Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"It's relative'" Jenna stated, turning off the light, she had gotten used to the darkness at this point, not that a single light in a random shower would help much anyway, besides, they didn't know how alone they really were here, and she didn't want to bring attention to them. "But it is less dark than it should." she next walked to nearest faucet and opened it, water came out, but it was metallic and stale in both look and smell, like water that has been sitting in place in the pipes for who knows how long, she closed the tab. "There's power and water, which is odd, since I doubt there's any power plants  or water facilities with people in them."  

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's water crinkled at the almost 'stale' smell of the water. "That is weird. Maybe the plants were left turned on?"

He swallowed as another thought came to him. "Or maybe we're not alone around here...?"

• Brohoof 1

"Either option really only raises questions." Jenna mentioned "First one, which is more likely from the two in my opinion since there are backup systems for water and some of the power is things like wind power, raises questions about the timeline, how long exactly has it been? those things can't go on forever." there was also the question of what exactly happened, since them being left on would imply the same as the school's state had implied, whatever happened was a surprise "The second option brings the question, why send the power and water here, it's clear it's not used around here, there was no light outside and the water seems like it hasn't moved in years. "Though it's probably true we're not entirely alone either, I doubt the things we saw were the only existing inhabitants of this place." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, there must be a reason this place still has power," Oliver agreed, looking around. "Surely someone would notice and turn it off, right? So there must be something else going on here... like maybe someone's using this place for something?"

• Brohoof 1

"That's again if there is anyone who would care." Jenna remarked as she was starting to leave the room, they came into the school to go to the roof, so they should probably start heading there "There's a third option, that being, there is no logical explanation, this place isn't exactly normal and natural." 

• Brohoof 1

"It sure doesn't feel normal and natural," Oliver remarked, swallowing as he followed Jenna up to the roof. "So far, nothing about this place makes any sense. I don't wanna be here any longer than I have to."

• Brohoof 1

"Neither do I." Jenna responded, leading the way, she knew exactly how to get on the roof in their school, and to nobody's surprise at this point, the way was the same here, though it would take a minute to get there, because they were at the wrong end of the building "It bothers me just how similar the things that are the same really are, even that f......" she stopped herself "...that photo, was identical."  

• Brohoof 1

Oliver followed Jenna up to the roof, the same way up as always. He nodded at what she was saying, feeling as anxious as her. "Yeah, everything's the same but also different. It doesn't make any sense at all."

• Brohoof 1

"And what is that weird mold that grows everywhere?" Jenna added "It looks, smells and feels like mold, but it doesn't seem toxic, only thing in the air is the dust that covers everything." it was quite eery to walk in the empty and dark school, where the only sound was their footsteps and voices echoing in the empty building "I don't really know which would be better, there to be a logical explanation or this all being some supernatural oddity, both options have terrifying implications." 

• Brohoof 1

"Mold is all I can smell," Oliver frowned, rubbing his nose. His strong sense of smell was sometimes a curse. "I hope there's some kind of explanation, because I have no idea what's going on and I don't like it."

• Brohoof 1

"There's always some kind explanation, if we find that explanation however, that is a different thing altogether." Jenna said as they arrived to a stairwell, it was locked, but locks didn't stop Jenna "I just got an idea, since there's power, we could see if there's any radio signals in here." 

• Brohoof 1

"I wish I could sniff out explanations," Oliver sighed, following Jenna to the stairwell. He listened to her idea and nodded. "Sure, good idea. Can I do anything to help as well?" He was eager to show he could be helpful in this place.

• Brohoof 1

"I need your senses." Jenna stated "I can barely see anything in here and you can hear and smell things far better than I can." she smiled at him "I need you to protect me." it was weird to her to rely on someone, but what she said was the truth, without Oliver she would be out of luck in this place, because as much as she was used to the darkness at this point, any threats that may exist would be dangerously close before she could spot them. 

Oliver supposed it was hard to argue he had good senses, but he blushed upon hearing Jenna wanted him to protect her.

"Really?" he asked. "I mean, you seem so capable on your own, I didn't think you'd need protecting."

• Brohoof 1

"No amount of skill or powers will help if I can't spot the threat." Jenna pointed out, she slowed down so that she was walking next to Oliver instead of in front of him "And even if in the end there really isn't anything dangerous in here, you make me feel safe in this scary darkness." she then gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's face blushed bright red from the kiss. Of all the things he expected from Jenna, that certainly wasn't one of them.

"Oh, uh...well I'm glad I make you feel more comfortable...?" he muttered, unsure of what to say.

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry if that was bit too much." Jenna said awkwardly, rubbing her neck "I just felt you deserved it...I know I have kinda, stolen the show so to speak, and I just want you to know how much you being here truly means to me, I couldn't do this alone." it was her turn to blush "And...well, to be honest, I kinda just wanted to kiss you." scared or not, she liked Oliver, in fact, the added stress made those feelings only stronger, and she kinda worried there wouldn't be this kind of calm situation for a while. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver couldn't deny he liked Jenna too. Not that he had the courage to say so, but he had a feeling she knew. He rubbed behind his head.

"Well, I couldn't let you handle this all on your own," he said, "even if you're strong enough to."

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't really a question if the feeling was mutual, after all, they had had their moment already, though the events after that had kinda overshadowed the memory. "It's not all about being strong." Jenna pointed out "The military was strong, you saw what happened." it was bit grim thing to bring up, but it was also true "I'm not the unbeatable tough girl I may seem like, don't understate your own importance." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver rubbed his arm. He couldn't deny she had a point. The military was really strong, and those things wiped them out so easily.

"Well, thanks," he muttered, smiling a little. "It feels good knowing you want me here."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna put her hand on Oliver's shoulder and patted it gently, "Now let's beat this weirdness, together." she smiled at him. As they had been constantly moving, be it slowly, they'd soon enough arrive behind the door to the roof, the door was rusted beyond opening, but luckily Jenna could just make a hole into it. 

The roof was exactly as one would expect at this point, a normal roof but with signs of decay, mold and dead plants. The air, while not exactly fresh, felt fresh compared inside the school. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at Jenna and smiled, feeling more confident now. "Right."

He followed her out onto the roof and looked around, his nose crinkling at the smell of mold and dead flora. "Smells better than inside, but still not good."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but at least we don't breath in fistful of dust with every breath." Jenna remarked, she didn't need good sense of smell to notice the low quality air, almost made her miss the smell of exhaust and garbage from home. "And I can tell you, it doesn't feel any better, more I use my powers here, more everything feels off." she took out a small battery powered radio and started going through frequencies, at first there was nothing, just radio noise as one would expect, then there was literally nothing, as the noise stopped like the radio had found a channel but there was no sound, just silence "That's...weird." 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess so," Oliver agreed, and he watched as Jenna fiddled with the radio. He tilted his head at the frequency that was pure silence. He wasn't an expert on radios, but he could tell something was off. "I wonder what that's meant to be?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'm not expert on these things, but from what I do know, I think it connected to something, it just doesn't send any sound for some reason." Jenna said thoughtfully, checking the frequency to see if it matched any she knew from home "It matches with one of those podcast channels, why is it sending signal if there's nothing to send?" she thought for a moment "Until it too has just been left on, which again raises more questions on when and what happened here." she got a mental image of a radio station with skeletons in place of speakers and staff, now that she thought about it, the lack of bodies of any human or animals was in a way concerning, granted they hadn't explored much yet, but it made her wonder if they would find any, they had already seen walking bodies after all, be it seemingly medieval bodies, which again raised only more questions. 

• Brohoof 1