Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Reactions and Emojis! :D :D

Nye

Are Rarity's reactions related to NY's fashion week?

Also... Rarity's brohoof has a closer resemblance to a hoof kick and it is hilarious.

Rarity's reactions are best reactions.

Spoiler

Probably on par with Trixie's eventual reactions, but we'll have to wait to be sure...

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@Jeric

So, now the reactions are based on Rarity. Great. :-D

I hope each of the Mane 6 gets a turn.

They will.

13 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Are Rarity's reactions related to NY's fashion week?

That they are. :darling:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I love the new reactions for the special events, but could we please get a 'laugh' reaction at some point? I often give brohoofs to posts that make me laugh and I'd love to have the option again. :twi:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

@Dreambiscuit Yeah, I asked for 'laugh' reaction too some time ago, for the same reason you've provided. I guess we're supposed to be thankful to the ones, who misuse the reaction system, because it was said, that this kind of reaction could be used to annoy people. You know, laughing at someone's problems or opinions, without even stating why. Just 'lol' at the post and carry on. It is considered as a serious threat. :mlp_icwudt:

Now that it was mentioned, I wonder how did '....' reaction manage to survive. EqE4vfd.png

How users didn't misuse it so far? It just asks to be used to annoy users. :darling:

SS_You_got_to_be_kidding.png

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Rikifive said:

@Dreambiscuit Yeah, I asked for 'laugh' reaction too some time ago, for the same reason you've provided. I guess we're supposed to be thankful to the ones, who misuse the reaction system, because it was said, that this kind of reaction could be used to annoy people. You know, laughing at someone's problems or opinions, without even stating why. Just 'lol' at the post and carry on. It is considered as a serious threat. :mlp_icwudt:

Now that it was mentioned, I wonder how did '....' reaction manage to survive. EqE4vfd.png

How users didn't misuse it so far? It just asks to be used to annoy users. :darling:

Okay, that seems to explain it pretty well. At least there's a real reason for it rather than something merely being overlooked.

*moment of silence for the loss of the laugh reaction*

Oh well, we'll have to get by without it then. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

Laugh is still part of the reaction system. It was only taken down temporarily because I forgot to find a Sunset laugh image. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bas said:

I think this starlight image is quite adorable as a emoticon.

glimmeraww.png

I’ll use that if someone can make one that fits the current visual style we use for emotes. Both emotes and reactions have their own styles that we keep consistent 

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of emoticons, is there a reason some of the emoticons have that 'mlp' prefix in their names?

Spoiler

kyfnvaw.png

It's harder to :icwudt: when it's harder to type out. :mlp_icwudt:

40 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Speaking of emoticons, is there a reason some of the emoticons have that 'mlp' prefix in their names?

Yes, because when I tried to change it months ago it broke all of them .... I can't change their name ._.

• Brohoof 1

Aww :awed:

The quick-search-list with emoticons doesn't always want to pop out (well known bugs with mentioning/emoticons), so I'm not always able to take the shortcut - In that case I either have to manually pick emoticon from the list under emoji button in the editor or remember to put "mlp_" when typing these out. That's a bummer. :derp:

Well, I guess I'll simply have to deal with this. :mlp_icwudt:

I'm too used to give teacups that it's an always missed reaction.

I know this is a very late idea but... I could see a mug of cider to be a more fitting icon for this event's 'teacup reaction'. Not an official request, just sharing the idea because I didn't see the reaction. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:48 PM, DonMaguz said:

I'm too used to give teacups that it's an always missed reaction.

I know this is a very late idea but... I could see a mug of cider to be a more fitting icon for this event's 'teacup reaction'. Not an official request, just sharing the idea because I didn't see the reaction. 

Put a pin in that (the cider reaction) ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...