Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

It won't affect me as someone who doesn't watch the show on Netflix, but my sympathies to the people who do.

What this guy said. I don’t even have a Netflix account, but as a very sympathetic person, I feel for all of you who watch it there.

• Brohoof 2

Rip, that was my intro to the show! I just finished breaking bad and I was super depressed from that show and decided I needed something to even me out so I look a FIM and I was like “how bad could it be”

Spoiler

It was great!

• Brohoof 1

Not really the biggest loss. I mean the show is available on Dailymotion. That's how I'll be watching from now on since I have neither netflix or Discovery family anymore. 

5 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Apparently, FIM is going to be removed from Netflix August 16. I discovered while watching it on Netflix.

I want to believe you but can you show some source for this? Like an article or some announcement?

• Brohoof 5

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I want to believe you but can you show some source for this? Like an article or some announcement?

I can't, because It popped up once while I was watching the episode 'Owl's Well That Ends well', and hasn't popped up since.

The article mentions its being slated to leave doesn't guarantee it will as apparently Netflix normally renews annually and that's when they usually decide if a show is getting enough return to justify paying for it.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Senko said:

The article mentions its being slated to leave doesn't guarantee it will as apparently Netflix normally renews annually and that's when they usually decide if a show is getting enough return to justify paying for it.

As what I read from the article, there is a possibility of it being renewed. Netflix isn't a stranger to removing things though I guess since it mentioned another show that was recently removed. 

• Brohoof 3

I really hope they decide to renew it. I don't have cable, so my only option for watching the show without Netflix would be buying the seasons on DVD. It'd be much easier on my tight budget if they'd just keep the show on Netflix. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, sci-fi-pony said:

I really hope they decide to renew it. I don't have cable, so my only option for watching the show without Netflix would be buying the seasons on DVD. It'd be much easier on my tight budget if they'd just keep the show on Netflix. 

I would buy it on DVD but I can't find most of it.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, sci-fi-pony said:

Amazon has each season on DVD. I think I've seen season one at Vintage Stock a few times as well.

Hmm I shall have to take another look there they weren't showing up for my searches awhile back. Thanks.

EDIT

Seems Australia has seasons 1-3 and 5 but not 4, 6 or 7. Sadly I can't buy it from the US because of region coding.

Edited by Senko

5 minutes ago, Senko said:

Seems Australia has seasons 1-3 and 5 but not 4, 6 or 7. Sadly I can't buy it from the US because of region coding.

Oops, sorry. I'm from the US and I completely forgot about how regional differences might affect that.

Just now, sci-fi-pony said:

Oops, sorry. I'm from the US and I completely forgot about how regional differences might affect that.

One of the more annoying decisions by companies. Oh you bought this in region 1 while on holiday well you can't watch it at home.

Well it's a good thing that I don't use Netflix to watch my favorite shows, though I do feel sorry to the people that do they'll probably have to get another subscription service or something I guess. 

I think the same thing happened last year. I don't think Hasbro is willing to take out FIM from Netflix yet, so I bet they'll renew the contract again

• Brohoof 1

With how long the show has been on Netflix, this feels weird. It always seemed like the show had a special place on that service. Whoever, I find that simply downloading the episodes once they premiere is a much more reliable alternative.