Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Everyone Hetero in Equestria Girls?

Literatel

As you know, romance is not a big theme at all (in fact, it is extremely tiny, if non-existent even) in the MLP U=universe, including the Equestria Girls universe. Also, as far as I know, there are no official/canon bisexual/gay/panromantic/etc. relationships in either dimension.

However, if you were transported into the Equestria Girls universe, do you think that, everywhere you looked, everyone would be hetero? Imagine if their world as a real place. If this world were real, then no world wars (or any war at all) would have/be taking place, rape would be non-existent, sex would be alien to everyone, etc. etc. However, do you think that relationships like RarityxApplejack (or any non-hetero relationships) would theoretically be 100% impossible, due to the nature of their universe?

Just like real life, in a human world the chances of everyone being heterosexual are slim to none. That's just how humans are.

5 hours ago, Melody2222 said:

As you know, romance is not a big theme at all (in fact, it is extremely tiny, if non-existent even) in the MLP U=universe, including the Equestria Girls universe. Also, as far as I know, there are no official/canon bisexual/gay/panromantic/etc. relationships in either dimension.

However, if you were transported into the Equestria Girls universe, do you think that, everywhere you looked, everyone would be hetero? Imagine if their world as a real place. If this world were real, then no world wars (or any war at all) would have/be taking place, rape would be non-existent, sex would be alien to everyone, etc. etc. However, do you think that relationships like RarityxApplejack (or any non-hetero relationships) would theoretically be 100% impossible, due to the nature of their universe?

I believe that Trixie, Twilight, and the EqG verion of Starlight are in a love triangle. Maybe Sunset makes it a quadrant. 

24 minutes ago, Phill said:

Did you all forget about Lyra and Bon Bon? They are BEST friends

h94D92CD2

27d.gif

Lyra and Bon Bon? What about the crawny kid and the blue curly hair dude? They went to ship tease to blatantly holding hands in Rollercoaster of Friendship  :dash:. Anyway, I'll think it's like in real life, not all are straight, but the vast majority of pastel humans are :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

I don’t understand your reasoning.

I think we can safely say that Lyra and Bon Bon are not straight. I strongly suspect Sunset isn’t straight either. The mane six might be straight (let me live in denial about RariJack, please), but it’s not guaranteed. 

Considering that canterlot high is a fraction of a portion of a segment of a sample of a percent of the population of their planet, there's no real way to deduce if anyone is gay or bi. If anything, hetero appears to be the minority while everyone acts asexual. Pinkie, Fluttershy, AJ and even Dash strike me as not swinging either way. Kids weren't exactly pairing off to dance at the fall formal. The only ones who've shown even an inkling of sexuality are princess twi with Flash, Rarity (at least her pony half), Starlight (maybe with Sunburst), and heavily implied w/ LyraBon. 

applejack_fell_asleep_by_luminaura-dab9pwy.png

Cadence shipping.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think the probability of everyone in EQG universe to be heterosexual is slim to none.

As many have said, there have been several hints of attraction between same sex characters but none concrete evidence on any couple yet.

Edited by DonMaguz

I know for sure RD is Pansexual, just from how she treats Fluttershy. But as for like background characters or ponies with no name its 50/50

like, id like to think 50 percent of Equestrians dont identify as straight...and Id also like to think Lyra and Bon Bon are more than just friends.

Heres a quote from my non brony friend:

"Yo, those horses are waaay to friendly to each other. I mean, I like you and all, but im not gonna nuzzle you. Only lovers nuzzle."

(edited)

Why do people always overlook the "possibly more than friends" athlete Curly Winds and techie Wiz Kid?

Just look at the scene when they first help each other out fixing the gym:

Heck, at 1:35 Twilight has a look that says, "Those two look cute together!"

Here's one from the Climax of Rainbow Rocks:

1287244224_WizKidandCurlyWindssingsongoutloud.thumb.png.6549f37c361b3d9c81e1328918856259.png

Them cheering during Rainbow Dash's Rally song in Friendship Games

1594103553_WizKidandCurlyWindsatGymCheer.jpg.b2e774b00f21d70335285315f6c954d9.jpg

Here's a strong one that's usually unnoticed, being from a deleted duet version of What More is Out There.

1593603219_WizKidandCurlyWindsinDeletedsong.jpg.dfd88df6d0e08fd90becbc648fef17a6.jpg

And here's one of them working at the gym.

1999816299_WizKidandCurlyWindsWorkout.jpg.caefd1b69b162fe5ec79f9ac0582b5a7.jpg

Okay, if the fanbase can ship Lyra and Bon Bon together, why can't they be shipped?

Much like Real Life, there's nothing wrong with a possible homosexual relationship between two really good friends.

Edited by Wholly Windcharger
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Why do people always overlook the "possibly more than friends" athlete Curly Winds and techie Wiz Kid?

Just look at the scene when they first help each other out fixing the gym:

Heck, at 1:35 Twilight has a look that says, "Those two look cute together!"

Here's one from the Climax of Rainbow Rocks:

1287244224_WizKidandCurlyWindssingsongoutloud.thumb.png.6549f37c361b3d9c81e1328918856259.png

Them cheering during Rainbow Dash's Rally song in Friendship Games

1594103553_WizKidandCurlyWindsatGymCheer.jpg.b2e774b00f21d70335285315f6c954d9.jpg

Here's a strong one that's usually unnoticed, being from a deleted duet version of What More is Out There.

1593603219_WizKidandCurlyWindsinDeletedsong.jpg.dfd88df6d0e08fd90becbc648fef17a6.jpg

And here's one of them working at the gym.

1999816299_WizKidandCurlyWindsWorkout.jpg.caefd1b69b162fe5ec79f9ac0582b5a7.jpg

Okay, if the fanbase can ship Lyra and Bon Bon together, why can't they be shipped?

Much like Real Life, there's nothing wrong with a possible homosexual relationship between two really good friends.

The Rarijack in Rollercoaster was so big, THAT Y'ALL MISSED THIS?

1788294__safe_screencap_curly+winds_gold

• Brohoof 5

Personally I think both pony's and humans (depending on the series your watching) view sexuality as a "I like it or I don't like it" personal choice. Some like the opposite sex, some the same one, some both, some enjoy things a little more topic locking than others but the only time there's actual judgement involved for others are if it causes someone else harm against their will Anything other than isn't going to get more than an "Awwww how cute a couple" or "rats I was hoping to date him/her" reaction. Even in Equestria Girls if you asked one of them a question like this topic I honestly think the reaction would be to stare at you in bewilderment before saying something along the lines of "Ummm . . . I don't . . . Wait Lyra and Bon Bon aren't I think oh and Ted and Steve (or whatever that blue haired kid and his date are called)." They'd then try to set you up with a cute guy/girl since your obviously looking for someone of the same sex to date but are too shy to approach them. Situations like we got in our world with people being killed or drugged/operated on to "fix them" just would never happen because they wouldn't see it as a problem in the first place.

50 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Aww. That's cute! Thank you for pointing that out! :wub:

(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 8:30 AM, Phill said:

Did you all forget about Lyra and Bon Bon? They are BEST friends

h94D92CD2

27d.gif

hmm... nah.

Edited by R.D.Dash

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Nah, it just happened to be a quick transition. Not everyone watches rewinding and pausing.

6 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Nah, it just happened to be a quick transition. Not everyone watches rewinding and pausing.

Still surprising considering how the fandom is :dash:

+

3 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Still surprising considering how the fandom is :dash:

+

I just like the comparison between Trixie not even looking up from her map? compared to how people in our world react to something like this to her its completely normal.

34 minutes ago, Senko said:

I just like the comparison between Trixie not even looking up from her map? compared to how people in our world react to something like this to her its completely normal.

But people get crazy over shipping, and non hetero are a godsend for many, and that one got over the heads for many :D