Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver kept as close to Jenna as possible as they approached the portal. He certainly didn't want to be separated from her anyway.

The two stepped through, Oliver stumbling at the slight drop before quickly adjusting himself.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't know what she had expected, but it hadn't been this, in front of them was their school, but it looked like it had been abandoned for centuries, while also being mostly intact, there was plant-life all over it, but it was all dead and dried up, and this was the view all around them, familiar buildings, but old and abandoned, and some of them looking bit off, being made from different material or such, though at least few of those were buildings Jenna knew had been renovated at some point in their world, so the 'offness' was because they were in their original shape rather than the modern one they knew. 

Jenna as the first thing tested the air with her powers "The air seems breathable, be it unnaturally still..." she took the device and started it up again, it didn't indicate danger "...seems we are fine." she then took off her gas mask and took a deep breath "It smells...humid." the smell was similar to after-rain smell, but with bit of an moldy hint to it, it wasn't a bad smell, just a weird one.

The portal itself didn't seem to have any kind of structure keeping it open, but there was a kind of beam like thing going away from it to a direction, implying it was being projected from somewhere else.

Jenna looked around, suddenly spurting something that Oliver probably didn't expect from her "What the **** is this." her calm and calculative act dropped as she was simply too baffled about what she was seeing. "Some kind of a mirror world?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was just as perplexed at what he saw. The school looked like it hadn't been used in a long time. As did the other buildings around them.

He was surprised at Jenna's choice of... colourful language, and then removed his own mask. He winced at the stale air. "What is this place...?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna seemingly realized her little break in character too and looked slightly embarrassed, but only slightly, since there was quite the bigger things to worry about. While she wasn't acting anything per say, swearing was something she actively tried to avoid, as she used to be quite the foul-mouth, and tried to learn away from it, she had been mostly successful, but it still slipped in situations like this. 

She took few deep breaths and walked closer to the school building and touched the wall "Modern buildings, medieval walking corpses, dead plants?" how were they able to breathe? there wasn't any living plant in view, not that they could see that far, or at least she couldn't, having only human vision. She suddenly shuddered "Nothing feel right." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept following Jenna, frowning as he looked around. It wasn't the sights that upset him so much as the scents. Everything smelled so stale and unalive.

"II don't like it either," he murmured.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna held her hand on the school's wall, using her powers but not reshaping anything "This wall for example, it is what it looks like, but it feels....wrong, I can't put my finger on it but something just isn't right about it." she pulled her hand away "The same with the air and the ground." she looked towards the main entrance of the school's building "I wonder how far the similarities go, you want to explore the school?" "Maybe it has answers, it has a library after all, or at least our school had, which it looks very much alike."  

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed as he watched Jenna investigate. He had no idea what to make of any of this, and the stale smells around him didn't help to ease his discomfort at all.

"I don't know if I want to," he admitted. "Who knows what we're going to find in there..."

• Brohoof 1

"Probably nothing we wouldn't find out here too." Jenna pointed out, she didn't want to drag Oliver anywhere he really didn't want to go to, so instead she tried to convince him by talking, and if nothing else, he may say something she hadn't even thought about "We need to come up with a game plan, whatever is holding that portal open is some distance away, so we need to think how to get there." "And I'd say it would probably be good to go inside a building to plan, since we can't know if something will come back through that portal ." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, still nervously looking around. He wasn't sure about anything to do with this place.

"Yeah, but how far away is it?" he asked. "In fact, where is it at all? Hopefully it's not in another city or something."

• Brohoof 1

"That's exactly why we need a plan." Jenna pointed out "We have no way of telling how far it is, we know only the direction." "It would probably help to get to a higher place, like a roof, since that way there could be a way to see if it's relatively close or if it goes beyond the horizon." 

• Brohoof 1

"There's only one way to find out." Jenna walked to the main entrance of the school, the door was locked, which was surprising, considering the shape of the building "Though if it's different, I can always just make a way up." she used her powers to open the lock, the door was slightly stuck, having rust in several places, but she managed to pull it open without breaking anything, she'd close it behind them when they both got inside "This is...uncanny." the hallway they were in was very familiar, it looked like their school, be it more dusty and dirty, like to be expected from a building not being used for years, though everything was just a bit off, she couldn't put her finger on it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver slipped in through the door after Jenna opened it, and took a look for himself down the hallway. He too could feel something 'off' about it, but he wasn't sure what.

"It smells so lifeless," he said, frowning. "All musty and stale..."

• Brohoof 1

"it's also so...still" Jenna said as continuation to Oliver "Everything, the air, the walls, the floor, it all feels....more inanimate than usual." she kicked up bit of dust, it acted like dust should, as they walked, their footsteps echoed in the empty hallways, there was no bags or any other such things, in fact, besides the dust and dirt caused by time, everything was quite clean "Whatever happened here wasn't sudden, it looks like the school was closed at some point and just never opened again, maybe it was during a break or weekend, don't think they'd bother to clean up if they weren't planning to open it again." all doors were closed and locked, furniture was neatly on the sides, all the clocks had stopped, be it in different times, it was safe to assume they had just ran out of batteries eventually. "I wonder." she went towards the girls' locker room, she was curious about something, something she hoped the answer was no to.

• Brohoof 1

"I hope so," Oliver muttered, keeping close to Jenna as they walked. "At least it would mean nobody was hurt here."

He coughed at some dust going into his face, and watched as Jenna entered the girls' locker room. Naturally, he thought it would be rude for a boy to walk in, so he hesitated to follow.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna rolled her eyes and smiled, then grabbing Oliver and gently pulling him with her "We are the only ones here, there's no point in worrying about gender." even if they weren't, in this situation, it was more important to stay together than follow any social etiquette. "And it's not like I'm going to change clothes here or something, I'm only checking something." she made her way towards a certain line of lockers, pulling Oliver with her the whole time, it was eery how identical this place was, she stopped in front of a locked locker, it had a combination lock, it was rusted like everything else, but it was still visible that it used to be black in color "This is getting worse and worse, that's my lock." she reached to it and started putting in a combination, it was bit stuck, but she managed to fix it a bit with her powers, and after a moment *click* the lock opened, Jenna backed away with mixed expression "What in the..." she stopped herself from cursing "...it was the same... how.." this was what she came to test, and she didn't like that she was right. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed as Jenna dragged him into the changing room, both out of being in the girls' one and out of Jenna having to lead him inside on top of that. He watched as she put in her locker combination and looked just as nervous as she did.

"Do you think there's anything inside...?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, if the eery similarity continues, there should be a set of black sportswear and pair of cheap earbuds." Jenna stated "I just don't know if I want to check." she did check anyways, opening the door after moment of hesitation, and inside was what she had just said there would be, well, kinda, there was set of moldy clothing, but if it was sportswear or black was anyone's guess, since all of it was covered in mold, and Jenna at least wasn't interested in touching it. There was also something on a roll in there, maybe a pair of earbuds, but again, Jenna rather didn't touch the mold that had taken over the locker. "I just don't understand, how is everything so identical yet different? I..." she looked at Oliver "Is there anything you usually leave...or left, to the school for weekends?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Um, I dunno," Oliver muttered, rubbing behind his head. "Some books and stuff in my locker, I guess?"

It was hard to tell over the mold, but he could make out a scent over the locker's contents. "Could this mean there's another you somewhere?"

• Brohoof 1

"Or was, I don't think there's anyone here anymore." Jenna said "Or maybe not, this is all so weird, the time periods just don't match here, even ignoring the medieval armors and weapons, even here, look there." she pointed towards one of the other locker lines, they were different color than the one where Jenna's locker was "In our school, those are, or well, were, the same color as these, but not only that, I've seen old pictures of the school from twenty or so years back, and that's the color they used to be before these new lockers." "Let's go see your locker, let's check if it's identical too, or if it even exists." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned, not liking the sound of any of this. Mainly because he didn't understand it at all. Where, or when, had they ended up?

He nodded and led Jenna toward his own locker in the boys' room.

• Brohoof 1

Being bothered about it now, Jenna paid extra attention to her surroundings, and indeed, when really looking at the details past the mold, the inconsistencies in time were everywhere, be it different parts of walls having aged differently, different clocks being different aged models, things like that. They would be able to find Oliver's locker, be it more rusty than usual, like everything there, and the insides would match whatever Oliver used to keep there, be it lot more moldy. As to be expected, Jenna didn't really have any hesitation to follow Oliver into the room, reasoning being what she already stated before, there was nobody there. 

It seemed at this point that anything that usually would rot, decay or otherwise naturally decompose through biological means, like paper and cloth, hadn't done so, and was instead taken over by the weird mold, strengthening the implication brought up by the dead, dried up plants outside that in this place, everything besides the mold was dead, including things like the microscopic life that usually caused things to decompose.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver opened his locker and saw what he usually kept in there, all the same way he'd leave it, but covered in and reeking of stale mold. He felt a lump in his throat, unable to look away.

"I don't understand," he murmured. "This is my locker and my stuff, but..."

• Brohoof 1

"There's something very weird going on." Jenna stated, walking to another locker and using her powers to forcefully open it, she seemed oddly...familiar with the location of that locker "I looked around bit more closely as we walked here, there's lot of...inconsistencies, time isn't correct here, it's not only big things like lockers from decades apart..." as she spoke, she pulled something out of the moldy locker she had opened and started ripping it apart, it was something flat like paper laminated in plastic, she used her powers to be able to rip the plastic too "...even the walls look like parts of them have been build longer ago than other parts..." she seemed slightly pissed as she ripped the thing apart, though it was clear it had nothing to did with what she was talking about "...though I don't have any explanation for it yet, we have to see more of this place for any theories." she dropped the pieces on the floor, trying to play it out as casually as possible to avoid questions from Oliver regarding it, though she knew she probably couldn't avoid them "The darkness is also weird, I don't know if you noticed since you can see better in the dark than I can, but the darkness didn't change, we are in almost windowless room without lights, yet it's just as bright as outside." Bright was probably the wrong term, since it was very much not bright in any stretch of the word.

Speaking of better eyes though, if Oliver was to look at the pieces Jenna had dropped, he could probably see one of the pieces that was upright had Jenna's face on it, or well part of it, it was piece of a picture and the exact position of that piece was Jenna's upper chest, thus visible was the lower part of her face down to about halfway of her chest area, her outfit seemed to be bit unusual for her in it, or well, what was visible, the color was black as expected, but it seemed more revealing than anything she had worn since she and Oliver met, not that there was lot visible in the tiny piece of the picture.

Jenna proceeded to walk to the nearest light switch and flip it, it actually worked, though the amount of light was minuscule, as only one light in the whole room lit up, that being a shower's light, and even it was so faint that it was probably gonna die soon too, though it was certainly a surprise there was power. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked down at the photo and frowned. That certainly looked similar to Jenna, but what was with that outfit? He wasn't sure whether or not to ask, but one look at Jenna's demeanour at the moment told him to keep it to himself.

"It is really bright in here," he decided to say instead.

• Brohoof 1