Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too Good to be in a Relationship?

Literatel

(edited)

Imagine if you were a non-canon member of the Rainbooms, and you had magical powers. Because you had this gift, as well as a possible destiny to fulfill, would you not enter a relationship with anyone under any circumstances? (Would you think you are too good for them? Would you reject anyone else for their own protection?)

In addition, imagine if you were a native of the EQG world, and you had no powers. Now, imagine if you met and got to know the Rainbooms. If you were attracted to one of them, would you nonetheless consider them more important than you, since they have magical qualities and you would not?

(Also, if you are 18+. either pretend you are a teenager in this scenario, or do not reply at all.)

Edited by Melody2222

I don't know, it seems kinda shallow to assume that magical powers could make a person "more important" than someone else. I think if someone actually feels that way about themselves, they probably don't deserve a relationship anyway, or at least aren't mature enough yet for one. Although that could make an interesting lesson for a future episode. Maybe someone with magical powers finds out that a "normal" person (or pony if it's an episode of FiM) is crushing on them, but they reject them because they aren't "special enough" for them. Then something happens to give the magical one a massive reality check. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Uhh... but the rainbooms DO have magic. Doesn't that make this question kinda moot?

On the second one, dont know if i would feel less important. Most of the characters ive been into over the years have been kinda powerful either by magic or some other thing. It wouldnt bother me. Id be happy just to be able to be supportive. That contribution would be enough. Besides one does not complain about dating rainbow dash.

Actually, this question applies to the pony versions too. While there's a lot more magic in the universe, the mane 6 have a power that no other ponies possess, so that still raises them up to be 'special' in a somewhat different way.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

Generally speaking, I don't see any correlation between a person's abilities and their value. Everyone is equally important regardless of what they can or can't do. Relationships are special in that they transcend ability, instead relying upon compatability :) as such, magic powers have no bearing on something like that.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

sounds a little bit complicated than it should be, they are people first and it should not matter if they have magical abilities or not.

Edited by R.D.Dash