Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM to be removed from Netflix August 16

heavens-champion

1 minute ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Wasnt youtube piracy rampant before it was on netflix? Also, i really want digital downloads. Ive seen optical discs become unusable just from sitting in the player or the box sleeve. I don't trust them at all anymore. It also is a much bigger pain swapping discs when you're trying to research anything.

It still is rampant, usually Hasbro gets the video taken down in a matter of a few hours now though so people go to other places to upload it sadly.

• Brohoof 2

I’m thinking…

4 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

@SWBMN MLP:FiM isn't available on Prime video you know. You have to buy individual seasons.

Well, I will find out…

Edited by SWBMN

I just dont understand how this BS is apparently killing dvds and blu-rays! the dvd/blu ray equivalent to removing mlp from netflix would be taking out my copy of MLP season 1,  and returning it to the store! With digital, you dont "own" the actual movie or tv series, just the right to watch it!  I wonder if netflix will be the movie equivalent to EA games in the future...:fiery:

2 minutes ago, SWBMN said:

@TheTaZe Some people say you have to “pay” for copyright.

Well, there are licensing agreements if that is what you are talking about.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Well, there are licensing agreements if that is what you are talking about.

Yes…I think that’s what I am talking about, because a lot of people created Sparta Remixes with My Little Pony, and I saw stuff like “All content belongs to their respective owners.”

@ccb20yes @TheTaZe Besides, Phineas and Ferb got removed from Netflix before they talked about My Little Pony!

Why do I get the feeling that Netflix will drop MLP, and that we'll see Hasbro go all competitive and make their own streaming service like on Roku, with Pony, TransFormers, Joes, Beyblades, and Power Rangers?

5 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

It ain’t me, it’s reality :orly:

Getting smug with a Luna face? " Smug Pony banished to moon for 1000 years!!" to quote the yaks LOL :mlp_icwudt:

On 8/14/2018 at 10:22 PM, SWBMN said:

Yes…I think that’s what I am talking about, because a lot of people created Sparta Remixes with My Little Pony, and I saw stuff like “All content belongs to their respective owners.”

@ccb20yes @TheTaZe Besides, Phineas and Ferb got removed from Netflix before they talked about My Little Pony!

That stuff is very tricky when it comes to Copyright. By the spirit of the law, parody falls under fair use, but the law is only on your side when you can afford to spend as much as your accuser, unfortunately. Some companies are a lot friendlier about fair use than others and you can start to get an idea of who is going to let you play in their sandbox without throwing a hissy fit over every little thing. Some businesses know that it can be advantageous to let fans create their own content, because it helps to grow the fandom and keep it going.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:47 PM, ccb20yes said:

I just dont understand how this BS is apparently killing dvds and blu-rays! the dvd/blu ray equivalent to removing mlp from netflix would be taking out my copy of MLP season 1,  and returning it to the store! With digital, you dont "own" the actual movie or tv series, just the right to watch it!  I wonder if netflix will be the movie equivalent to EA games in the future...:fiery:

Well, it "could've" done that. Physical media is still definitely on the way out though. But the dream of getting all of our media in one place is gone now that every business is trying to make their own "Netflix" and putting exclusive shows on it (looking at you NBC All Access and your ST:Discovery nonsense). In the end it's all going to end up costing MORE than cable, when you need to have a monthly subscription to ten different networks to get the shows you want. Piracy is going to make a comeback in a HUGE way as a result of all this.

I can't understand why visual media hasn't comfortably settled into the new "way" of doing things. You don't see this happening with music. The music industry took the Napster concept and ran full speed with it, and the way music is purchased is completely different now. You don't need to be a paying member of every music stream service to get access to the albums you want. Why is film and television resisting what is obviously a better system?

Why do people rely on Netfix? I've never used them, and I have every single episode from season 1 episode 1, to season 8 episode 18. I store them on my desk top computer, my tablet, two external hard drives, and season 1-7 on my phone (ran out of room!) Plus, I have them burned onto DVDs too. So far, the whole collection is 35.7GB. Nothing short of an EM pulse will effect them!  I also have the movie (Actually bought it!) and everything from the Equestria Girls universe. Friendship to the MAX!

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Why do people rely on Netfix? I've never used them, and I have every single episode from season 1 episode 1, to season 8 episode 18. I store them on my desk top computer, my tablet, two external hard drives, and season 1-7 on my phone (ran out of room!) Plus, I have them burned onto DVDs too. So far, the whole collection is 35.7GB. Nothing short of an EM pulse will effect them!  I also have the movie (Actually bought it!) and everything from the Equestria Girls universe. Friendship to the MAX!

People use Netflix because they are Original shows available, instantly jump from one episode to another, and etc. Simple as that

20 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

That stuff is very tricky when it comes to Copyright. By the spirit of the law, parody falls under fair use, but the law is only on your side when you can afford to spend as much as your accuser, unfortunately. Some companies are a lot friendlier about fair use than others and you can start to get an idea of who is going to let you play in their sandbox without throwing a hissy fit over every little thing. Some businesses know that it can be advantageous to let fans create their own content, because it helps to grow the fandom and keep it going.

Well, it "could've" done that. Physical media is still definitely on the way out though. But the dream of getting all of our media in one place is gone now that every business is trying to make their own "Netflix" and putting exclusive shows on it (looking at you NBC All Access and your ST:Discovery nonsense). In the end it's all going to end up costing MORE than cable, when you need to have a monthly subscription to ten different networks to get the shows you want. Piracy is going to make a comeback in a HUGE way as a result of all this.

I can't understand why visual media hasn't comfortably settled into the new "way" of doing things. You don't see this happening with music. The music industry took the Napster concept and ran full speed with it, and the way music is purchased is completely different now. You don't need to be a paying member of every music stream service to get access to the albums you want. Why is film and television resisting what is obviously a better system?

Digital just pisses me off how you dont technically own a movie or game on the service. With DVD's or if your old-school, VHS tapes, you purchase it, you keep it forever, and you also own it!  

Just now, Will Guide said:

People use Netflix because they are Original shows available, instantly jump from one episode to another, and etc. Simple as that

None of their original shows interest me. at all.

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

I'd rather own the disc, or in this case, have the file on my own hard drive(s). I can watch as long as I want, without being online.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'd rather own the disc, or in this case, have the file on my own hard drive(s). I can watch as long as I want, without being online.

Do you know how long it takes to switch discs? Especially when you're doing a custom marathon involving jumping back and forth between episodes? I much rather watch them quickly.

5 minutes ago, ccb20yes said:

Digital just pisses me off how you dont technically own a movie or game on the service. With DVD's or if your old-school, VHS tapes, you purchase it, you keep it forever, and you also own it!  

None of their original shows interest me. at all.

Well Lemony Snicket, Bojack Horseman, and Mako's Mermaids do interest me!