Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler lFull SDCC 2018 My Little Pony Panel Now on Youtube!

bwrosas

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

SPIKE'S DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!! I know it's possible for him to still be fake, but that's just unlikely at this point! Look at the resemblance! Oh but the ears though... the ears.... those are... GARBLE'S EARS!

Here's a perspective-corrected screenshot of the info that's pertinent to my interests:

Spoiler

1358928974_Spikes-Dad.png.02f5c7d038f40946856ea15493b8240f.png

Stock in Smolder being related to Spike just went down and stock in Garble being related to Spike just went up... :wau:

(If it turns out that's really his dad, of course.)

41 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Here's a perspective-corrected screenshot of the info that's pertinent to my interests:

Hide contents

1358928974_Spikes-Dad.png.02f5c7d038f40946856ea15493b8240f.png

Stock in Smolder being related to Spike just went down and stock in Garble being related to Spike just went up... :wau:

(If it turns out that's really his dad, of course.)

Actually stock in Spike being related to Smolder went up too! That dragon has Smolder's eye pupil shape!

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

Actually stock in Spike being related to Smolder went up too! That dragon has Smolder's eye pupil shape!

But aren't they the same shape for all dragons? :)

Looking at this dragon closer, I'm thinking of a scenario like this as to how the episode could play out:

Spoiler

Dragon tries to convince Spike is his son, Spike starts to believe him. The twist near the end reveals he's actually Garble's dad and he only tried to trick Spike because Garble hates his old man.and doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. Once this father dragon learned about Spike, he sought him out in hopes that Spike could be a proxy son of sorts - one that actually might appreciate doing dragony father and son things together.

The fact that this dragon has Spike's spine shape and chin still leads to the possibility of a double-twist where it indeed turns out Spike is also his son. But we'll see. ;)

8 minutes ago, Truffles said:

But aren't they the same shape for all dragons? :)

Looking at this dragon closer, I'm thinking of a scenario like this as to how the episode could play out:

Hide contents

Dragon tries to convince Spike is his son, Spike starts to believe him. The twist near the end reveals he's actually Garble's dad and he only tried to trick Spike because Garble hates his old man.and doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. Once this father dragon learned about Spike, he sought him out in hopes that Spike could be a proxy son of sorts - one that actually might appreciate doing dragony father and son things together.

The fact that this dragon has Spike's spine shape and chin still leads to the possibility of a double-twist where it indeed turns out Spike is also his son. But we'll see. ;)

That one's pretty cool! But no, I observed the dragon eyes. Spike's is different, and so is Garble's by a long shot! ;) I mean both Smolder and Dad's eyes match Ember pupils though, and Dad is just pretty much a darker version of Smolder's eyes (much like how my eyes and my dad's eyes are the same blue, just different darker/lighter)!

(edited)

I'm looking forward to the Christmas special, but the rest of Season 8 is gonna be a disaster, for these reasons:

• Twilight's been hogging most of Season 8 so far already, AND she's confirmed in at least 3 more episodes in a row when the season continues
  • No CMCs and hardly any Mane Six
  • The Student Six, who never even existed in Seasons 1-7, are more likely becoming new main characters, and they might dethrone the old main characters if this goes on. That shouldn't happen!
Edited by FirePuppy

(edited)
8 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I'm looking forward to the Christmas special, but the rest of Season 8 is gonna be a disaster, for these reasons:

• Twilight's been hogging most of Season 8 so far already, AND she's confirmed in at least 3 more episodes in a row when the season continues
  • No CMCs and hardly any Mane Six
  • The Student Six, who never even existed in Seasons 1-7, are more likely becoming new main characters, and they might dethrone the old main characters if this goes on. That shouldn't happen!

Honestly, it's incredibly improbable that the Student Six will become the new main cast members, largely because the mane six are far too well-loved and established by this point in the show's history (and the crew understands their following enough to recognize that) and upturning the main cast with only a season remaining is an extremely rare (and generally misguided) move. 

Also, I wouldn't assume that the remainder of S8 will be a 'disaster' (maybe a 'disappointment' judging by your established criteria, but nothing as hyperbolic as a true 'disaster') due to 'overuse' of Twilight, lack of CMCs, etc. Inter-seasonal character inbalance can be an issue, but I trust the show to at least invest some effort into producing decent episodes out of it anyway (not to mention that, judging by the upcoming synopsis, the inbalance itself does not seem to be significant) - I've heard some claim that Dashie was overused in S2, but without that 'overuse', we wouldn't have received 'Read It and Weep', one of the show's best-reviewed episodes.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Maybe it's his build, but Spike's "father" barely looks old enough to be a father at all. Yep, calling definite shenanigans.