a deep breath. "I'm not gonna make you go in there alone. I'm just nervous, that's all."

He swallowed and stood up, carrying a backpack on him. "I guess I'm ready if you are."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna sighed fixing the positioning of her backpack "Let's go down, when they are a small distance away from us, we'll exit and head towards the wall." she then said, making her way down from the roof again, eventually stopping next to the door and making a small hole just big enough to see through next to it, she then looked outside from it, holding her hand up towards Oliver in the 'wait' gesture. The sound of footsteps and rattle of metal armor could be heard from outside as the sea of whatever-they-were went past the building.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and followed Jenna downstairs from the roof. He waited just as she instructed, and he heard the rattling of heavy armour from outside. He swallowed, wondering what just could be out there.

• Brohoof 1

It would take some minutes but eventually the sound grew distant, indicating the crowd's end went past "It looks like medieval reenactment where nobody was told what time period or nation you were supposed to dress as." Jenna stated as she backed away from the hole "That and the equipment is more damaged and dirtier, definitely something weird going on with them." she then made the door openable with her powers and carefully opened it, as the noise of the metal faded, it suddenly became eerily quiet, even with normal human hearing it was clear there was nothing living around, and the almost unnatural lack of wind meant that even the rustle of plants wasn't audible. "I guess this is what they mean with deafening silence, I certainly don't like this." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver bit his lip as he waited with Jenna. He didn't like the complete silence either. It made him feel like something was going to jump out and attack any moment.

"I'll see if I can smell anything," he whispered, starting to sniff the air.

• Brohoof 1