Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Only smells were the faint scent of blood and gunpowder coming from the walled area, on the spot where the group had went past was also unusually strong smell of moss and mold, but nothing that would indicate any kind of living creature. Jenna waited for Oliver to come fully out before silently closing the door after them, she had never realized just how loud the city was before this, this made her slightly curious about something, and she picked up a rock and started changing it with her powers, and lo and behold, it made a very faint crumbling noise as it moved, Jenna dropped it almost looking disgusted "Yeah, don't like that." she preferred it when she couldn't hear it.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver slowly followed Jenna outside and frowned as he used her powers, not bearing good news. "Yeah, things are way too quiet now. And I don't like these smells either. They don't belong here, not as strongly as this."

• Brohoof 1

"I only smell the burned gunpowder from the guns." Jenna said "Very faintly." usually it probably wouldn't have smelled like this, even with how much there had been shot, but because there wasn't any real airflow in any direction, the smell kinda just lingered there "...Let's go." her discomfort could be heard from her voice as she'd lead them around the building towards the wall, she moved carefully and slowly, just in case some of the things were still around. She looked at the route that the horde had taken, in some parts it was quite obvious as it had gone over grass or other plantlife and thus flattened it, but there was something missing "Not a single drop of blood anywhere, certainly there has to be at least few that were injured?" they hadn't even brought with them any of the soldier blood from inside the walls, which by itself was quite a feat.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver followed Jenna around the building, moving slowly and carefully while keeping alert for any possible ambushes. At her comment, he smelled the air.

"Now that you mention it," he said, "I don't smell any blood either."

• Brohoof 1

"That's not a good sign, there's a reason why the saying 'if it bleeds it can be killed' exists." Jenna stated as she made her way forward, she was slightly wondering where that third person disappeared, they hadn't seen them since they failed at stopping the things from climbing over the wall, the small pile of bodies of the attackers next to the wall came to view, though pile of metal would probably been more accurate since they all were wearing old armors "Though I guess beating them up until they stop moving is a possibility." she tried to be slightly humorous about it, but it didn't really work. "Now we just need to figure out why they stopped moving." 

• Brohoof 1

"And that's just a tiny fraction from those that made it." Jenna stated as she picked up a rock and threw it at the pile to make sure nothing was moving, she waited until total silence before doing anything else. She gestured Oliver to stay put as she got bit closer to the pile, she then put her hand against the ground and using her power removed a helmet from one of the bodies, and under it was...a human head, be it very dry and partly rotten human head, surprisingly enough it didn't smell. There was also some mold and moss on it, explaining that smell. Jenna looked away "okay, yeah, that's a person...or at least was." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver waited right there as Jenna instructed, watching her approach the pile. He swallowed at the human head, looking away from it.

"Oh, I didn't need to see that," he groaned, swallowing. "The smell alone is horrible enough..."

• Brohoof 1

"Honestly I'm surprised they don't smell worse, sure mold doesn't smell good but it's not rotting flesh." Jenna continued using her power without looking at them, wrapping the material she was controlling around them to feel their shape, she needed to figure out what killed them after all "But I think this confirms the undead theory, as unbelievable as it is." she moved from body to body but didn't remove any more helmets, just moving the material in from between the armor pieces. She was taking this surprisingly well, but it wasn't hard to tell from her face that she wasn't enjoying this. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept watching, still disturbed by the scene. He didn't want to be there any longer than he had to.

"So, uh, did you find out how they... um... died?" he murmured the last word, not really wanting to hear her answer.

• Brohoof 1

"Dying may be a wrong word, there's no way these things were alive in the first place." Jenna muttered "They're all so damaged, though only constant is head trauma." she covered the whole pile with ground, hiding it from view "So I guess we can officially call them zombies, without the brain eating part, hopefully." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I hope," Oliver muttered, swallowing. The last thing he wanted was a zombie eating his brain. "So what should we do about them? Well, I figure you can use your powers to hit them with concrete or something."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, happy to agree with that idea. "Yeah, the less fighting we have to do, the better. So what should we do now? Do we wait for another portal to appear and jump in? Or should we find someone or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"I mean, the portal is still open, it never closed." Jenna pointed out "It is eerily quiet though, especially considering how loud the bang was when it appeared." They didn't see the portal at the moment because they were next to the wall on the wrong side, but the darkness above them told of it still being open. Jenna looked at the wall "I'm honestly glad it's so dark, I don't know if I could handle the view inside in full light." there would be lot of death in there, , and since the undead things were wielding medieval weapons, the bodies of the countless soldiers would most likely not be pleasant to look at. She put her hand against the wall "Take a deep breath and get ready, this wall is where safety ends and unknown begins." she herself took deep breaths and readied herself, waiting for Oliver to get mentally ready.

Oliver took a deep breath. Honestly, he didn't think he'd ever be ready for this, but he had to go in. He couldn't just let Jenna go alone.

"I-I'm ready, I think," he muttered, trying to look brave for her.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna took a one more deep breath before the wall started moving, creating a person sized hole to the side. With the hole came the smell, smell of blood, death and gunpowder mostly, among some other unpleasant smells, it was strong enough for even normal human smell to get overwhelmed, in fact, Jenna could taste it in her mouth. She leaned on the wall and started coughing and gacking, fighting the urge to let her meal out as she made her way away from the hole to get fresh air. After cursing a bit she would half say half mutter "I think it's time to put the masks on, that can't be healthy to breathe." after which she would take out her gas mask. 

• Brohoof 1

The mask wasn't a miracle tool, and didn't keep the smell away entirely, but it kept it in control enough to not to activate the gag reflex immediately, though they would need to move quick or they would start feeling quite ill, as the smell was still awful. Jenna grabbed Oliver's hand and pulled him after herself as they would make their way through the dark and quiet city, while it was too dark to see any real details on anything, it wasn't hard to tell where the bodies were, since human sized lumps on the otherwise flat road were quite obvious, and while Jenna did her best to avoid them, they would need to walk pretty close from some of them, and Jenna could feel as she stepped on something wet that she rather didn't think about what it may be.

Jenna kept repeating "Don't look at the ground, don't look at the ground..." in whispering voice as they walked towards the portal, it was a good point to stare at, because while it was very dark around them, somehow the portal was blacker than darkness. She wouldn't stop until they were only few tens of meters from the portal.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver allowed Jenna to lead him through the streets. Despite the mask, the smell was strong enough for him to make him feel like throwing up. He didn't look down at the ground, in fact he kept his eyes tightly shut as he followed.

• Brohoof 1

Luckily Jenna knew this part of the city pretty well, so even in darkness she was able to navigate without any real problem. As they stopped, Jenna finally looked around, being this close, there wasn't much to see, just rubble from what used to be their school and slightly bigger human shaped piles, these were the hazmat suit wearing people from before the portal's appearance, and due to being encased inside full-body suits, it wasn't really that bad considering everything, the smell also seemed to be getting better, most likely due to the warzone being behind them and there being a slight flow of air away from the portal. 

Jenna leaned down and picked up something from next to one of the hazmat suits, it was one of those devices the army had used to measure something, she started to fiddle with it to see if it still worked. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver quietly followed after Jenna, trying his best not to look at the piles of bodies. Just the smell was bad enough but the sight of it was probably enough to make him throw up.

He waited as Jenna tried to get the device to work.

• Brohoof 1

After few good hits the device came to life, though it took few more moments for Jenna get it to operate correctly, she had a general idea how to use something like this, but she had never actually used one so it took a moment to figure out what did what, especially since it was too dark to see any of the text that was on the device. It started beeping, letting out a beep about every 10 seconds, Jenna moved it around, and it got faster as she brought it closer to the body she had gotten it from, and again slowed down when she pulled it away, she then moved it towards the portal and nothing happened "Good news, we're not gonna die of whatever they were measuring for, bad news, touching the hazmats is not healthy, so better stay away from them." she shut the device down and put her hand on Oliver's shoulder, looking at the portal "Ready to jump into unknown?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodding, feeling a little relieved. It was good that there wasn't any immediate danger, but it wasn't like he was going to touch those bodies anyway.

He swallowed at Jenna's question. "Not a bit," he said honestly, "but we still have to do it, so..."

• Brohoof 1

"Me neither" Jenna admitted, taking Oliver's hand again "But like you said, there's no turning back now." she pulled Oliver next to herself and put her hand from behind him, telling him to do the same thing so that they would be holding on each other as tightly as possible while still facing the same direction, just in case there was risk of getting lost "Here goes nothing." she would then start moving, making sure they would be side to side as they stepped in.

On the other side it was equally dark, though they wouldn't have much time to look around, as there was instant drop, nothing too bad, but deep enough to cause one to fall over.

• Brohoof 1