Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Everyone Hetero in Equestria Girls?

Literatel

20 hours ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Why do people always overlook the "possibly more than friends" athlete Curly Winds and techie Wiz Kid?

Just look at the scene when they first help each other out fixing the gym:

Heck, at 1:35 Twilight has a look that says, "Those two look cute together!"

Here's one from the Climax of Rainbow Rocks:

1287244224_WizKidandCurlyWindssingsongoutloud.thumb.png.6549f37c361b3d9c81e1328918856259.png

Them cheering during Rainbow Dash's Rally song in Friendship Games

1594103553_WizKidandCurlyWindsatGymCheer.jpg.b2e774b00f21d70335285315f6c954d9.jpg

Here's a strong one that's usually unnoticed, being from a deleted duet version of What More is Out There.

1593603219_WizKidandCurlyWindsinDeletedsong.jpg.dfd88df6d0e08fd90becbc648fef17a6.jpg

And here's one of them working at the gym.

1999816299_WizKidandCurlyWindsWorkout.jpg.caefd1b69b162fe5ec79f9ac0582b5a7.jpg

Okay, if the fanbase can ship Lyra and Bon Bon together, why can't they be shipped?

Much like Real Life, there's nothing wrong with a possible homosexual relationship between two really good friends.

Those are all really cute, but I mostly noticed Lyra/Bon Bon because they were so popular in the fandom, and because they had speaking roles that one time. Wonder if there's interesting fan art or fanfiction of this. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

One of the reasons I like MLP (and EQG) is that there is not a lot of romance there. If a show is about romance, then I am OK with it (I guess if I watch a show where romance is a big part, then I am in the mood to watch romance), but I don't really like the romance subplots in other shows.

So, the fact that MLP and EGQ does not have that many romance subplots is a positive thing for me.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno about that one. I heard recently one of the EQG writers said Sunset Shimmer is bisexual. And of course we still see Lyra and Bon Bon together. Everyone's favorite lesbians lol.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/26/2018 at 6:29 AM, Steve Piranha said:

The Rarijack in Rollercoaster was so big, THAT Y'ALL MISSED THIS?

1788294__safe_screencap_curly+winds_gold

Does this hand holding happens in Equestria as well, with ponies? (Hoof holding, doesn't really work huh?).

And yes I missed that moment. I probably missed a lot in Rollercoaster special because it was kinda all over the place.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Splashee said:

Does this hand holding happens in Equestria as well, with ponies? (Hoof holding, doesn't really work huh?).

And yes I missed that moment. I probably missed a lot in Rollercoaster special because it was kinda all over the place.

Yep I saw that and I personally consider that to be differnt to Equestrian geastures. Ponies in general are a lot more physically open and loving with each other than humans so I'd be a lot more likely to consider the two in that picture as boyfriends than a pony pair nuzzling each other because the later are constantly touching other ponies e.g. hoof in the mouth, biting their tail to hold them in place, hugs about the only thing they seem to reserve for their special somepony is kissing.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Senko said:

Yep I saw that and I personally consider that to be differnt to Equestrian geastures. Ponies in general are a lot more physically open and loving with each other than humans so I'd be a lot more likely to consider the two in that picture as boyfriends than a pony pair nuzzling each other because the later are constantly touching other ponies e.g. hoof in the mouth, biting their tail to hold them in place, hugs about the only thing they seem to reserve for their special somepony is kissing.

And with that, it also makes it really difficult to make it visible in the show, because it becomes to visible. Especially when the show is about friendship, and not about love.

I really enjoyed the Lyra Bonbon scene in "Slice of Life", because it was perfectly balanced. If you knew what was going on, you just saw it immediately. If you had no clue, you just looked passed it. But those things are really hard to put in a pony show.

Equestria Girls has somehow managed to include the unique relationships, as well as showing Derpy almost in every scene, without angry parents stopping it. Or Hasbro stopping it even? Sometimes I wonder who decides what is okay and what is not for both shows.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/7/2018 at 5:26, Literatel said:

Como saben, el romance no es un gran tema (de hecho, es extremadamente pequeño, incluso inexistente) en el universo MLP U =, incluido el universo Equestria Girls. Además, por lo que sé, no hay oficiales / canon bisexual / gay / panromantic / etc. relaciones en cualquier dimensión.

Sin embargo, si fueras transportada al universo de Equestria Girls, ¿crees que, en todos lados, todos serían hetero? Imagina si su mundo fuera un lugar real. Si este mundo fuera real, entonces no habría tenido lugar / no habría guerras mundiales (o ninguna guerra), la violación sería inexistente, el sexo sería ajeno a todos, etc. etc. Sin embargo, ¿cree que las relaciones como RarityxApplejack (o cualquier relación no hetero) teóricamente sería 100% imposible, debido a la naturaleza de su universo.

you are confusing sexual orientation with preferences, you can only be straight, bisexual, homosexual or asexual, pansexuality is a sexual preference.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

SHE IS?!

Yep, all of those fandom ships weren't gone unnoticed by the creators, as a result she dated Flash and Twilight simultaneously.

• Brohoof 1