Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"It's not like we have looked much in the first place, but this is my apartment, so if the inhabitant was anything like me, I know few places" "And there's no much 'finding' the food when they are in our backpacks, but now that you mention it, you could look into the kitchen if there's anything left from this Jenna's backup, and if it's still edible, would give us more time if we could keep our supply untouched." she didn't move anywhere herself yet, still waiting for the medicine to kick in. 

• Brohoof 1

"I'll have a look then," said Oliver, and he got off the couch. He went into the kitchen and started smelling the air for any food left behind by this other Jenna. He hoped she left something, wherever she was.

• Brohoof 1

There was nothing to smell beyond dust, which was arguably good when talking about food that has potentially been around for years, since strong smell would imply it being gone bad, but if Oliver would look into cabinets and such, there would a bit of something. The most obvious one, the fridge, would be a dead end, as while there was something in there, whatever it was wasn't recognizable as food, as it had basically mummified, but luckily it didn't smell, and like with rest of the apartment, there wasn't any of the weird mold.

In the cabinets there was remains of things like flour and cereal, things that in theory had endless lifespan if properly stored, but these weren't sealed, so while they didn't look anything special, they would probably be stale at best. There was however few cans of food, more specifically, a can of tomato soup and two cans of meat, and all of them seemed to be perfectly intact, though there was really only one way to know if they were actually edible.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at the stale scents, but he supposed it was better than smelling rotten food. He sighed when he found the fridge empty, but was hopeful when he found the canned foods. He took them in to show Jenna.

"I found something," he told her. "They should still be edible."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna rose her head enough to see "Tomato soup? Damn, things must have gotten bad for me to choose that." she joked, nothing wrong with tomato soup, just not her first choice when there was choice. "Well, that gives us one meal length of more time, though existence of still edible food does give the potential for us to find more somewhere else." It also somewhat comforted her to know that her local counterpart most likely didn't starve. "Probably better to cook them just in case, we can use furniture to make a fire since there's no power." she was still squinting her eyes as a reaction to the headache, but it was slowly going away "There should be pots and pans in the cabinets, doesn't matter if open flame ruins them, it's not like there's anyone else to use them." 

• Brohoof 1

"It was all I could find," Oliver admitted, handing her a can of soup. He frowned at the idea of a fire. "Is that safe? What if we set the whole place on fire? Unless we take the stuff outside to do it?"

• Brohoof 1

"We are surrounded by concrete, and while this was a shady area, the buildings are up to fire code." Jenna stated "Besides, open flame doesn't mean a huge bonfire, I can also use my powers to concentrate the air to make the flame hotter." "I suggest we use the soup to make a sauce for the meat, that way we don't need to start splitting a can of soup." 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess that makes sense," Oliver said, still rather nervous about the idea. "I just don't want to lose the one place I feel at least a little safe in around here."

He looked around the room again. "So, can I do anything to help with that?"

• Brohoof 1

"Get something we can cook things in, a pot or something, there should be some somewhere in the kitchen." Jenna said as she got up slowly but surely, she opened one of the windows and emptied a small space next to it, using her powers to make a small adjustments to make a safe spot for fire. She then took a chair and broke it into pieces, piling it into a campfire-like form, she also got some paper from the other room, and put them under the wooden chair pieces. She then finally lit the fire with a lighter she took from her pocket. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver went to the kitchen and grabbed some pots and pans from the cupboard. He hoped they weren't too dusty or dirty to use. He went back in and felt some fear seeing Jenna light a fire in the room. But he trusted her to know what she was doing.

"Here," he said, handing her the stuff.

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks." Jenna thanked, she looked into one of the pots thoughtfully, "Hold your breath for a second" after saying that, a cloud of dust flew out of the pot and of of the window "Bit of dust in there." she was generally positive in her tone, but it wasn't impossible to see that she still had a slight headache. She did a similar thing to one of the pans, after which she opened the cans using her powers, smelling them "Yep, smells perfectly edible." before putting the soup in the pot and the meat on the pan. "One more thing before you sit down, could you bring something we can stir these with from the kitchen?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver held his breath as requested, watching the dust fly off the pans. He was glad she was trying to feel better, but he could tell she was still in a bit of pain.

He went to the kitchen and grabbed a wooden spoon, then blew the dust off it as Jenna did before bringing it to her.

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks." Jenna thanked again "Sorry about making you run around like this, I'm not at my sharpest yet." she started stirring the soup a bit, she was quiet for a moment before speaking again "Something wrong with this place, my dreams were too specific for it to be a coincidence."

• Brohoof 1

"It's okay," Oliver assured her, giving her a smile. "I like helping."

He frowned at the mention of her specific dreams. He wasn't sure if he liked the sound of that. "What was it did you dreamt about?"

• Brohoof 1

"I rather keep the details to myself, but it was all too real." Jenna explained "Not in the 'it felt so real' way, but as in, tied to reality." "Memories I've learned to push away just replaying like it is happening all over again." "And unlike normal nightmares, it didn't wake me up, I were fully aware I were dreaming, but I couldn't do anything about it." "It was like being trapped in your own mind." she squirmed slightly in discomfort "Just uncomfortable all the way through." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned. He wasn't sure how to respond to such a dream that would make her feel better, but he had to try.

"Well, it was only a dream, right?" he tried, smiling. "It felt real, but it wasn't real after all."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, but that's not my point" Jenna said thoughtfully "Like I said, something wrong with this place, usually dreams, even those replaying a memory, aren't that clear, they have nonsense that makes no sense, things like places and people not related to those specific memories." "But not these ones, they were almost perfect, that shouldn't be a thing." "Not to mention that I couldn't wake myself up." as she spoke, she stirred the soup and the meat over the fire "How is it that this entire place feels like a dream with all the timeline breaking nonsense around us, yet actual dreams feel like real life due to having no weirdness going on?" "What if this place is affecting our minds? if it can affect one's dreams, how does it affect us when we are awake?"

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno," Oliver simply said. "Nothing about this place makes any sense. It must be some weird magic stuff going on."

It was the only explanation he could think of that would make any possible sense.

• Brohoof 1

"Magic is simply science we don't understand." Jenna said "Our powers are technically magic." "I'm just concerned, kinda scared actually, if something here messes with our heads, who knows what could happen." "The possibility raises worrisome questions, how much is real? can we trust our own eyes? And can this place use our own minds against us in any way?" 

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know, and I don't think I wanna know," Oliver said, frowning. "And what connection does this place have to those things that came out to our world? Are they from here, or did they do all this?"

• Brohoof 1

"Or the third option, they are not directly related but just happen to work together." Jenna added "We have assumed until now that the two are linked, as in, one of them caused the other, but what if that's not the case?" "What if they are just two things that happened to take place at the same time without hindering each other?" "It probably won't change anything however it is, but it is something I realized." she took the food off the fire and started to extinguish the fire with her powers "I'll need to read my doppelgangers journals to see if she figured anything out." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked up at her when she mentioned the journals. He already knew everything the other Jenna knew, but he didn't feel right admitting to looking while she was sleeping.

"You're gonna try it again?" he asked, taking some food for himself.

• Brohoof 1

"Not sure what you mean by 'again'." Jenna said as she too took a portion of food, not the best meal she had ever had, canned meat cooked in canned tomato soup, but food was food "Sure it was the plan from the start but I didn't exactly get to 'try' it due to the whole bedroom situation."  she shook a bit "Now I wonder if that was even real, though I don't know if I really want to know if it was or not....nor do I know which would be worse." 

• Brohoof 1

"That's what I mean," Oliver pointed out. "Are you going to try going in there again?"

He noticed she was still rather reluctant, and he wanted to try and be useful. "Maybe I could go in with you this time?"

• Brohoof 1

"There isn't really any real reason to go there outside curiosity." Jenna pointed out "Since this Jenna seems to be very similar to myself, there's no reason to think the bedroom has anything but clothes, I store all information about whatever I look up in the computer room." she ate a bit "Only reason why I went there in the first place was because of the unpleasant feeling I got, I wanted to see what was causing it, feeling that no longer exists." 

• Brohoof 1