Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

It sounds like a rollercoaster effect when it comes to the fate of MLP on Netflix seeing as there have been a few twists and turns so far. I'm really hoping that the show gets to remain on Netflix otherwise people will have to rely on other means in order to watch the show. Also, I'm sure this is going to affect Equestria Girls as though as it's part of the brand too.

I’ve enjoyed having the episodes on Netflix. At some point I will buy the discs when there is a complete series set. It’s convenient for me to load Netflix and pull up the episode I want to watch if I’m doing research for my writing. 

• Brohoof 1

I might have to buy a Roku for myself, so I can put my Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix on it, and subscribe to Hasbro's Roku Channel for the sake of older shows, as well as others I might have some kind of a yen for. In this day and age, companies are getting more competitive, and are forcing people to empty their wallets, the Flim Flam freakin' way, and provide the same services, back when they were together, only to drive us apart!

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

I might have to buy a Roku for myself, so I can put my Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix on it, and subscribe to Hasbro's Roku Channel for the sake of older shows, as well as others I might have some kind of a yen for. In this day and age, companies are getting more competitive, and are forcing people to empty their wallets, the Flim Flam freakin' way, and provide the same services, back when they were together, only to drive us apart!

It's pretty funny that a show about ponies can so many relatable things in it. Like how you said Flim and Flam screw people out of their money.

7 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

It's pretty funny that a show about ponies can so many relatable things in it. Like how you said Flim and Flam screw people out of their money.

Well, at least with Roku, you can subscribe to Hasbro Studios for FREE! If MLP DOES end up on Hulu as well, then that might be a blessing for me, as well. I only hope that Hasbro doesn't take away the whole Power Rangers Back Catalog. Ninja Storm is my favorite season!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, YoshiAngemon said:

Well, at least with Roku, you can subscribe to Hasbro Studios for FREE! If MLP DOES end up on Hulu as well, then that might be a blessing for me, as well. I only hope that Hasbro doesn't take away the whole Power Rangers Back Catalog. Ninja Storm is my favorite season!

Yeah, I've never actually dealt with a Roku device. There are Fire TV and Fire TV sticks all around the house so that's where my family watches most of their stuff. But for MLP, I can see the appeal to stream if over a device like that. I watch my episodes in a different way though! :muffins:

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Yeah, I've never actually dealt with a Roku device. There are Fire TV and Fire TV sticks all around the house so that's where my family watches most of their stuff. But for MLP, I can see the appeal to stream if over a device like that. I watch my episodes in a different way though! :muffins:

That being said, I wish Hasbro would put up a cheap channel on Amazon Prime Channels. I could watch TransFormers, MLP, and GI Joe with no ads, no problem. I mean, I could watch the shows before on TubiTV for free with ads, but that's it.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

I use Fetch myself.

Tomorrow's the day most of us are dreading: The day that MLPFIM ends up removed from Netflix. Any news of Hasbro negotiating I have yet to hear of? Or are we all gonna have to subscribe to TubiTV, just for Pony in General? I hope it ends up on at least VRV, on a Hasbro-powered channel for a reasonable price per month.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

well, guys, guess it's time to see what one it will be: season eight for mlp coming to Netflix, or it being taken down from Netflix like other Discovery Family and Hasbro shows. It's 50/50, like a catch in football (american football), either the receiver catches it, (it staying) or he drops it (it being taken down). So if it does get removed from Netflix, I will have to buy all the seasons on disk, watch it on cable (I don't have it on cable yet), or steam it illegally (not really, I wouldn't go THAT far). So, I hope it stays so then I can watch it easily and without waiting...and waiting...and waiting for it on cable, or have to put in a disk into my Xbox One or PC. Signing off from here.

The reason why I use Netflix is because then I can watch what episodes I want easier than it being on disk

Edited by kewlman2006
  • Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Why Netfix? I have every episode from season 1 episode 1, to season 8 episode 22 on multiple hard drives on multiple devices.

(and burned to disc, just in case)

could you please send me links to your sources for the episodes after Yakity Sax?

1 hour ago, kewlman2006 said:

well, guys, guess it's time to see what one it will be: season eight for mlp coming to Netflix, or it being taken down from Netflix like other Discovery Family and Hasbro shows. It's 50/50, like a catch in football (american football), either the receiver catches it, (it staying) or he drops it (it being taken down). So if it does get removed from Netflix, I will have to buy all the seasons on disk, watch it on cable (I don't have it on cable yet), or steam it illegally (not really, I wouldn't go THAT far). So, I hope it stays so then I can watch it easily and without waiting...and waiting...and waiting for it on cable, or have to put in a disk into my Xbox One or PC. Signing off from here.

The reason why I use Netflix is because then I can watch what episodes I want easier than it being on disk

Just watch it illegally, like what everypony does,
Dailymotion, buy the discs, play it on your X-Box One, then you atleast own the discs of the episodes

I might as well buy the seasons on DVD, because the earlier seasons are cheaper, now. Plus, I still have my defective disc of "The Friendship Express" with the original cut of "The Last Roundup."

If it DOES end up elsewhere, I imagine that Hasbro is gonna go all "Oh, not enough room for Hasbro? Well, fine! We're gonna start our own Streaming Service, with TransFormers, and Ponies! In fact, FORGET THE STREAMING SERVICE!"

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Unless Hasbro is willing to either extend the current arrangement they have with Netflix or choose to create a new one, all of their programs are going to end up leaving the service--or the ones that are left if some have already departed. In this case, you might need to use alternate methods.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Unless Hasbro is willing to either extend the current arrangement they have with Netflix or choose to create a new one, all of their programs are going to end up leaving the service--or the ones that are left if some have already departed. In this case, you might need to use alternate methods.

MLP BETTER end up on TubiTV, alongside its OG Counterpart.

8 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

MLP BETTER end up on TubiTV, alongside its OG Counterpart.

Only time will tell if this happens.

20 minutes ago, kewlman2006 said:

huh, I don't remember even posting this here. that's strange

The two threads were merged to save space and redundancy. But this waiting for news about the removal is driving me insane! IS IT GONNA VANISH? WILL IT MOVE TO A MORE PROFITABLE Streaming Service? WILL WE BE FORCED TO BUY THE DVDs, just to watch it and be laughed at for watching a girls' show?

Edited by YoshiAngemon

26 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

The two threads were merged to save space and redundancy. But this waiting for news about the removal is driving me insane! IS IT GONNA VANISH? WILL IT MOVE TO A MORE PROFITABLE Streaming Service? WILL WE BE FORCED TO BUY THE DVDs, just to watch it and be laughed at for watching a girls' show?

The only thing you can do right now is wait till tomorrow. On the merge though, I did that because there is no need for 2 active threads about FiM being removed from Netflix on the front page. Merging the two was the option.

Well, if Netflix will remove the Show, i will never be able to watch further than Season 6...ever. We germans dont get Dvds anymore. Im not even sure if there is a Pal release. Well, i guess my Brony time is over then. I cant watch online, because i my computer is way to slow for that and i dont have money for something new, since i dont get that much money, since i dont have a normal job education.

Well if this turns out to be true, i have to say goodbye to the fandom, that would be pretty sad.

44 minutes ago, Nanotek said:

Well, if Netflix will remove the Show, i will never be able to watch further than Season 6...ever. We germans dont get Dvds anymore. Im not even sure if there is a Pal release. Well, i guess my Brony time is over then. I cant watch online, because i my computer is way to slow for that and i dont have money for something new, since i dont get that much money, since i dont have a normal job education.

Well if this turns out to be true, i have to say goodbye to the fandom, that would be pretty sad.

You think that's bad? Try being driven to get a Nintendo Switch and saving money on it.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

8 hours ago, Nanotek said:

Same in Australia we have bits and pieces but are missing entire seasons if you want to buy it in a format that you can play on the average player as opposed to a more expesnive/hacked multi region one.