Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever been to a wedding?

Lucky Bolt

I have been to one wedding in my life and it was my sister's. It was destination wedding, actually. Mexico is where it took place.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been to about five weddings in my lifetime though I'll be honest in saying I didn't want to stick around very long. I was in it to see those involved get married and then go back home either before or after the dinner.

I've never been to one wedding (though I have been to a funeral). I don't want to have a real "wedding" for three reasons, and most of these apply also to going to other people's weddings:

A. Weddings seem to me, to be extremely boring...

B. Do I really feel the need to burden others or myself with the expense of going to a wedding I likely won't care much for? Seriously, weddings are NOT cheap by any means.

C. I find all the pomp and circumstance of weddings to be a bit of a chore to sit through, not just being bored, but being completely apathetic to the whole thing.

D. I don't doubt that there'll be a miscreant or two that ruins it for almost everyone.

Personally, I don't want to have a wedding myself. I'd be satisfied to be legally married with my boyfriend and have it over with. I mean yeah maybe throw a small, and quite nondescript party or something inviting a few family members that want to go and close friends (I'd think that would be much cheaper and saves you from the bane of what I'd think to be the unsatisfactory wedding experience), but really? I don't see the point of wasting all that money just for a ceremony I could care less about being around at all for.such a tedious, ceremony. It also wouldn't help being called "man and husband" or whatever. It's not that being called by my biological sex offends me in any way (it doesn't by the way, pretty much everyone refers to me as a "he" even if I'm technically non-binary), it's that I find it tacky and just off however it's sliced. But in general, I may see the magic in a traditional proposal, but not in a wedding (particularly a traditional one).

Edited by Dustleeshus

I had one. I hated it. I’m not much for being the center of attention. I’m also of an age where all my friends are getting hitched, so I have to buy them all a fruit bowl in exchange for them feeding me for an afternoon. I usually also have to look nice. It’s not really my favorite way to spend an afternoon.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...