Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Friendship is Witchcraft?

Unity

Eh. 

I don't think Friendship is Witchcraft is good at all, TBH.

Their attempts at "humor" are very immature & their stories are some of the most confusing things I've ever seen from this fandom. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Eh. 

I don't think Friendship is Witchcraft is good at all, TBH.

Their attempts at "humor" are very immature & their stories are some of the most confusing things I've ever seen from this fandom. 

I must be very immature than, because I absolutely loved the humor in MLP:FIW!

• Brohoof 3

I absolutely love the series. I've seen every episode multiple times save Horse Women. I totally agree that the humor is immature, but it's intelligently immature humor, the same reason why I love PONY.MOV so much. I love the biting satire, the songs, and how brutally dark it can get. I hope that they'll be able to give the series a revival some day.

1 hour ago, Unity said:

i absolutely love the songs but eh on the rest

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Some of the songs are great but the rest I can take or leave mood depending. 

It's a 50/50 for me, some of the funny parts didn't get to me, but some other jokes were great. ^_^ To me, it's more of a wannabe-dark-humour, but didn't entirely deliver the "dark". It's a good laugh though, some jokes completely catch me off guard and make me burst into laughter. I still really appreciate the Les Mis reference at the end of It'll Be OK. :P

• Brohoof 1

I still wondering how they manipulate the art shift style involving Twilight and Shining Armor which was originally just for a 30 second reprise into something longer and ridiculously silly.

Honestly... Abridged Series are dead. I was in one way back in the day, but that's like 2009-2011 Youtube, the only reason this one even took off at all was because it had MLP attached to it and the brony fandom blew up all at once. The series itself is... Pretty tryhard.

For an abridged series, I find it quite good. It was one of the first fan-made MLP works I've even seen, and it actually made me curious about the fandom. I'll always appreciate it for that. Of course, it may seem outdated now and its humor is not for everyone, but the songs are pretty cool and it started a number of memes, like "buy some apples!", "it's not creepy", Gypsy Pinkie Pie and, my personal favorite, Sweetie Bot.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Funny story I watched MLP parodies and laughed about MLP fans. I then watched friendship is witchcraft and watched all of them. I then after that looked up the MLP series netflix and watched an actual episode. Then I became hooked on MLP itself how did I become a brony over parody videos?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I don't recall watching it at all before, so I don't have any thoughts on it yet.

Watch it! It is 95% of the fan content right there! It has a character named "sweetie bot" which is Sweetie Belle with a funny robot voice! You will like it!

• Brohoof 2