Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite G3 Ponies?

sci-fi-pony

I'm working on an animated project that is sort of an appreciation/tribute video for G3. (The main G3, not the later Core 7 stuff.) Anyway, I'm having a tough time deciding which ponies to include, because there were a lot of them. So I was wondering who everyone's favorites were? Any G3 pony counts; I'm including characters from the cartoons and the ones that were toys only.

• Brohoof 1

My favorites were Kimono and Sunny Daze, both from the 'A Charming Birthday' video. Kimono was a sarcastic mare who seemed to be the only real self-sufficient 'adult' in the bunch, whereas Sunny Daze seemed to be a completely unaffected 'surfer babe'. Both appealed to me as they were *completely* honest about who they were. 

• Brohoof 4

I liked Sky Wishes and Star Catcher. Those two felt like one of the few pairs of ponies that had chemistry together, and it was thanks to Star that magic in G3 had an aura of wonder about it. 

post-18785-0-91101000-1432103126_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

On 7/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, Fhaolan said:

My favorites were Kimono and Sunny Daze, both from the 'A Charming Birthday' video. 

Thanks for the suggestions! Sunny Daze has always been one of my favorites, too. One of the first ponies a bought when I started collecting them. :)

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I liked Sky Wishes and Star Catcher.

Thanks for the suggestions! They were two of the first ones I added to the video. I love how mysterious and magical Star Catcher is.

8 minutes ago, KarentheUnicorn said:

Some of my favorite G3's are:

Sunny Daze

Autumn Skye

Butterscotch

Snowflake

Starbeam

Denim Blue

SunShimmer

Silver Song

Aloha Pearl

Strawberry Reef

Seaspray

Midnight Dream

Silver Glow

Wow, thanks so much for those wonderful suggestions! I'd forgotten about most of those until reading your post. I'll have to go add them to the list.

• Brohoof 1

My list is hardly a dent in the number of G3's.

If you're looking for an organized list of toy ponies preG4, your best bet is to look at collector sites. Websites like Strawberry reef are really good. http://www.strawberryreef.com/index.html

A really good site for G1 is Taffeta's website, but she mostly focused on the G1's with her site. She is a long time collector like myself who has a lot of good info, especially based on UK pony collecting because MLP toyline is different depending on country and region. Her website is http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook/

The biggest site that we collectors used back in the early 90's was Dream Valley but sadly the collector who owned the site took her whole site down a couple years ago, so one of the biggest and most extensive sites on MLP from a USA collector is no longer around. But thankfully Taffeta's site is pretty good and a lot of times her info of international ponies was much more accurate than Kim's(Dream Valley).

For G1 we have collector guides now so it's not really so much of a big deal, plus for long time collectors we sort of know our ponies. But it's kind of helpful for those who have only come by way of G4, for those with an interest in previous generations. It's good to know history and how to tell what are original MLP and understand the history, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe my favourites are Minty, Kimono, Thisle Whistle and Star Catcher (she so pretty!).

I don't know whether I like Pinkie for the character or for her difference from her FiM counterpart (as much as some says that they are the same), but she if great. Same goes with Rainbow Dash.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first pony I got when started collecting ponies again Heatherwinds she is one of my favorites. Daisy Jo wisteria crystal lace sunny daze minty midnight dream are some of my favorites

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Star Catcher!

Kimono

Wysteria

When I was younger I really liked Rainbow Dash (g3 of course), but I’m definitely not so much of a fan of her now.

Sparkleworks

Minty

Scootaloo

Sunny Daze

Toola Roola

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

G3 has my heart.  Waterfire is my absolute favorite! I also love Coconut Grove, Sunshimmer, Port-o-Bella, Pepperberry, Thistle Whistle, Whistle Wishes, and so many others. I'm obsessed  :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, orponi23523532 said:

тут є хтось з каналу дарії?

Google translate says: 

there is someone from Daria's channel here

hello pony posting about G3 ponies in Ukrainian :3 I hope you stay to post more things

• 1 month later...