Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinion on the British Culture?

Literatel

I didn't know there was a stereotype that british people were ugly :ButtercupLaugh: not judging but never heard that b4. I heard the bad dental hygiene stuff but that's about it. British food is alright but if ya in the Londons u can get all the good cultured and good quality food even traditional food is done high standards. 

• 2 months later...

Being from England, I can tell you that we don't walk around with top hats, wearing fancy attire and speaking with a posh British Accent.

In reality it's the complete opposite :please: Too many people are what we call "Chavs". People who tend to wear nothing but tracksuits and speaking with weird slang with words like "innit" and "bruv". Younger Chavs you'll normally find hanging around outside a UK supermarket called Sainsburys for a extended number of hours. Normally harassing anyone who comes near.

• Brohoof 1

Top hats? Lol, not for a long time and I'm pretty sure they were just as popular in America.

I don't like tea but I had crumpets once. They were really good.

I love Harry Potter and The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. And BBC is about the only place that makes good documentaries anymore.

Some people I've encountered outside the UK seem to look on it like some sort of giant Mary Poppins theme park. However, the reality is that it is like playing a game of Scrabble with all the 'a' and 'e' tiles missing. That and it can be like living a Monty Python sketch on a daily basis with both the humor and absurdities going hand in hand. However, despite a vast chunk of the country insisting that it wants to be ruled by the Vogons from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, there is something to be said for its creative and entertainment sector. It has spawned an impressive amount of excellent musicians, writers, comedians, actors and actresses. It is actually imperative to one's survival to indulge in that side of the culture while consuming an endless supply of tea just to maintain whatever sanity you can realistically hold on to.

Although I was born and raised in the UK, I'm probably the wrong person to promote its culture. In hopefully the next couple or so years, I'll be singing "So long and thanks for all the fish" before buggering off to a safe distance.

Side note: We have a tendancy to be rather cynical.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

I like british culture and it's history of how it was the last empire to fall. When I mean fall I mean not being empire anymore, so when Hong Kong became independent, the sun finally set and the hugest empire fell. But other than that, I like British culture and want to take a trip to the UK.

• Brohoof 3

My perception is so messed up from all the weird ways British people are portrayed in my country. I will say though, that I must like British YouTubers because I watch a lot of them (or maybe they’re from the UK, I don’t know anymore...)

• Brohoof 1

I'm British and love my culture. But dislike Royal Famliy (not fond of The Queen), Harry Potter, Sunday Roast Dinner, queuing (British seem to love queuing but being in line with other people & sometime queue seem to not going anywhere) & some tv shows. And dislike most people.And dislike bad experince living in the country

It annoying to hear some people think of it as negetive way.

Edited by Derpy Man

While I still love British music and history, I've learned that they're not that much better than the USA. For one thing, I've seen how the UK has a large TERF community (just think of J.K. Rowling). Then there's Boris Johnson. I used to think more highly of England... Laughing at how absurd it is that us Americans split from them in part because of religious freedom, yet now England has become less religious and the tie between church and state is merely ceremonial at this point, while the US is headed toward theocracy (which is the antithesis of religious freedom), even though our constitution is supposed to protect us from that. But it turns out modern England isn't a place to be, either.

My 'ideal' countries are now Canada and the Scandinavian nations.

23 hours ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Think our culture is ok, I like tea, I like the food, don't like the weather but do like complaining about the weather.

Apart from that not exactly sure I fit the stereotype to be honest.

Yup we love complaining about the weather xD. 

As for the all british people are ugly, I certainly fit that, but I can;t say that "all" is correct. There's a lot of good looking people and besides, who really cares if we're all ugly?

• Brohoof 1

On 9/25/2020 at 10:42 PM, Codelyy said:

Being from England, I can tell you that we don't walk around with top hats, wearing fancy attire and speaking with a posh British Accent.

In reality it's the complete opposite :please: Too many people are what we call "Chavs". People who tend to wear nothing but tracksuits and speaking with weird slang with words like "innit" and "bruv". Younger Chavs you'll normally find hanging around outside a UK supermarket called Sainsburys for a extended number of hours. Normally harassing anyone who comes near.

That sounds hilarious. In America we have the typical drug dealers hanging outside around stores, your average American fat person that takes up the whole aisle in Walmart, and disgusting people. America is full of them. 

• Brohoof 1