Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If each of the Mane Six became into Grim Reapers, how would they behave?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

(edited)

Sometimes, I like to imagine Twilight Sparkle (especially her EqG form) as a villain, because since she is like the "leader" of the main characters, it would also be fun to imagine her as something like an "evil empress who brings death". One idea I had about her involves a fictional country treating her as if she were like the Grim Reaper (as she resembles a tyrannical death goddess in their mythology): either they freak out and run from her very appearance, pretend to be her to scare their friends, or cosplay as her because they just like folk dances or her beautiful dress.

So this idea leads to this question: "What if each member of the Mane Six became a Grim Reaper, appearing to those who are about to die?"

How would each of them behave, and what would they appear as (if anything other than wearing black robes)? And how would they greet the dying soul?

(Bonus: Try guessing also for Sunset, Trixie, and Starlight if you can! :D)

(Art by thattagen)

647922.png

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar
  • Brohoof 1

Personality-wise, I have no clue, since none of them really have the personality of a Grim Reaper-type character. There's a reason why Luna was the reaper-like ghost in A Hearth's Warming Tail rather than AJ, Pinkie, or any of the Mane 6. ^_^ However, if we're talking appearance...

Twilight would always be carrying around the Book of Life (or Death), Applejack would be cutting apples off trees with a scythe, Rarity would be decorated in an outfit of gems with souls encased inside of them, Pinkie would be floating off the ground, hanging by balloons with souls encased inside of them, Fluttershy would be surrounded by animal spirits, and Rainbow Dash would make ghosts appear beside her with lightning strikes.

• Brohoof 2

It's funny; I actually had an idea for a fanfic called "Fluttershy Dies At The Beginning" where Fluttershy becomes something like a grim reaper, although it doesn't look very grim to her.  The idea in my head was that she kissed the foreheads of living foals, fillies, and colts to draw their souls out of their bodies at their time of death, and then she'd have them follow her to Paradise.  And yes, she'd specialize in "reaping" children, being the gentle soul that she is (no pun intended).

• Brohoof 2

Twi- she's a clinical mortician about things, conversing with the dead as they're brought in, signing their lives away, freeing from their hollowed vessels and walking them down the hall to the gates of the afterlife. 

Pinkie- she leads the departed through the gates of the afterlife dressed up in Dia de Los Muertes paint, into a realm that's a non-stop 24/7 party celebrating the deceased and their accomplishments. Think Book of Life.  

AJ- I like the idea of AJ being a literal reaper, harvesting souls via the fruit off the tree of life. She then leads the departed to their grave and buries them with the seeds from their fruit, allowing a new tree to be grown, their soul going back to nature and the departed being reincarnated into another life. 

Rarity- she'd be working at a funeral home, dressing up the deceased to look their best as she leads them up the runway into the next life, letting them go out on a high note as the last thread she cuts for their assemble becomes the last thread tying them to life.  

RD- she won't waste any time. She'll just grab souls as fast as lightening and drop them off at the gates of Valhalla in 10 seconds flat.

Fluttershy- I imagine her showing up in houses like a black butterfly just before death, or something else innocuous and cute, comforting the dying before she shepherds their soul across the rainbow bridge. 

Sunset- she'd be at a crematorium, burning the hollowed vessels of the departed as she blows out the candles that signify the fires of their life, letting them go out in a blaze of glory in funerals fit for kings. 

Trixie- she'd be a medium, seeking those souls that are in purgatory, drifting across the world of the living. Gathering friends and loved ones, she'd use them to convince the ghost to travel to the next life, finally free from their burdens. 

Starlight- she'd be the one writing out how someones life would go, and would be there to write out their fate as it happened. Once that final chapter is written, where in the afterlife they go, she closes that book and shelves them with all the others, so a new story for a new life can be written. 

Spike- as a great majestic dragon, he carries the departed across the 12 realms that make up the night, guarding the deceased on his back to the morning sun where they will be reborn into a new life. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2020-09-27 at 10:23 PM, Splashee said:

You mean, they become Emo? Interesting I think!

not really. like actually the grim reaper type for each of the mane six See the source imageRainbow Dash - she won't waste any time. She'll just grab souls as fast as lightening and drop them off at the gates of Valhalla in 10 seconds flat.See the source imageGrim Reaper Rainbow Dash | Know Your Meme

Edited by Scootaloo9074090