Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Teaser for Second Half of Season 8 at SDCC!

PacificGreen

16 minutes ago, Iam said:

The most important episodes for me are those ones with the character in my avatar. I hope she will appear in at least 50% of the episodes, like she did in 53% of all episodes in the first half of the season.

I'm actually really hoping for her to appear in the Spike dad episode!

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Um, we don't actually see Tartarus in that trailer, we see the area outside of it and the door to it (and that's a good door)

This is a good door:

735598600_house_of_ruin.mp4_snapshot_01.11_2018_04.01_14.50_04.jpg.b158b72836187e3310ef58fe6ed7a4ea.jpg

That was just some magical girl circles on a New Zealand hot spring resort entrance fashioned in Tolkien dwarf style.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Neighsay's guidelines clearly weren't working with Twilight's school, a revolutionary idea in Equestria, and his xenophobia created temporary distrust between Equestria and the international nations. If it was going to succeed, Twilight couldn't do it Neighsay's way, but their own.

A sadly common thing in many societal institutions whenever someone wants to take it to a new level of knowledge. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

Nope turned to stone and shattered which is not the same as dying unless you return him to flesh without putting him back together and even that's iffy depending on the species in question.

Interesting trailer there I expect Cosy will turn traitor to Neighsay to free the others students. Still I wonder just what he thought would happen chaining them up like that he really seems to heading towards a war with his actions and if he is involved in draining all magic from Equestia he's (a) insanely powerful and (b) putting a lot of ponies at risk.

Judging from the details, it is clear that Neighsay, blinded by his bigotry and racism, wanted to have the School of Friendship closed, but had to do it another way, that being when the Mane Six abandoned their duties with teaching there to deal with Lord Tirek in Tartarus.

He had mentioned in the premiere about how the Mane Six were to not leave the school unattended for any reason, especially for their duties as the Elements of Harmony, and once they leave to go to Tartarus, it's the perfect way for Neighsay to seize control via a loophole in the Mane Six leaving the school unattended, violating his #1 condition regarding Twilight opening it in the first place.

If the Student Six and the Crusaders can outsmart him and Cozy, by the time the Mane Six return, Lord Tirek could have been convinced to make peace with Equestria and return to Scorpan without further provocation, but not without punishing Neighsay for his actions by stripping him of his magic, especially if Neighsay makes the potentially fatal mistake of getting Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor involved.

He may be head of the EEA, but if he outright tries to usurp authority from the Royal Sisters or the Royal Family as a whole because of his bigotry and fanatical beliefs against Rutherford, Ember, Thorax, Grandpa Gruff, and Queen Novo, he deserves a life sentence in Tartarus for his behavior and actions as that would be high treason against the crown.

6 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

Dunno if this has  been posted yet, but apparently a trailer was released at San Diego Comic Con for the second half of the current season (videotaped quality, but it's the best so far I can find)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-tYqzS-m4w

Looks pretty exciting with the return of the villains (including Storm King, my favorite Rafiki-Yeti dude XD) The Mane Cast also seems to be headed to Tartarus to check on Tirek, and we even get to say Chancellor Neighsay return. And it looks like he's an outright villain at this point, locking up the students (and declaring "The Reign of Twilight Sparkle is Over")?

My thoughts? To be honest, I feel like the season premiere wasn't too well done and Neighsay's motivations and actions were simultaneously kinda understandable and confusing. So I don't know, I think it'd be better to make him an outright villain, since it may actually provide a decent ulterior motive to not wanting to open the friendship school. My guess is he's actually a disguise for some long-time villain of the Princesses and/or ponies?

In a hurry now so sorry if I sound a little incoherent with that last paragraph; I may update when I have time.

Thoughts?

I pretty much think Neighsay will only do those things out of petty spite, and an misguided attempt to prove a point. One thing I didn't liked how he was portrayed in the premiere, was the typical protagonist centered morality, while he has valid reasons towards his racism. After all, half of the young6 are from species which threatened Equestria at one point or another, four with the griffin if you consider comics canon

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

I pretty much think Neighsay will only do those things out of petty spite, and an misguided attempt to prove a point. One thing I didn't liked how he was portrayed in the premiere, was the typical protagonist centered morality, while he has valid reasons towards his racism. After all, half of the young6 are from species which threatened Equestria at one point or another, four with the griffin if you consider comics canon

Trying to shut down the school is justified by that engineering a plot that puts ponies lives at risk when their magic fails to draw Twilight away from the school so he can exploit a loophole is not. He just put Equestria in danger as well and if he has actually released/retrieved villains like Tirek that makes him a traitor and responsible for a lot of pain and suffering with no guarantee he could stop it. I'm just hoping if he has done this rather than merely being a red herring in the trailer to make us think he had that he will be imprisoned rather than redeemed.

Just now, Senko said:

Trying to shut down the school is justified by that engineering a plot that puts ponies lives at risk when their magic fails to draw Twilight away from the school so he can exploit a loophole is not. He just put Equestria in danger as well and if he has actually released/retrieved villains like Tirek that makes him a traitor and responsible for a lot of pain and suffering with no guarantee he could stop it. I'm just hoping if he has done this rather than merely being a red herring in the trailer to make us think he had that he will be imprisoned rather than redeemed.

I didn't mean what he WILL do has a point, it was that there's merit in his reasoning at the premiere 

(edited)
1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

I didn't mean what he WILL do has a point, it was that there's merit in his reasoning at the premiere 

Ah fair enough.

I just had the bizzare mental image of a crossover with the upcoming Equestria girls special where the human mane 6 + starlight come to Equestria and thwart Neighsay's plot as well as the storm kings one in their special all while pretending to be their pony counterparts and running the friendship school. "No Neighsay we didn't go to Tartarus see were all right here. Glasses? Wings? ahhhh its a side effect . . . yes the loss of magic has undone the repairs I did to my eyesight and the wings."

Edited by Senko

(edited)
4 hours ago, RyanMahaffe said:

The Storm King!!! Neat. This is obviously from "What Lies Beneath"

I find it darkly amusing that this episode will apparently revolve around there being what is essentially a dead body being kept in the basement of the school. :sealed:

5 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

I think the official synopsis says that he's just a dragon claiming to be Spike's father, so he may very well be a fake.

I give a pretty high percentage chance that he is at the very least Garble's dad, with the spines and chin being the only traits that might make him Spike's dad. Or both, which I'm sure will make Spike and Garble feel just peachy about life in general. :laugh:

Edited by Truffles

7 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Does that mean we will see the moronic chancellor getting banished to the moon?

Considering it's a Kid's Show, No. We won't even see him get banished to Tartarus, either! I predict that he'll be demoted to Janitor while Abacus Cinch or Cheerilee get promoted to Head of the EEA, and imagine Neighsay cleaning up after Yaks, Hippogriffs, Changelings AND Dragons! The filth those things can produce can be SO Degrading to someone as Scrub-Monkey Third Class as AOSTH's own Coconuts!  I imagine Coconuts would've been equally unhappy as Superintendent of Scrap Valley's Robot Condos, but Coconuts is too loyal to Robotnik to even quit!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

Considering it's a Kid's Show, No. We won't even see him get banished to Tartarus, either! I predict that he'll be demoted to Janitor while Abacus Cinch or Cheerilee get promoted to Head of the EEA, and imagine Neighsay cleaning up after Yaks, Hippogriffs, Changelings AND Dragons! The filth those things can produce can be SO Degrading to someone as Scrub-Monkey Third Class as AOSTH's own Coconuts!  I imagine Coconuts would've been equally unhappy as Superintendent of Scrap Valley's Robot Condos, but Coconuts is too loyal to Robotnik to even quit!

Yeah a kids show would never ever banish someone to Tartarus
except for Tirek ofc.

• Brohoof 4

34 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I find it darkly amusing that this episode will apparently revolve around there being what is essentially a dead body being kept in the basement of the school. :sealed:

I give a pretty high percentage chance that he is at the very least Garble's dad, with the spines and chin being the only traits that might make him Spike's dad. Or both, which I'm sure will make Spike and Garble feel just peachy about life in general. :laugh:

Actually Spike's "father" does have purple eyes and spikes and green scales in contrast to Spike having purple scales with green eyes and spikes. They're possible inverts of each other.

4 hours ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Man, what great stuff, the Kirin episode looks F A N T A S T I C!

I saw the video and I didn't see any Kirin. Where exactly was it?

I am not sure what I supposed to felt about Spike's father suddenly showing up out of nowhere and then stating that he is his father. Like, that dude had been missing since child birth and then suddenly he decides to just cash in on his son's fame, yeah no thanks.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Actually Spike's "father" does have purple eyes and spikes and green scales in contrast to Spike having purple scales with green eyes and spikes. They're possible inverts of each other.

I saw the video and I didn't see any Kirin. Where exactly was it?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
14 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

That's not the same video as in the original post. The video you showed is fine, but it's not the one in the op.

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

12 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

That's not the same video as in the original post. The video you showed is fine, but it's not the one in the op.

Yeah I know, I figured I could just post the cut panel with just the song instead of finding the exact time stamp.

Let's not jump to conclusions, we still don't know much about any of these episodes. I for one don't think Neighsay's role in the final is quite what we're being lead to believe. 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

Just took a listen. Loving the song and looking forward to the ep already!

The song makes me sad even in a fantasy world for a magical kirin the couch is hard to move.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Sonic5421 said:

Judging from the details, it is clear that Neighsay, blinded by his bigotry and racism, wanted to have the School of Friendship closed, but had to do it another way, that being when the Mane Six abandoned their duties with teaching there to deal with Lord Tirek in Tartarus.

He had mentioned in the premiere about how the Mane Six were to not leave the school unattended for any reason, especially for their duties as the Elements of Harmony, and once they leave to go to Tartarus, it's the perfect way for Neighsay to seize control via a loophole in the Mane Six leaving the school unattended, violating his #1 condition regarding Twilight opening it in the first place.

If the Student Six and the Crusaders can outsmart him and Cozy, by the time the Mane Six return, Lord Tirek could have been convinced to make peace with Equestria and return to Scorpan without further provocation, but not without punishing Neighsay for his actions by stripping him of his magic, especially if Neighsay makes the potentially fatal mistake of getting Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor involved.

He may be head of the EEA, but if he outright tries to usurp authority from the Royal Sisters or the Royal Family as a whole because of his bigotry and fanatical beliefs against Rutherford, Ember, Thorax, Grandpa Gruff, and Queen Novo, he deserves a life sentence in Tartarus for his behavior and actions as that would be high treason against the crown.

Tartarus is too extreme for Chancellor Neighsay, I'd say DEMOTE him to a lowly janitor, cleaning up poop of Ponies, Yaks, Changelings, Griffons, Hippogriffs, and DRAGONS! The way that stuff stinks is bad enough to make you WISH you were banished to Tartarus!

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 2