Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

I wish every show would just have it's own streaming site paid for by ads and be there forever. They would make plenty of money.

I heard Game of Thrones was downloaded illegally a billion times. If they ran one ad during each episode and made one dollar there's a billion dollars.

The makers of tv shows really need to see sense. Nobody is going to sign up for ten damn streaming services because they want to watch one show on each. They're just encouraging piracy.

5 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I wish every show would just have it's own streaming site paid for by ads and be there forever. They would make plenty of money.

I heard Game of Thrones was downloaded illegally a billion times. If they ran one ad during each episode and made one dollar there's a billion dollars.

The makers of tv shows really need to see sense. Nobody is going to sign up for ten damn streaming services because they want to watch one show on each. They're just encouraging piracy.

A Hasbro streaming service would actually probably work out well for them.
MLP is very popular
Hanazuki received a lot of praise
Transformers is popular, both the movies and cartoons
LPS hasn't really taken off but it still has an audience
GI.Joe exists and could use a reboot
Beyblade is a thing
Maybe they could work out a deal with Disney to also put new Star wars content on it as well
They can make new shows and stuff based off their other IPs, a magic cartoon would be  L I T

They could also use every gen or iteration on the streaming service as to buff up the library. It could have all of MLP from the 80s till present, all of Transformers 80s to present, and more and more. It would likely be profitable.

13 hours ago, Fangirl Mode said:

It's not on Hulu... I checked. imo I think their contract must be expiring. If that's true, I hope they are smart enough to at least bring back FiM.

Chill, the exact same thing happened last year, Hasbro renewing their content at the very last minute  :dash:

1 hour ago, RyanMahaffe said:

A Hasbro streaming service would actually probably work out well for them.
MLP is very popular
Hanazuki received a lot of praise
Transformers is popular, both the movies and cartoons
LPS hasn't really taken off but it still has an audience
GI.Joe exists and could use a reboot
Beyblade is a thing
Maybe they could work out a deal with Disney to also put new Star wars content on it as well
They can make new shows and stuff based off their other IPs, a magic cartoon would be  L I T

They could also use every gen or iteration on the streaming service as to buff up the library. It could have all of MLP from the 80s till present, all of Transformers 80s to present, and more and more. It would likely be profitable.

Disney has their own streaming service I think, so I doubt they'll want their content on someone elses.

1 hour ago, Senko said:

Disney has their own streaming service I think, so I doubt they'll want their content on someone elses.

I looked into it and yeah, they have one that is supposed to launch in 2019. I only suggested it because Hasbro has like toy rights to Star Wars, but I guess that is out.

Doesn't change anything though, they would still have plenty of content and I would subscribe for sure.

I'm currently asking them the reason for it's removal. No word yet, but I hope to get some answers for you guys. I'll post any updates if/when they give me any.

Edit: All I can suggest is that if we really want to stay on Netflix... is to request for it. That's what she said.

Here's my post to them if you guys are curious:

"Your issue is: I was just wondering why MLP was being removed. I really like this show. I haven't even had a chance to finish it. Also, some of my friends on an MLP forum have been wondering as well."

Netflix Sheryl
No worries though, this normally happens when the permissions we need from the studios are not available for us to buy or renew, pretty normal on streaming services. We acquire content as often as we can. Though we do not have a set schedule for when it will be released, you can certainly check our Arrivals Page from time to time to keep track of our new releases!

Netflix Sheryl
But the good news is that you actually have an option to request any title. Just 
Click Here and request titles and we will work on that to have new content available for you!
Edited by Fangirl Mode
  • Brohoof 2

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?  BUT WE DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID I FOLLOWED ALL THE RULES! I EVEN ATE 150 BLACK LICORICE JELLLYBEANS THROUGH A STRAW!  but in all seriousness, what the heck netflix??  This is really pissing me off! first family guy, then FIM??   Seriously,  I dont see how netflix is killing  TV  while pulling off this bull crap! 

27 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?  BUT WE DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID I FOLLOWED ALL THE RULES! I EVEN ATE 150 BLACK LICORICE JELLLYBEANS THROUGH A STRAW!  but in all seriousness, what the heck netflix??  This is really pissing me off! first family guy, then FIM??   Seriously,  I dont see how netflix is killing  TV  while pulling off this bull crap! 

Right? However, I think this is more Hasbro than Netflix. From my chat with Sheryl, she pretty much told me it's a matter of rights and contracts. The only way we can ensure it to come back is to keep requesting for it. I'm sure if enough people do it, then we might not have to see it leave.

Think I might of posted this before but there are still many other ways to watch ponies. Netflix isn't the only one. I know many places to get my ponies. :P

But I guess, if it's for the masses of people Netflix is good since a lot of people use that platform. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Fangirl Mode said:

Right? However, I think this is more Hasbro than Netflix. From my chat with Sheryl, she pretty much told me it's a matter of rights and contracts. The only way we can ensure it to come back is to keep requesting for it. I'm sure if enough people do it, then we might not have to see it leave.

Well, the good news is i was able to watch two episodes on daileymotion, plus an episode of regular show. is daileymotion safe and legal?

Just now, ccb20yes said:

Well, the good news is i was able to watch two episodes on daileymotion, plus an episode of regular show. is daileymotion safe and legal?

Technically no since Hasbro owns rights to all of the show itself so uploading to video sites like Dailymotion to avoid copyright infringement is somewhat illegal. Just make sure not to link any of them here.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Well, what streaming services provide MLP?  Because im not even gonna bother with netflix anymore. i'll just stick to getting the blu-rays and dvd's.

I would say any services that have a contract with Hasbro. Possible Amazon streaming services if they provide MLP:FIM to stream?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I would say any services that have a contract with Hasbro. Possible Amazon streaming services if they provide MLP:FIM to stream?

I think they do, but i dont know how that stuff works. i'll just stick with the dvd's and blu-rays. ;)

15 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Well, what streaming services provide MLP?  Because im not even gonna bother with netflix anymore. i'll just stick to getting the blu-rays and dvd's.

But Netflix has original shows not seen elsewhere. Lemony Snicket, Bojack Horseman, Mako Mermaids, Orange is the New Black. I could go on.

I also said earlier, it's not worth getting upset over until it actually happens. Just wait until August 16, then I'll either cry or cheer.

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

But Netflix has original shows not seen elsewhere. Lemony Snicket, Bojack Horseman, Mako Mermaids, Orange is the New Black. I could go on.

I also said earlier, it's not worth getting upset over until it actually happens. Just wait until August 16, then I'll either cry or cheer.

But im not remotely interested AT ALL in those shows. most of the stuff they have on netflix i dont care about.  

3 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Im pretty sure thats illegal.:unamused:

It is, but as long as he doesn't post any of it here I guess it's fine to talk about it. If it is posted here then I will deal with it.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Think I might of posted this before but there are still many other ways to watch ponies. Netflix isn't the only one. I know many places to get my ponies. :P

Yes, but Netflix is one of the only legal ways to watch MLP, other than spending a fortune on DVDs. That's why it'll be so upsetting if it disappears from Netflix. I can't afford to buy all the DVDs right now, so I'd be stuck without the show for a long while until I can collect all the seasons.

• Brohoof 3