Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most overrated sport?

Octavia Heartstrings

Soccer/European football is just boring. The big international events are fine (minus CONCACAF which is just dirty play) but everything else just ends up feeling like a boring slog to sit through.

Edited by Wandering Weirdo
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Can't say much about basketball cuz I'm not good at it so never had a proper game, but had fun when I played with my friends (who also are not good XD)

I always thought futbol was boring so there's that. American Football, however, is super dangerous and people treat it like it's the beez knees and perfectly alright. 

So I'd say that one, though, it's negative criticism has increased over the last 10 years so it's hard to say that it's overrated. 

• Brohoof 1

Rugby (A.K.A the Australian version of American football. Oh yeah, wearing a short sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts is DEFINITELY gonna protect you while you're tackling the other player. Jesus Christ...), Cricket (which is a watered-down version of Baseball) and (I dunno if this counts as a sport) drag racing (which I refer to it as 'pig-headedness'. Some people think it's a form of 'motorsport'. Yeah, going in a straight-line REALLY shows your skill as a driver...So stupid). I just dont see the appeal in ANY of them. :dash: :confused:

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

American football because everyone scream so at it as if they can control the game. It’s silly cause I get in trouble if I yell at a video game but apparently screaming at the TV which you have no control over is ok?

Edited by ExplosionMare
Noooo I hit space too much
  • Brohoof 2

Sports in general are overrated, overhyped, and boring... But I still have to say, American "football" is the absolute worst and also the most overrated. I could say the Super Bowl exists, but I'm going to go more into it than that. I mean there's no reason for it to even be called football in the first place, because IT ISN'T FOOTBALL and has nothing to do with feet (like real, international football). The game is pretty much just a bunch of men running around a grassy field with a ball... With rules that can be pretty much ignored at a moment's notice by referees, thus they don't seem to matter in context (oh and even by my knowledge of the rules, the refs sometimes WILL ignore even basic rules...). I mean I can at least, somewhat, see the appeal in something like Basketball or Baseball, but "Football" to me is just boring, insanely overhyped, and honestly kind of dumb. I'd rather watch Golf at this point (and Golf is also really boring, but at least it isn't just a bad sport).

Esports are way better than physical ones, though, just saying. Honestly I actually like watching Smash sets.

Edited by Angel_Dust