Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

11 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Digital just pisses me off how you dont technically own a movie or game on the service. With DVD's or if your old-school, VHS tapes, you purchase it, you keep it forever, and you also own it!  

None of their original shows interest me. at all.

Again though, music isn't like that. With Amazon you can actually download your MP3's. Same with Bandcamp and iTunes.

24 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Do you know how long it takes to switch discs? Especially when you're doing a custom marathon involving jumping back and forth between episodes? I much rather watch them quickly.

I have them all in one file on one hard drive, just multiple copies of that ONE FILE on different hard drives. I can set a play list and watch one episode after another, in order, for hours, without touching the computer.

14 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I have them all in one file on one hard drive, just multiple copies of that ONE FILE on different hard drives. I can set a play list and watch one episode after another, in order, for hours, without touching the computer.

Aye. Using discs would drive me MAD. Just a couple weeks ago I was chatting with my friend about a fanfic we were doing and were trying to figure something out that was scattered across like ten episodes across multiple seasons. I had the answers I needed in less than ten minutes, just hopping around from one episode to another and finding what I needed. Hard disk storage is king at the moment, for me anyway.

4 hours ago, ccb20yes said:

Digital just pisses me off how you dont technically own a movie or game on the service. With DVD's or if your old-school, VHS tapes, you purchase it, you keep it forever, and you also own it!  

None of their original shows interest me. at all.

I still have my VHS and VHS tapes but sadly they're dying now.

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'd rather own the disc, or in this case, have the file on my own hard drive(s). I can watch as long as I want, without being online.

I'd rather both digital file on computer, physical disk on shelf back up and reduandancy.

4 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

I can't understand why visual media hasn't comfortably settled into the new "way" of doing things. You don't see this happening with music. The music industry took the Napster concept and ran full speed with it, and the way music is purchased is completely different now. You don't need to be a paying member of every music stream service to get access to the albums you want. Why is film and television resisting what is obviously a better system?

Maybe one day.

6 hours ago, Senko said:

I'd rather both digital file on computer, physical disk on shelf back up and redundancy.

My thinking exactly. I'd build a Faraday cage, but I think things would be far too hectic to worry about animation if some world ending event took place!

PS. I write. I have so many copies of my stories scattered on so many drives it boarders on paranoia! Years ago I lost a story to a hard drive failure. I was devastated! (Eventually re wrote it, much to the story's improvement!)

5 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Well, the removal period has come and passed and the contract seems to have been fully renewed. So is this thread really still needed?

Yeah... but it's only been renewed until August 31st. :/ 

image.png?width=400&height=252

3 hours ago, Fangirl Mode said:

Yeah... but it's only been renewed until August 31st. :/ 

image.png?width=400&height=252

It's still better than what it was before. But hey, if you have Netflix and want to watch ponies, you have 2 weeks to slam it down.

15 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Do you know how long it takes to switch discs? Especially when you're doing a custom marathon involving jumping back and forth between episodes? I much rather watch them quickly.

Well Lemony Snicket, Bojack Horseman, and Mako's Mermaids do interest me!

Switching out disc doesnt take long at all.  Just get up, eject the disc, put it in the case, take out the other disc and put it in.  

16 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Switching out disc doesnt take long at all.  Just get up, eject the disc, put it in the case, take out the other disc and put it in.  

Please. I don't think you understand my point of view.

You'd still lose a minute or 2 of your time jumping from disc to discs. Not to mention that on discs, they start to play previews  you would be going through the disc menu first.

Compare that to instant streaming where with excellent signal, it takes no more than 30 seconds to switch episodes on the fly. 

I stated my point. See you later.

27 minutes ago, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

well i guess its back to buying them on itunes.

Or ya know, everything else, Netflix is one of the worst streaming services ever,
Buy a DVD, Get them on Dailymotion and download them, lots of other methods

It’s already August 17th and I still see My Little Pony on Netflix. It’s weird how people said Netflix was removing it and it doesn’t look like they are…

2 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

What about Equestria Girls? And the related specials that come with it? Will they end up removed, as well?

I don’t know about Equestria Girls, because My Little Pony the Movie was never on Netflix I don’t think.

If you don’t know what I am talking about, Here’s something…220px-My_Little_Pony_The_Movie_Poster_2.

9 hours ago, ccb20yes said:

I always thought itunes was a music streaming service. I didnt know you could do that!!:o

iTunes is basically the "Google Play Store" of iOS Devices. Always has been. And for the record, I bought the movie on Blu-Ray. I just wanna see Daimando's reaction to MLP FINALLY being removed from Netflix, and Shadow rubbing it in, only to get hit by the monitor!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Why not? Hasbro already removed the Beast Wars and TransFormers G1. Thank Celestia there's Tubi, a free streaming service with ads. Maybe MLPFIM will end up there alongside MLP G1 and MLP Tales. Unless MLPFIM ends up going to a Roku Exclusive channel run by Hasbro, with shows like the Beast Wars, and Jem and the Holograms, there really isn't much to worry about.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Update: I don't know why, but I did some research, and MLP and other Hasbro shows were also streaming on Vimeo On Demand. I would have to get a Roku OR plug my HDMI Cable into my computer and TV just to watch MLP on TV.

Discovery Family (along with three other channels) was taken away almost three months ago from some FiOS subscribers. I was almost one of them until we upgraded our package to the next level and all of my recordings were safe.

And now with the show being taken away from Netflix subscribers, it's gonna be a lot harder for us to see Season 9.

Edited by FirePuppy

Just now, FirePuppy said:

Discovery Family (along with three other channels) was taken away almost three months ago from some FiOS subscribers. I was almost one of them until we upgraded our package to the next level and all of my recordings were safe.

And now with the show being taken away from Netflix subscribers, it's gonna be a lot harder for us to see Season 9.

Netflix always takes a long time to put seasons on there anyways. So I really don't know.