Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Teaser for Second Half of Season 8 at SDCC!

PacificGreen

(edited)

Oh boy, Neighsay really is going all out. Apparently it's not enough to close Twilight's school, but he now sees Twilight's role as princess of friendship as a threat to Equestria itself. He's probably going to invoke some law that can prove Twilight has betrayed ponykind by colluding with other species. 

Sometimes the biggest threats really do come from within.

Edited by JH24

All I could focus on was Tirek, among other old villains returning.

Also Spike's dad, if that is his "dad," looks like a giant frog. Seriously, I thought Spike was somehow transformed into a frog. :umad:

So Neighsay is going from a professional, although blatantly racist, to a super villain that frees Tirek and attacks children.  Hopefully his character doesn't change to drastically, or at the very least give him a believable sanity slippage to get us to this point. I am predicting that he releases Tirek to show that the School of Friendship is not beneficial to Equestria's safety, but things end up going terribly wrong.

Just now, cmarston1 said:

I am predicting that he [Neighsay] releases Tirek to show that the School of Friendship is not beneficial to Equestria's safety, but things end up going terribly wrong.

Neighsay is just a freaking bastard manipulator and he's so jelaous about Friendship's School, that he wants to destroy Equestria in name of his ideology... That's just to freakin' ridicolous.

Sorry for bad words, I just got very frustrated.

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

So Neighsay is going from a professional, although blatantly racist, to a super villain that frees Tirek and attacks children.  Hopefully his character doesn't change to drastically, or at the very least give him a believable sanity slippage to get us to this point. I am predicting that he releases Tirek to show that the School of Friendship is not beneficial to Equestria's safety, but things end up going terribly wrong.

I don't know why so many are jumping to the conclusion that Neighsay freed Tirek.
Nothing in the trailer implies that he did, magic is disappearing in ways Tirek couldn't accomplish. Cozy Glow (who clearly works for Neighsay) brings up Tirek to get the mane 6 to investigate, this way they can be trapped in Tartarus and Neighsay can take over the school.

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

I don't know why so many are jumping to the conclusion that Neighsay freed Tirek.
Nothing in the trailer implies that he did, magic is disappearing in ways Tirek couldn't accomplish. Cozy Glow (who clearly works for Neighsay) brings up Tirek to get the mane 6 to investigate, this way they can be trapped in Tartarus and Neighsay can take over the school.

Your avatar say's your biased especially given your forum rank. :)

1 hour ago, Senko said:

Your avatar say's your biased especially given your forum rank. :)

Still, his argument is pretty solid. There's no evidence Tirek will be actually causing trouble, in fact, it's very likely to be a mere red herring in order for Neightsay to execute his plans 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
7 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

As others I have said, I don't think Tirek was ever actually released, I think he's just a red herring. I'm guessing something else was interfering with the magic, notice how nopony looks drained and pegasai can still fly. 

Edited by Ganondox

On 7/23/2018 at 8:53 AM, YoshiAngemon said:

Tartarus is too extreme for Chancellor Neighsay, I'd say DEMOTE him to a lowly janitor, cleaning up poop of Ponies, Yaks, Changelings, Griffons, Hippogriffs, and DRAGONS! The way that stuff stinks is bad enough to make you WISH you were banished to Tartarus!

That sounds like a more humiliating punishment for Neighsay to get back at him for his bigotry and racism against the non-pony races.

22 hours ago, Sonic5421 said:

That sounds like a more humiliating punishment for Neighsay to get back at him for his bigotry and racism against the non-pony races.

It might as well get worse, as new students like Garble and Gilda might take advantage of it, and bully the guy, simply because he deserved it! Unless Diamond Tiara gets back to calling him "Blank Flank, Blank Flank!" Only for the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help him find a new destiny.

On 7/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, YoshiAngemon said:

It might as well get worse, as new students like Garble and Gilda might take advantage of it, and bully the guy, simply because he deserved it! Unless Diamond Tiara gets back to calling him "Blank Flank, Blank Flank!" Only for the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help him find a new destiny.

Honestly, any punishment Neighsay gets for his disrespect against the other races is justified for his lack of support and respect to Twilight for her good and noble intentions with spreading friendship beyond Equestria's borders, especially after her adventures in the movie dealing with Tempest and the Storm King.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Starlightglim said:

I also really hope Starlight appears in that episode to  in fact I hope she appears in all the remaining 12 episodes and has a speaking role in all of them. 

Nah, I'd honestly prefer for the writers to maintain a balance. Character overexposure (particularly when a) one is writing for an ensemble show as with FiM and b) if it happens to be extraneous to the narrative) can be damaging or disastrous to a TV show, and considering that S8 has eased up on the Starlight overexposure (in comparison to S7), I would simply hope that they continue to use Starlight in this way - feature her when it's necessary or contributes positively to the narrative and its themes. She's not the main character, it's not exactly a matter where the audience must be reminded of her presence in every episode (I find it difficult to believe that episodes such as "The Washouts" could include her without it coming off as shoehorning).

As for S8's second half, considering that the season has already made conceptual leaps and bounds with Spike (not that I thought "Molt Down" was even a 5/5, but it did wonders for his role and characterization going forward into the enigmatic final season), I'm definitely anticipating "Father Knows Beast", although the two Pillar episodes (thank Celestia that the writers remember their existence) and "The End in Friend" (largely because of the shocking lack of Dashie/Rarity interactions over eight seasons - other than this, we've had "Rarity Investigates!" and "Sonic Rainboom", although they didn't actually interact that much there, and... well... I got nothing) are also of interest. Here's to hoping that the writing team at least delivers a number of decently conveyed narratives.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

....Who writes this crap!?

I'm not hating because I don't watch the show but seeing the trailer and everything that was in the OP..it sounds like absolute rubbish..this is what happens when you take a show with atleast at the start great SoL episodes and make it into crap..no wonder Lauren Faust took her ball and left. (Bonus points if you read this with Curtis Armstrong's voice.)

Edited by Dan.

6 hours ago, Senko said:

I actually have a theory about what's going wrong with magic but I don't want to say it in case I'm right.

You could write them under a spoiler filter :fluttershy:

Just click on the eye just at the left of the emoticons, and write anything you want there

Ah very well my current theory is that the failing magic is

Spoiler

one of the symptoms of the tree of harmony being corrupted by its absorbing the mean 6.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2018 at 12:20 PM, gingerninja666 said:

On the qualified teacher point. They weren't qualified EEA teachers, definitely. But Twilight was very adamant about them teaching the way they wanted to, and it seemed to be working before the EEA's restrictions started messing with everything.

Similar with the safety point, the students wouldn't have run away if they weren't doing things the EEA way.

Kinda necro-ing an old thread, but I think I'm starting to stick by my initial opinion; I still think Neighsay was kinda right about them being unqualified, since I'm pretty sure none of the Mane Six have any actual teaching experience. And sure, they may know a lot about the elements and embodying them and experiencing one of the strongest friendships Equestria has known, but just knowing a lot about something or even having directly experienced something doesn't necessarily make one a good teacher..

On the safety point, I think that actually falls on the students. The whole thing happened because Ocellus turned into a giant beast and frightened everyone. 

I guess this overall stems from my belief that government is not without its flaws, but it's often there for a reason. And I'm all for questioning the rules, and making sure governing authorities adapt when new discoveries are made, but I'm also a believer in due process. Of course, this is a show about cartoon horses, so the situation here was vastly idealized. I just don't think a viewer IRL doing what Twilight and co. did would actually fly in the real world. I mean, if you tried saying "Screw you, DoE, I do what I want because I believe so," things probably won't just "work out" like they do in the premiere.

2 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

Kinda necro-ing an old thread, but I think I'm starting to stick by my initial opinion; I still think Neighsay was kinda right about them being unqualified, since I'm pretty sure none of the Mane Six have any actual teaching experience. And sure, they may know a lot about the elements and embodying them and experiencing one of the strongest friendships Equestria has known, but just knowing a lot about something or even having directly experienced something doesn't necessarily make one a good teacher..

On the safety point, I think that actually falls on the students. The whole thing happened because Ocellus turned into a giant beast and frightened everyone. 

I guess this overall stems from my belief that government is not without its flaws, but it's often there for a reason. And I'm all for questioning the rules, and making sure governing authorities adapt when new discoveries are made, but I'm also a believer in due process. Of course, this is a show about cartoon horses, so the situation here was vastly idealized. I just don't think a viewer IRL doing what Twilight and co. did would actually fly in the real world. I mean, if you tried saying "Screw you, DoE, I do what I want because I believe so," things probably won't just "work out" like they do in the premiere.

Twilight and Rainbow dash do at least. Twilight from Twilight Time and both of them from when they taught at the wonderbolts accademy.

• Brohoof 1