Nye

New Reactions and Emojis! :D :D

Recommended Posts

@Jeric

So, now the reactions are based on Rarity. Great. :-D

I hope each of the Mane 6 gets a turn.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Rarity's reactions related to NY's fashion week?

Also... Rarity's brohoof has a closer resemblance to a hoof kick and it is hilarious.

Rarity's reactions are best reactions.

Spoiler

Probably on par with Trixie's eventual reactions, but we'll have to wait to be sure...

 

  • Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@Jeric

So, now the reactions are based on Rarity. Great. :-D

I hope each of the Mane 6 gets a turn.

They will.

13 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Are Rarity's reactions related to NY's fashion week?

That they are. :darling:

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new reactions for the special events, but could we please get a 'laugh' reaction at some point? I often give brohoofs to posts that make me laugh and I'd love to have the option again. :twi:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dreambiscuit Yeah, I asked for 'laugh' reaction too some time ago, for the same reason you've provided. I guess we're supposed to be thankful to the ones, who misuse the reaction system, because it was said, that this kind of reaction could be used to annoy people. You know, laughing at someone's problems or opinions, without even stating why. Just 'lol' at the post and carry on. It is considered as a serious threat. :mlp_icwudt:

Now that it was mentioned, I wonder how did '....' reaction manage to survive. EqE4vfd.png

How users didn't misuse it so far? It just asks to be used to annoy users. :darling:

SS_You_got_to_be_kidding.png

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rikifive said:

@Dreambiscuit Yeah, I asked for 'laugh' reaction too some time ago, for the same reason you've provided. I guess we're supposed to be thankful to the ones, who misuse the reaction system, because it was said, that this kind of reaction could be used to annoy people. You know, laughing at someone's problems or opinions, without even stating why. Just 'lol' at the post and carry on. It is considered as a serious threat. :mlp_icwudt:

Now that it was mentioned, I wonder how did '....' reaction manage to survive. EqE4vfd.png

How users didn't misuse it so far? It just asks to be used to annoy users. :darling:

Okay, that seems to explain it pretty well. At least there's a real reason for it rather than something merely being overlooked.

*moment of silence for the loss of the laugh reaction*

Oh well, we'll have to get by without it then. :pout:

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laugh is still part of the reaction system. It was only taken down temporarily because I forgot to find a Sunset laugh image. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this one looks great:

tall.jpeg

  • yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, maybe we could have front-faces of ponies as smilies?

These could help to make some forums games with letting ponies talk to each other, like I did recently.

Just an idea, what do you think about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this starlight image is quite adorable as a emoticon.

glimmeraww.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bas said:

I think this starlight image is quite adorable as a emoticon.

glimmeraww.png

I’ll use that if someone can make one that fits the current visual style we use for emotes. Both emotes and reactions have their own styles that we keep consistent 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

:stressed:

I want us to rename this emoticon to :angryrity:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B)  I think I'll try the new emojis and see what I think.  I might get to like them as much as I did the older ones.    :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of emoticons, is there a reason some of the emoticons have that 'mlp' prefix in their names?

Spoiler

kyfnvaw.png

It's harder to :icwudt: when it's harder to type out. :mlp_icwudt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Speaking of emoticons, is there a reason some of the emoticons have that 'mlp' prefix in their names?

 

Yes, because when I tried to change it months ago it broke all of them .... I can't change their name ._.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww :awed:

The quick-search-list with emoticons doesn't always want to pop out (well known bugs with mentioning/emoticons), so I'm not always able to take the shortcut - In that case I either have to manually pick emoticon from the list under emoji button in the editor or remember to put "mlp_" when typing these out. That's a bummer. :derp:

Well, I guess I'll simply have to deal with this. :mlp_icwudt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright... Apple family reactions are the best reactions ever!!! :mlp_yeehaa:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think it would of been clever if the Big Mac smile was just Big Mac with a neutral expression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too used to give teacups that it's an always missed reaction.

I know this is a very late idea but... I could see a mug of cider to be a more fitting icon for this event's 'teacup reaction'. Not an official request, just sharing the idea because I didn't see the reaction. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2018 at 6:48 PM, DonMaguz said:

I'm too used to give teacups that it's an always missed reaction.

I know this is a very late idea but... I could see a mug of cider to be a more fitting icon for this event's 'teacup reaction'. Not an official request, just sharing the idea because I didn't see the reaction. 

Put a pin in that (the cider reaction) ;)

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just considered...wouldn't a hug reaction be a nice thing to have?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bas said:

I just considered...wouldn't a hug reaction be a nice thing to have?

I don't think it's small enough to be an emoji.... But it is a good idea. Could you provide an example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.