Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

16 minutes ago, sci-fi-pony said:

Netflix is one of the only legal ways to watch MLP,

"Oh, some people dared to look at a thing and we didn't squeeze money out of their eyeballs. Let's make seeing for free illegal."  ;)

And simply watching it inside an internet browser without downloading doesn't even count as piracy.

Edited by Kosmobatalanto
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Kosmobatalanto said:

"Oh, some people dared to look at a thing and we didn't squeeze money out of their eyeballs. Let's make seeing for free illegal."  ;)

And simply watching it inside an internet browser without downloading doesn't even count as piracy.

Yeah, but better safe than sorry i guess.

1 hour ago, Kosmobatalanto said:

Yet, it's still copyrighted content. Hasbro owns the rights so anyone uploading them to video sites like YouTube or DailyMotion is violating copyright laws. Anyways, on topic. I haven't watched ponies on netflix in a long time since I watch ponies from different places all together.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Kosmobatalanto said:

I did just state a fact that everybody knows anyway, nothing more. Until the DVD releases non-US fans didn't even have any other way to watch episodes than piracy.

We still don't if your counting those. Australia still hasn't got a full DVD collection and I don't mean a box set I mean we're only able to buy certain seasons on DVD if we have a US region 1 capable player. For now I have netflix and I recorded some episodes that aired on TV. Would be nice to be able to buy a full set of DVD's or a boxset though.

7 hours ago, Kosmobatalanto said:

That's like saying "Well, I want to own this action figure but it's outrageous that the toy company is charging for their products, so I'm just gonna steal it off the shelf. Since I don't agree with them charging for toys, that makes it morally okay." Yeah, no. Stealing is still stealing. Hasbro asks that they get paid to keep making this show that we enjoy, so I don't think it's so unreasonable to do that. If you feel differently, that's your choice. But you don't have to be so sarcastic just because some of us don't feel comfortable with condoning illegal activity.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic, I'm hoping Netflix will still renew their Hasbro cartoons. If not, I'm assuming it's because they plan to release their shows on some other platform? Everyone else is launching their own streaming services, maybe Hasbro is jumping on the bandwagon? 

26 minutes ago, sci-fi-pony said:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic, I'm hoping Netflix will still renew their Hasbro cartoons. If not, I'm assuming it's because they plan to release their shows on some other platform? Everyone else is launching their own streaming services, maybe Hasbro is jumping on the bandwagon? 

Yep which will sadly mean a lot more illegal pirating because paying for 1 service a reasonable amount is fine paying for 50 as this one has a series you like and that one has some movies you like and the others all have 1 or 2 things you like simply isn't financially viable for most people. Even if they all only charge a few dollars it all adds up and then you have ones like foxtel that charges massive fee's for access. Just look at Australia piracy dropped markedly when netflix came out because for once we had a chance to get shows at a reasonable price and time frame take it away and people will just go fine back to . . .

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, sci-fi-pony said:

"Well, I want to own this action figure but it's outrageous that the toy company is charging for their products, so I'm just gonna steal it off the shelf. Since I don't agree with them charging for toys, that makes it morally okay."

Well, there's a huge difference between stealing something or just looking at it.

Edited by Kosmobatalanto

You guys forget your cable on-demand services that have about all the all season up to most recent episodes on demand and if your have DVD recorder, are indeed recordable. Also you can DVR the series as a whole while it airs on Discovery family, they show all episodes from every season.

20 minutes ago, bwrosas said:

You guys forget your cable on-demand services that have about all the all season up to most recent episodes on demand and if your have DVD recorder, are indeed recordable. Also you can DVR the series as a whole while it airs on Discovery family, they show all episodes from every season.

If that can be done in Australia I have no idea how.

38 minutes ago, Senko said:

Yep which will sadly mean a lot more illegal pirating because paying for 1 service a reasonable amount is fine paying for 50 as this one has a series you like and that one has some movies you like and the others all have 1 or 2 things you like simply isn't financially viable for most people. Even if they all only charge a few dollars it all adds up and then you have ones like foxtel that charges massive fee's for access. Just look at Australia piracy dropped markedly when netflix came out because for once we had a chance to get shows at a reasonable price and time frame take it away and people will just go fine back to . . .

Yeah, I've been saying that for awhile now. It made sense when Netflix came out because it had so much stuff on it for one cost. Then it caught on big and now everyone wants their own streaming service. What they don't seem to realize is that Netflix was worth the price when it had so many movies and shows on it. But spending between $5 and $25 per service for dozens of services, and just to get a few things per company, isn't going to work for most people. It feels like they're self-sabotaging the streaming service market.

42 minutes ago, Senko said:

If that can be done in Australia I have no idea how.

Is Boomerrang Australia on Demand there? if So, then it most likely will be on their on-demand section.

1 hour ago, bwrosas said:

Problem with that, is that Discovery Family is being less and less accessible. When I had Spectrum last year, they moved the network to a higher premium package

1 hour ago, Kosmobatalanto said:

Well, there's a huge difference between stealing something or just looking at it.

Still piracy bro >_>

Let's stay on topic in this thread. Talking about different ways to watch the show is fine enough but talking about piracy and pirated content is somewhat pushing it. Thanks and happy posting!

• Brohoof 4

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Problem with that, is that Discovery Family is being less and less accessible. When I had Spectrum last year, they moved the network to a higher premium package

Still piracy bro >_>

Spectrum can go burn in hell!:angry: Their internet service and speeds are about as cheap as they come!

One thing I noticed back on 'PRIME DAY", was one of the prime day offers that Amazon gave was MLP FIM season 1 free as part of their Prime Subscription service.  Makes me wonder if perhaps they did that to see if perhaps viewers would enjoy FIM as one of their free shows they offer on Prime Video for their current and perhaps future subscribers.  Makes you wonder.

Also think about this, Amazon's Video streaming (I believe) is just as used (if not more so) as Netflix's and Hulu's.  So it makes you wonder and think if Amazon's prime video service will make a play for all the pervious and current seasons, if the show does leave Netflix.

Think about what I just said here, and reply afterwards. Thanks ;)

I have an idea…

41xAgVLyWcL._SY355_.png

Now that My Little Pony is leaving Netflix I will use Amazon Prime Video to get it back.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, bwrosas said:

One thing I noticed back on 'PRIME DAY", was one of the prime day offers that Amazon gave was MLP FIM season 1 free as part of their Prime Subscription service.  Makes me wonder if perhaps they did that to see if perhaps viewers would enjoy FIM as one of their free shows they offer on Prime Video for their current and perhaps future subscribers.  Makes you wonder.

Also think about this, Amazon's Video streaming (I believe) is just as used (if not more so) as Netflix's and Hulu's.  So it makes you wonder and think if Amazon's prime video service will make a play for all the pervious and current seasons, if the show does leave Netflix.

Think about what I just said here, and reply afterwards. Thanks ;)

I was thinking about that.

3 minutes ago, SWBMN said:

I have an idea…

41xAgVLyWcL._SY355_.png

Now that My Little Pony is leaving Netflix I will use Amazon Prime Video to get it back.

What do you think about that?

Edited by SWBMN

14 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Pretty soon here I may just go out and buy the physical DVDs/Blu-rays. This is pretty disappointing, but I'm absolutely willing to pay extra for the individual seasons.

As I've said before I already would have (though I'd prefer a box set) but they're not available in the region 4 we need for our country and I don't have a multi-region player.

(edited)
On 8/6/2018 at 9:40 PM, TheTaZe said:

It is, but as long as he doesn't post any of it here I guess it's fine to talk about it. If it is posted here then I will deal with it.

Wasnt youtube piracy rampant before it was on netflix? Also, i really want digital downloads. Ive seen optical discs become unusable just from sitting in the player or the box sleeve. I don't trust them at all anymore. It also is a much bigger pain swapping discs when you're trying to research anything.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian