Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Reactions and Emojis! :D :D

Nye

7 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Apparently people where abusing shrugged, though I don’t see how that would works. Other than crazy, the only ones I see being abused would be shocked (pretty much the same implications as crazy) and sad (the implication being that you’re so stupid that you’re being pitied). Along with teacup shrug seems to signify respectful disagreement. 

I love giving teacups. I see it as a generic "Good post!" so that's what I use. I like it better than brohoof.

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

There will probably always be a Twi, though she may not always be the smiling reaction. I am going to rotate through some over time so they don't get stale. Teacup will always be there though. 

Thank you for my teacups! It's the reaction I use 99.9% of the time.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I love giving teacups. I see it as a generic "Good post!" so that's what I use. I like it better than brohoof.

Teacup can do it all. It means everything and anything at once. 

• Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, Nye said:

Was I the first to notice the change? @Jeric I haven't seen any other threads like this. 

I don't know. There was a status update that I initially participated in (and was actually changing some of them as I was replying) ... 

• Brohoof 1

So can somepony react to this with "i see"

I want to collect reactins on my feed to have them even when they're gone. And i fear that one won't last long

16 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Teacups have no inherent emotion, so it is up to the user to project their emotions upon it. I use it in different ways depending on context. 

2 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Teacups have no inherent emotion, so it is up to the user to project their emotions upon it. I use it in different ways depending on context. 

I equate teacups with Trixie's joy over mastering the spell. teacups are a happy making thing for me!

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, the only reaction I've ever used was the 'brohoof' given that I was around before they began adding new ones in the first place. Perhaps the time is right for me to start using the other ones since they are there and all.

• Brohoof 3

On 7/25/2018 at 11:14 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Rest in peace Shrug Pinkie, we are all pondering what happened to you.

large.png

I like both of the new reactions, especially the one of Starlight. Easily one of my favorite meme bait images from the show.

full.jpeg

If that is from a real episode could I get the name?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Unity said:

If that is from a real episode could I get the name?

Marks for Effort. It's indeed real, it's not the first time the characters in the show have made meme expressions or referenced memes. Just watch Pinkie Apple Pie, an episode from years ago.

mlp_fim___pinkie_apple_pie_by_dashiesparkle-d722ton.png

Edited by CloudMistDragon

8 minutes ago, Kevin Tang said:

Can I get this one IMG_20180728_151821.jpg.32fe1b6520b1d2461dc6bb481e0033bd.jpg for the reactions? :maud:

we don't need a crazy 2.0 thanks

as a side note, i've said this in a status update before, but thank the gods above for removing the "crazy" reaction

• Brohoof 2

I quite like the new reactions. The pondering Rarity is an especially nice addition, and not just simply because it's Rarity. :D

On 7/26/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ganondox said:

tenor.gif

On 7/28/2018 at 4:20 AM, Kevin Tang said:

Can I get this one IMG_20180728_151821.jpg.32fe1b6520b1d2461dc6bb481e0033bd.jpg for the reactions? :maud:

I don't want to duplicate emoticons into reactions especially considering the limited real estate of the reactions UI. 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:29 AM, Annie said:

we don't need a crazy 2.0 thanks

as a side note, i've said this in a status update before, but thank the gods above for removing the "crazy" reaction

Aye. I do want to point out that while the crazy reaction was unquestionably abused, I'm not opposed to occasionally rotating in reactions that are more nuanced. For instance, @Goat-kun posted Spike's raised eyebrow and something like that would be more in line with what I'm thinking may work as a compromise to the whole reaction kerfuffle.

• Brohoof 2

I also find a lack of 'laugh' reaction. I think I have mentioned that already before, but I keep bumping into this. :P 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

I also find a lack of 'laugh' reaction. I think I have mentioned that already before, but I keep bumping into this. :P 

Shoot me a good laugh vector that isn't represented by the characters already on there. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Can we have a reaction that represents "no"?

No. I don't want reactions that can be abused because some users here decide to childishly target other users. I specifically removed Crazy and Shrug because of that (something I do not apologize for and would do a thousand times over again). 

• Brohoof 3

Too bad Twilight is already taken... :mlp_icwudt:

e7bOORD.png

1wfXB92.png

Just kidding! :D 

~I sent a message, though I don't have any specific ideas for that one to be honest. :derp:

7 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Can we have a reaction that represents "no"?

Yep, as Jeric said, members had problems with "no"-type reactions, because users tended to throw these and leave without a word. The idea is, that if you disagree with somebody, reply to them stating why, rather than just putting "no" and move along. It's like giving critique - it won't be constructive, nor appreciated at all if you'll only say "it's bad". :twi:

So there were complaints, the reactions were removed.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Nye said:

Make Twithonk a reality. :D 

wwVNt9j.png

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The lack of Sunset Shimmer emotes makes me sad. :sunny:

I was looking for images with her laughing, but couldn't find anything, that would fit there well. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Seeing that Rarity reaction in the menu there, it really was something that was missing from there before and now my silent voice yearning for Rarity in the reactions is finally pleased and I am pleased as well 

Refreshes me every time I open that menu even if I  don't use them but just seeing it there is enough for me to enjoy it and the it's presence in the system as a part of the experience here.

I think when rotating them keeping one of each would be good starting points then always adding one odd one out there for a good measure. I think like that it kinda keeps it together and still opens up opportunities for new refreshments

19 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Rikifive

I sent these to @Jeric in a Status Update.

I believe users would like to see her in pony form, though I may be mistaking.

The second image perhaps could work. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1