Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Wufksy in Equestria (With Lord Valtasar)

Sphinx-Ara

@Lord Valtasar

Mika was already awake, feeding Justin as he had woken up and had been crying as he was hungry. Mika had some of his music on, not loud enough to wake any still sleeping neighbors but loud enough that the ones who were awake could faintly hear it clearly.

@Mika Greymist
as she headed out, she heard music playing from Mika's appartment, "awake so early?" she thought, it was probably the baby's doing or he could just be an early riser, at the door, she left an advertising leaflet with a note saying "if you need anything, i work there, its not far"

"You HAVE to tell me about it"Abigail was saying "i turn around to teach those imbeciles some manners one momment, and when i turn back the next, you're gone"
"It was for my new neighbors' baby, i couldn't let it starve now could i?"Aya answered shielding herself from the torrent that was sure to follow
"New neighbhors?" she said excited"and with babies too?" she pressed on before aya could answer"How many are they?" again, without waiting for an answer"Do i even wanna know how noisy it gets?"unfased by the customers listening in, she pressing on.."anyone our age among them?" she finished finaly
Aya groaned inwardly,or maybe outloud judging by Abigails reaction"just how many do you think they are?"she asked with a sigh"its just a single person and the baby"
Already forgetting half her unanswered questions, Abigail prepared to throw more when the speakers sounded, asking for assistance in the back of the shop"I'll take that" said Aya eager to take any excuse to avoid having to answer all that in public. she was her friend, and she didn't mind telling her, but she didn't understand the concept of privacy very well

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 1

@Lord Valtasar

Mika had finally managed to calm Justin down and put him in his stroller and took the cookbook that Aya had given to him "Hmm ooh this one looks good, honey roasted pork" he says, licking his lips, grabbing the keys to his car and putting a happy Justin into his car seat, then getting in himself after putting the stroller into the boot of his car.

A few moments later, he had managed to find the store and smiled, singing along to one of his favorite songs he had written for his band and drove around finding a good parking spot close to the entrance.

@Mika Greymist
all in all, it looked like it was going to be a long, long day, double shifts were alsways like that, should she start looking for a new job? she worked here ever since she came to this town,maybe it was time for change

@Lord Valtasar

Mika then smiles as he wheels Justin's stroller into the store and looked at hte cookbook "Hmm steak, vegetables, and sauce, oh and some herbs, that should be easy enough" he thinks to himself as he starts looking through  the aisles for what he needs, Justin happily playing with a plush of his.

@Mika Greymist
returning from the back of the shop, she spotted Mika and justin in an aisle, a smirk appeared on her face, she approached from an angle he wouldn't be able to spot her and said "can i help you with anything sir?"

@Lord Valtasar

Mika's ears perk as he heard the familiar voice and then turns around "Ah hey there Aya" he says with a smile "Actually, maybe you can, I'm actually getting some things for some of the recipes in the book you gave me, if you could give me some recommendations on what the best brands would be to get, that'd be great"

@Mika Greymist
she looked at the page to see which one he had chosen, ah yes, that was one of the recipes from her homeworld, she had actually changed some of the vegetables to fit the ones here
she pointed the ingredients and then told him in a hushed voice,"as for the meat,you'd better go buy it from the butcher across the street,just don't let my boss know i sent you elsewhere"
she looked behind her back just to make sure no-one heard,then glancing at justin, she smiled and said, "i have to get back to work now" and headed back to the counter

@Lord Valtasar

"Butcher across the street? Gotcha" he says softly before looking for the other ingredients, looking over at Aya and smiling soft in her direction. He gently pats Justin on the head and putting some things in the cart before getting a few extra snacks and drinks for himself. He then smiles and goes over to the counter, "Hi Aya, I've got what I need, thanks for the help" he says as he starts putting the groceries onto the conveyor belt.

@Mika Greymist
"remember to keep the fire low and cook it slowly,its almost as important as getting the right ingredients" she said as she started the checkout,
from the corner of her eye she saw that Abigail took notice of her knowing him,she'll puzzle it out soon enough. 

@Lord Valtasar

"Low and slow, thanks Aya I'll definitely put it into action tonight, thanks" he says as he pays for the items "Oh and if you need or want a lift home after work, just give me a call" he waves to her as he wheels Justin and the groceries back to his car.

@Mika Greymist
"sure"she said though she didn't have his number,it wasn't that far anyways"thanks for comming by, it gets really boring here, take care,"                                                              .

@Lord Valtasar

Mika smiles and quickly slips her a piece of paper with his number on it, and leaves to go to his car. Justin looks up and waves cutely at Aya before Mika put him into his car seat. Mika looks back to her and smiles brightly at her before getting into the driver's seat and driving off.

@Mika Greymist
She smiled back, and that's when Abigail appeared before her with a huge mischievous grin "so... your new neighbours i suppose?" she said nodding to herself for puzzling it out
"yeah" Aya admited and told her the whole story. well.. she did left out bits, but the general story was there.

Later that day, after Abigail had ended her shift(she didn't have a double shift too) the boss asked her to his office,there he just played a video from the security cameras, and said,"I thought i made it clear last time, that you wouldn't sent the customers to different shops, you can go buy there yourself to your hearts content, but sending the customers away is just not professional,i'm very dissapointed" to make things short, she had to look for a new job soon, it just made her decision easier, she was thinking of finding a new one anyway, but it was still a hard thing to have no job while looking for the next. after hesitating a bit, she dialed the number on the tiny piece of paper Mika has given her
"hello, its me, Aya, i hope i didn't wake justin up, about that lift home.."she tried not to sound as shaken as she was, but she wasn't sure it worked

@Lord Valtasar

Mika smiles softly "No not at all, he's asleep in my room while I just watch TV in the living room" he says but then frowns softly "You need a lift?  Sure, when?" he asks, his ears folded back, having a bad feeling about something. "I'll come right now if you need" he says "Justin is easily moved to the car when he's asleep"

@Mika Greymist
"i need to get back to work.i'll tell you in person once you're here, thanks again. bye" not many customers at the momment, but the last half-hour was when other shops closed and people who worked there rushed to buy their stuff before the market was closed aswel, so they had a mini rush hour. she went back to the counter and faked a smile for them, patiently waiting for it to be over

@Lord Valtasar

About half an hour later, Mika arrived in the carpark of the shopping center with Justin, still asleep in his baby seat, waiting for Aya to finish her shift and get to the car. He knew something was up and just wanted to console her, as that was just in his character to do so.

@Mika Greymist
her shift was finaly over, all of her shifts were over now that she thought about it,she'll need to tell Abigail before she heard it from the boss or she might do something stupid. she closed the shop up, and left the keys inside before latching the lock tight, then scanned around for Mika, she didn't really know what car he had, but there wouldn't be many around here at this hour so it wouldn't be hard to spot him, sure enough, there he was,
"hey, sorry for the last minute call" she lowered her voice when she saw that justin was asleep"sorry, didn't see him sleeping"she entered the car

@Lord Valtasar

He smiles "It's alright Aya, he should be waking up soon enough anyway" he says as he waits for her to buckle up and then starts driving off towards the apartments "So uh, you sounded pretty upset over the phone, want to tell me what's wrong?" he asks, looking over at with a soft and warm smile as they waited at a set of traffic lights.

@Mika Greymist
Aya put the seatbelt on and with a sigh, she started explaining"I lost my job, it was my fault too, I was thinking of quiting for some time now, but the bills won't wait patiently for me to find another job, they'll keep comming"she'll probably end up signing up to a job she hated once again, just because of the pressure"i'm ok now, don't worry, just needed to tell somebody to let it out of my system" but was she ok? no. not really, was it time to move away already? she liked it here, she should give this town another chance, it deserved that much

@Lord Valtasar

Mika's ears fold down against his skull and he frowns "O-oh dear, well, I can help out if needed" he says, trying to reassure her "you helped me out yesterday, so now it's my turn" he says " I mean I know what you did for me yesterday is menial compared to now, but isn't that what friends do for each other? They help each other when needed?"

@Mika Greymist
"that's.. that's very generous of you, but listening to my venting was help enough,justin should be your priority, i'll just have to go on a job hunt again, that's all. if you happen to hear anyone is hiring, let me know" she felt awkward now.. here she was, telling him her problems like it was some big deal, when he has just lost someone he loved and moved to a new town himself, her problems were nothing compared to that, and yet he offered help instead of telling her it was nothing, taking strenghth from his, she decided it all happened for the best
"i'm fine now, thanks for the offer"

@Lord Valtasar

Mika nods "Very well, the offer will always stand though" he says as he continues to drive "And you are welcome, and if I do hear about anyone hiring, I'll definitely let you know...how-ever if I have more than enough bits and see you struggling, don't expect me to just stand by and watch you suffer..the war, it taught me many things" he says "and if it happens, I refuse to take no as an answer"