Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion

Iam

(edited)

Hello everypony!

When I joined the forum few days ago, I could watch main forum image of Twilight alicorn sitting or lying on "MLP Forums" text, today I see Pinkie Pie doing something with sort of weird machine and changed style of text "MLP Forums".

What I suggest is personalized MLP Forums picture, one or more for everypony, such as the whole Mane 6, Starlight, Sunset and many other characters. I hope this will bring more happiness for people, who have some favourite pony and want it to expose for show for them and only them. Every account could change MLP Forums picture for themselfs, so one account could see Spike for example and other could see Starlight, like me. Of course MLP Forum picture would be personalized by one or two simple setting types.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day. =)

Edited by Iam
*reducing misunderstanding and typos*
  • Brohoof 1

I like the suggestion but in the end, it's more work for the staff of the site to implement such a feature. The Adminstrators change the banner when they can at all. Maybe talk to @Jeric about it and see what he says.

• Brohoof 1

I could have sworn they used to change it every week but now I'm not so sure. Curious to know if that's because of limited time dedicated to it or a lack of adequate submissions. I like the surprise affect the current system has. It has the feel of reading from a fortune cookie only it's a bit of art. I was ever so slightly worried with the last rarity themed banner as it showed the forums redesigned around her and I think that resulted from someone jokingly suggesting that actually happen. Very amusing but the amount of support that mare gets :laugh:

Like drop down menu somewhere containing selections for different styles for the site? I dont remember when but there was once one somewhere when it was about the april fools style 

though 6 or so different styles for the site is maybe bit overkill and i dont really think it offers that much of a benefit as most users would still use the default one 

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Johan said:

Like drop down menu somewhere containing selections for different styles for the site? I dont remember when but there was once one somewhere when it was about the april fools style 

though 6 or so different styles for the site is maybe bit overkill and i dont really think it offers that much of a benefit as most users would still use the default one 

I think the biggest reason that the staff don't want to have multiple themes for the site is because if one theme breaks, all of them break. That requires a HUGE amount of work for the staff to fix. That is probably the biggest reason there is only this theme since an IPB update may just break another theme if there were multiple themes.

• Brohoof 4

19 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I think the biggest reason that the staff don't want to have multiple themes for the site is because if one theme breaks, all of them break. That requires a HUGE amount of work for the staff to fix. That is probably the biggest reason there is only this theme since an IPB update may just break another theme if there were multiple themes.

Exactly why it will never happen. 

Banners are selected based on user submissions or to promote events. Because of that, we wouldn't consider customizing them per user because we want to recognize a banner creator and we want to promote events. The amount of banners we receive would diminish if you reduce the chances people will see it systematically like that.

And that Pinkie is next to her Yovidophone. I need to fix the artist name on that. ;)

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Starlightglim said:

Feeling pinkie keen from season 1

Season 8 Episode 18 Yakity Sax

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

My question what episode was that Pinkie and machine 

Brand new one that aired on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

that means the banner is a kinda spoiler for those like me waiting til it comes out normally? :O

Depends. It was aired on an official network, not leaked, and we traditionally allow visual spoilers on anything aired including promos. We had a Starlight Glimmer banner before Season Five aired as just one example. That said, we won't spoiler fun surprises though. Like we would never post a banner of Spike's with wings or the CMC with marks before airing. Anything one can glean from the synopsis is fair game. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 4:33 PM, TheTaZe said:

They can't even get one theme to work, so just thinking of having multiple ones should be prohibited. Just kidding! :derp::D;) 

Even if they'd manage to do science and add switchable banners via profile settings of some sort (all in one theme), it still could break in the future updates, so it's not even about the number of themes. :P Many features were lost in the battle... Now look what happens when I click my badge to see the list of them. :c

Spoiler

X4F4iPc.gif

(clicking on it was opening a small window with the list of all badges and their requirements)

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1