Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most overrated sport?

Octavia Heartstrings

Football is over-rated. I dont see the big fuss about grown men or young adults getting overpaid to run around and get concussions. People say theres strategy, but i dont see it. Plus the fans are just...I get supporting a team, but judging someone based on wether or not they follow the same team as you? Not only that but I came from a town where you literally got beat up for supporting the wrong team.

• Brohoof 3

I'd say all sports are overrated, but football is the worst offender.
No game is worth getting the shit kicked out of you for losing or supporting the wrong team.

• Brohoof 3

I guess ice hockey if I need to choose just one, since it's the most popular sport here, but I think that sports in general are overrated. I just don't see the entertainment in watching people doing things you can't do to win prices you'll never see.

E-sports have always been a joke to me. But really I guess the definition of 'sport' has changed over the decades. Sport and sportsmanship used to be just about that, but now anything that can sell tickets can have the word 'sport' attached to it. In terms of traditional sports that I think are overrated? Well... where I am from ice hockey is a really huge thing, but I don't think it's all that exciting. I'm not really big on football either (soccer). It can be exciting to watch, but the level of emotion some people reach over it is... yeah... > >

(And yes, I understand that it's a popular sport with national pride at stake most everywhere, it just doesn't strike me in particular on that level.)

Nearly every sport to me is overrated and filled with arrogant, overpaid people that act like babies when they don't win (despite being rich as hell), but the one that tops the cake of all of that is US football. One, the name doesn't even make any damn sense. "It is a game where you mostly use your hands, what should we call it? Football! Genius!" Second, the vast majority of the watching experience is start, stop, commercials, start, stop, commercials, start, timeout, commercials commercials and more commercials. It all feels so corporate and boring. Seems like 80% of it are commercials.

The only thing I can take from it is I like the idea of taking pride in your state's team, I like taking any kind of pride in my state, but I wish it didn't have to come from something so static and uninteresting. Sure, I will occasionally watch a game if the Colts are playing, but that is if I have nothing else to do.

4 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Football (Soccer)!

It's super dull

As a hispanic, I'm supposed to love it :dash:.... it's actually my least favorite sport. Damn, I've committed an hispanic heresy :D

Olympic. 

yeah yeah, we get it that these athletes are f**kin great, so what? It has become more of winning rather than bonding. The only bonding I have ever witnessed was in the 2018 winter Olympic opening.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Nearly every sport to me is overrated and filled with arrogant, overpaid people that act like babies when they don't win (despite being rich as hell), but the one that tops the cake of all of that is US football. One, the name doesn't even make any damn sense. "It is a game where you mostly use your hands, what should we call it? Football! Genius!" 

It's called "Football" because the ball is a foot long :fluttershy:

Just now, shyabetes3939 said:

Although if you ask me, a better name would be "Handegg"!

Specially now that Americans are starting to call Soccer, Football as well :dash:

• Brohoof 2