Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anyone else enjoy killing civilians in video games?

KillerKingBakudan

It's just a game, and let's face it, a lot of civilians in games are a pain in the butt. When they get in the way i nuke 'em. It's just as fun as killing the badguys. Sometimes more so. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I don't like playing video games where you kill anyone, so it's a definite no from me.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, so much. I love games like GTA or Saint's Row and just taking out a machine gun in a busy square and shoot everyone. Or just driving through town, waiting for someone to cut me off or something, so that I can then blockade their car and Desert Eagle them in the face a few times and then set their car on fire. And, of course, I mow down every motorcyclist I come across just to see them flying through the air. It actually pissed me off that in Just Cause 3, they don't die from being run off their bikes by a dude in a tank. Speaking of Just Cause 3, nothing is more fun than 'liberating' a settlement by commandeering a gunship and carpet bombing the entire village several times over.

For more sophisticated slaughter I turn to games like Skyrim, where many NPCs have more-or-less personalities. I then kill them in gruesome ways, resurrect their corpses, and head to the next town over to have my zombie army lay waste to the innocents there. I also may or may not have turned Dragonsreach into a museum of dead children once, by stuffing them all into display cases.

And, of course, there's Prototype, where I'd disguise myself as a civilian and then go on a rampage through town with various horrific superpowers. It's just so cathartic.

• Brohoof 1

i think i do it for novelty value. Sounds really bad, but i always see if I can kill kids first time i play a game just to see what level of destrcution and evil I can play on. Or its normally for a laugh - for exmaple an NPC insults you as random passing dialogue. Or they are actually horrible people, stitch you up on quest rewards etc.

Its all in fun and games, im not a mentalist lol.

3 hours ago, StormBlaze said:

i think i do it for novelty value. Sounds really bad, but i always see if I can kill kids first time i play a game just to see what level of destrcution and evil I can play on. Or its normally for a laugh - for exmaple an NPC insults you as random passing dialogue. Or they are actually horrible people, stitch you up on quest rewards etc.

Its all in fun and games, im not a mentalist lol.

Not entirely related but one of my favorite Baldur's gate 2 quests was the one where you can go and get an ingredient you need or outsource it to a couple of low level NPC's. If you outsource it they decide you must have lots of cool loot and try to kill you when they get back. At which point you wipe them out with the greatest of ease and they reload the save game, hand over the item and run away.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit in the original assassin's creed after beating the story, you can kill npcs with no consequences. Thus I mauled the entire line into Jerusalem.

Otherwise I try not to :P

When I first started playing Vice City, yeah, I found it kinda funny, but I don't really do it on purpose anymore. Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I do it all the time in GTA, it's just virtual people so I wouldn't care.

Spoiler

And because I mod GTA San Andreas alot, it's a lot more fun. Who wouldn't want to run over people while riding on Yoshi?

1023314333_GTA_SA2018-08-0216-52-59-118.mp4_snapshot_01.19_2018_08_15_17_28_15.thumb.jpg.ad0b13dd7e9de586d70cf93944224a5f.jpg

Edited by Flow

I usually do it if there is a character who is especially in need of it. Nazeem from Skyrim for example. Yes Nazeem, I have been to the cloud district, how the hell do you think I became thane of Whiterun?

As killing civilians may sound satisfying at first, they don't feel as rewarding as killing hostile civilians. One such game such as Scarface prevents the main character, Tony Montana, from ever killing civilians. Sure you can play as other characters to kill them, but they don't feel rewarding. Hell, even Montana himself openly refuse to shoot civilians. Even running them over means they only get slightly injured, but that's it.

GTA is different, especially GTA V, but even I have a bit of code of honor in me unless they're drivers who intentionally drives in the way and if pedestrians were to run towards a line of fire while dealing with hostile NPCs. And I wouldn't feel bad in taking out gangsters as well, since they're obviously hostile and seriously unfriendly to innocent civilians at all.

• 2 years later...

Trapping people in the lion cages in Zoo Tycoon. Putting people in the shark tank and removing the ladder.

Having numerous tornadoes hit the schools in School Tycoon. 

Not finishing Roller coasters in Roller Coaster Tycoon so people would crash.

Tycoon games brought me a lot of joy as a kid. Tormenting innocent people that is. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Blitzo said:

Trapping people in the lion cages in Zoo Tycoon. Putting people in the shark tank and removing the ladder.

Having numerous tornadoes hit the schools in School Tycoon. 

Not finishing Roller coasters in Roller Coaster Tycoon so people would crash.

Tycoon games brought me a lot of joy as a kid. Tormenting innocent people that is. 

Do you do this, too, @Kyoshi?

Eating civilians in "Rampage World Tour" was fun. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do you do this, too, @Kyoshi?

Eating civilians in "Rampage World Tour" was fun. 

Nothing says fun like deleting the fences of the animal’s cages and letting them all be free. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Splinter Cell, if you take advantage of some glitch in the C.I.A. mission you're good to go:ph3ar:  

Splinter Cell:  Chaos Theory, the New York Penthouse mission let's you do this to everyone except an old man who works on an outdated machine:mustache:  

Midnight Club 2, car :mlp_icwudt:equipped with nitrous or motorcycle, you can't go wrong:squee:  

I do, and I know this is petty but I do sometime imagine these civilians as the people irl that I hate, I even give them the name of the people I don't like :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't we all guilty of this from time to time? Sometimes when I play Skyrim and am extremely bored at the time I'll do it. But I really only enjoy it if I'm playing as a character who is supposed to be Evil. I have sort of a DND nerd mindset.

• Brohoof 1