Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Reactions and Emojis! :D :D

Nye

3 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Where did my teacups go? It took a while to find it, but you DID say teacups are going nowhere!

Oh it's still there. ;)

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I just checked again, very carefully. It's not there.

Take a deep breath and relax. It's an event day. It is still there on the server. 

• Brohoof 1

These Twilight reactions are great! :P I do admit though I miss the screaming Applejack reaction. Hopefully it’ll back in time for fall and Halloween...

Edited by Cwanky

I'm still babbled why there's no emote to express laughter, the closest thing was the SciTwi emote or the Twimote before that but now they're gone :wacko: .

• 2 weeks later...

Just follow my threads, and post around
Be careful not to break a rule
*double posted*
No, don't do that!

I love that reaction! :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Rikifive

10 hours ago, Jeric said:

I just added a new reaction for one week only. It's non pony, but I think a few might appreciate it. 

Who is that Number One Reaction person?

• Brohoof 1

@Jeric

Someone musunderstood the "I see" Starlight to mean that I wasn't talking them seriously. It came out wrong I think the reaction should be swapped out with something else.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

@Jeric

Someone musunderstood the "I see" Starlight to mean that I wasn't talking them seriously. It came out wrong I think the reaction should be swapped out with something else.

I knew it will be interpreted that way by someone sooner or later. (as I was confused at first myself and brought that up too)

This is the only reaction, that requires a relatively high amount of knowledge about MLP to understand it properly - assuming not having that spoilered. Even after I was told what does it exactly mean, or rather, what backstory~context it has, I still don't feel comfortable using it, as it simply looks quite offensive, if the other user won't be aware of its meaning. This is why I have never used it so far, as I know, that many users either do not really watch the show (anymore or at all) or are simply just starting. :twi:

Now please do not get me wrong; I don't mind that reaction. I just wanted to explain the concern I had back then, that Jeric may remember, as he explained the meaning of that reaction to me. (I have to catch up with the show heh)

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people want there to be a laughter reaction. While it has its benefits, I think it is open to abuse just as much as the crazy reaction. For example, if someone makes a serious post in a debate thread, someone else can use the reaction as a way of saying that their arguments are laughable. Such act is non-constructive at best, and passive-aggressive targeting at worst. I've seen it done in Facebook, and I don't want it to be done here.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:15 AM, Will Guide said:

It came out wrong

I dont think its possible to have a system where it is impossible to misunderstand. No matter what you put there people will always interpret them differently and use them differently. Best way to convey your intentions i think still is talking to the other person I think the system serves more as addition to that 

Edited by Error 404
  • Brohoof 3

On 7/25/2018 at 11:41 PM, Jeric said:

Teacup can do it all. It means everything and anything at once. 

Teacup is a more dapper brohoof, to me. You go to visit your casual friends in Ponyville, you give brohoofs. But you wanna be classy at your weekend stay in Canterlot, you send teacups.

• Brohoof 2

On 8/29/2018 at 7:15 PM, Will Guide said:

@Jeric

I'm not going to manage to the exception. Misunderstandings happen on the internet. The easiest way to correct misunderstandings is to use the highly robust language we both speak to explain your intentions. There is a rule I talk about with the other members of staff called the fallacy of the personal. It's when someone assumes something was personal, when in most cases it is simply in the other person's head. People need to just use their words to explain things, or even ask questions. 

That said, I See was meant to be temporary as I had mentioned several times before. That last slot (or two) is always going to be updated monthly. It's Maud this month. Next month it will be something else. 

30 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'm not going to manage to the exception. Misunderstandings happen on the internet. The easiest way to correct misunderstandings is to use the highly robust language we both speak to explain your intentions. There is a rule I talk about with the other members of staff called the fallacy of the personal. It's when someone assumes something was personal, when in most cases it is simply in the other person's head. People need to just use their words to explain things, or even ask questions. 

That said, I See was meant to be temporary as I had mentioned several times before. That last slot (or two) is always going to be updated monthly. It's Maud this month. Next month it will be something else. 

I wasn't saying you should manage to the exception. I was just saying someone took me giving them the I see Starlight face reaction the wrong way. And I did directly told the misinformed person what I intended to say and they understood. No more problem between us.

Personally I like the Maud reaction better.

Edited by Will Guide