Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver frowned at the implications of that. "People were just taken out...or they even vanished, maybe?" he wondered, swallowing. "If everything here is the same, then what's with all the knights and stuff? Did they come from somewhere else too?"

• Brohoof 1

"That is a good question" Jenna said, starting to go through frequencies again "Either it has something to do with the weirdness going on with time here, or they indeed are from somewhere else." "Or they just appeared with whatever happened here." "I think them being from somewhere else is the most terrifying option, because it would mean their arrival caused this, and now they are in our world." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver sat and brought his knees up to his face, worrying about the implications. "If they can do that to this world, what will happen now that they're in ours? What will happen to us if our world ends up like this?"

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly." Jenna said in almost sad tone "It's a grim thought." only thing that came up from the radio was silence now and then, more empty signals "But, I don't think that is the case." "Just...think about what we have seen, locked doors, clean hallways, things left on, there hasn't yet been any indication of any kind of attack happening here." "Where's the signs of panic? the remains of the military? the emergency broadcasts about getting to shelters?" "it's more likely that those out of time attackers were a result rather than a cause." 

• Brohoof 1

"Come to think of it, the school was pretty clean... in a sense," Oliver agreed, looking down at the building below them. "Though, it could be because those things just didn't attack the school. What about the rest of the city?"

• Brohoof 1

"As far as I can see from here, there isn't anything obvious." Oliver wouldn't be able to see much more, mainly because the school was far from the tallest building around "What we do know is that the portal, while in the exact same spot here, didn't appear in the same way, since this school is still standing, our school got pretty much vaporized when the portal opened." Jenna explained "But it's not just lack of destruction and military, there's also the radio silence, there's power, there's ongoing radio transmissions, yet no automated emergency broadcasts, no sound of alarm, nothing, not even a traffic jam." "It's like you said, it's almost like everyone just...vanished." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed at the thought of that. "What could cause everyone to just disappear like that? Will we even find who or what did it around here anymore?"

His heart lodged in his throat as a thought occurred. "What about our world then? Will everyone disappear there...?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged, turning off the radio as it was no use "I wish I had an answer but I don't." Fear was apparent in the voice, but she held it together surprisingly well "That's why it's probably best to not think about that too much before we learn something useful." "Speculating on the worst case scenarios will only eat up our motivation to try to end this." it was clear her confidence had left her a while ago now, but she tried to keep her head in the game. 

• Brohoof 1

"I suppose so," Oliver sighed, looking out over the horizon. He wasn't sure what to do, apart from try to stay optimistic. "Well, maybe we'll find whatever's doing this and stop it before that happens, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"That's the hope" Jenna said nodding "If nothing else, we'll try to close the portals if that's possible." they had limited time, after all, there was only so much food and water one could carry, but Jenna felt this was the only way, either they succeeded or died trying,

• Brohoof 1

Oliver took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, okay. We're here, we have to at least try. I really hope we can get back home, but we need to stop whatever's doing this."

He also secretly hoped they'd have a home to get back to by the time they were done.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna gestured Oliver to get back up "Or if not home directly, then at least the correct planet." she said as kind of a continuation to Oliver's hope, they didn't know how far they had to go, it could be there was other portals closer to allow them flee to some other part of their world if things went bad "Let's go, we don't know how far our destination is, the direction seems to be towards my apartment from here, we can stop there to see if there's anything we can use." "If it exists here in the first place of course" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and stood back up. "Yeah, hopefully there's something there they can help us."

As he followed Jenna, he realised he'd never been to her apartment before. "What's your place like? Is it nice?"

• Brohoof 1

"If nothing else, it works as another point of comparison." Jenna noted "And if it is the home of another me, I'd imagine I would have written some notes down about what's going on." "Or at least saved some newspapers." considering that the stuff in the lockers matched what she knew, if there was really another her and it wasn't just some weird mirroring effect, it seemed she had made very similar decisions, so it was reasonable to assume she was like...well, her. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and followed Jenna down the steps. He was starting to get curious to see what this other Jenna's apartment was like. Then a thought came to him.

"Do you think we'll run into the other you?" he asked. "Or even the other me?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"I doubt it." Jenna responded thoughtfully "We haven't seen a single living creature, and the only living things is mold, so it is unlikely there's any humans here, us or anyone else." "I was considering the horrifying idea that we may find my body, but then I realized that we haven't seen any dead creatures either, only dead plants and undead....things." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at Jenna's answer, not liking the idea of there being no people left. Then a thought made his heart skip a beat.

"Do you... do you think those undead things are people?" he asked quietly. "Or... were?"

• Brohoof 1

"They are humanoid." Jenna stated, her tone telling that she also didn't particularly like the thought "As grim of a thought as it is, I do think they were originally humans, or at least something very human like." "But if they were already dead when they became that...that is.... another question." the other option was quite horrifying.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver had an idea of what the other option was, and it made him swallow with terror. "I hope wherever these people are, they're okay... and not... well..." Jenna no doubt could catch onto what he was concerned about.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna just nodded slowly, she didn't think anyone was okay in here, but she did hope they had died or otherwise went painlessly instead of the alternatives. "Now that those things came up again, it is curious we haven't seen any of them on this side." she then stated, trying to move the conversation to slightly less grim topic, be it still unpleasant "One would think there would be at least few of them here guarding the portals or something, but it's almost like we are truly alone in here." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I wonder why?" Oliver said. "You'd think they'd at least leave a few behind to make sure things were okay over here."

He frowned and looked around. "Do they have anything here they'd need to protect?"

• Brohoof 1

"I would assume whatever is keeping the portal open needs protection." Jenna said thoughtfully "And even if for some reason they feel that is not the case, on would think they would want to assure nobody would get away from them by coming here." "That is of course assuming there is any intelligence behind this though, and it's not just a mindless horde, but if it is mindless, then what's with the portals?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, someone must be controlling them if they're making portals," Oliver agreed. "So maybe they left someone behind to guard them as well? But then, there was no one there when we first arrived, so who knows?"

• Brohoof 1

"This whole thing doesn't really make sense." Jenna stated as they made their way towards the main door, "Like, even outside everything relating to this place, how did our militaries know about this in advance? I can almost understand the letter we got, since someone having the ability to tell the future as their 'special power' isn't that far fetched at this point, but I don't think that alone would lead to every military in the world forgetting war and focusing on preparing for this." she let out a sigh as she stepped outside "Let's hope my apartment explains something."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and followed Jenna outside. He hadn't thought about how the military had known about all this in advance. "Maybe they have people with powers who let them know it would happen? Maybe that's where the note came from?"

• Brohoof 1