Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone with mental health issues?

CandyCorn

I had severe OCD and depression when I was a teenager. A lot of my problems at the time stemmed from ennui and being too closed in. But I battled through and got past it. Now that I can live my own life, I have a better perspective on things. 

• Brohoof 1

How I see it, everyone has "mental" issues one way or another. (Aside from ones with the physical disability.)

Edited by TBD

I've been diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and psychosis.  At least, I think I have??  It's kinda hard for me to pay attention and remember my diagnoses...

besides Asperger's/Autism, I have depression, severe anxiety and had paranoia issues for years as a result of said anxiety. There may be something else I missed but those are what I have.

I was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD as a child, and also remember my therapist being concerned with my stress levels. I haven't been to anyone since, like, 2001.

I've been diagnosed with severe social anxiety and depression. My psychiatrist and accompanying social worker actually noted that my case was the worst they'd ever seen. That was years ago. I've since gotten better, mainly because of other changes in my life, but they're still bad enough to be debilitating. 

It's also been suspected that I might have autism, but that's never been followed up on.

• Brohoof 1

I have anxiety and I used to have severe OCD but that kinda got slightly better over time. I still have OCD and it still takes a lot of time each day, it's just a little better than it used to be some years ago.

• Brohoof 2

I have a learning disability and maybe ADD, I know I had ADD when I was a kid really badly mixed with a over hyper imagination so that made grade school even more tough for me. In some situations I will get anxiety but I am also dealing with depression, stress and self esteem problems with my current irl situation. 

It's not so bad lately, but I have suicidal thoughts, sometimes A LOT, I even already planned how I would do it and obtained the sleeping drug I'd use for it. However, since I quit school and can relax, it's getting better, I didn't think of suicide at all the last few weeks, and luckly I have a supportive family, but depression is a common thing in my family. I also talked about suicide, and if someone tells you that a person who talks about commiting suicide won't do it and just wants attention, don't listen to them. It's pretty much a indirect scream for help.

I fell into a bit of a depression after my grandma passed away. I've gotten out of it since but sometimes I fall back, hard.

I've also had insomnia for the past 10 years, that's probably got to do with my mental health as well.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/27/2018 at 8:18 AM, Kyoshi said:

My situation is quite similar to yours, Giggles. I am autistic, but I also have crippling anxiety. It affects most aspects of my life, to the point where at times I literally do nothing. It often makes it where I cannot enjoy anything. I also cannot drive because of it, so that limits me too. Not great. It is nuts the amount of things I will worry about on a daily basis. Even something like social standing on these forums is something I worry about a lot. I sometimes have nervous twitches as a result of this stuff as well.

Beyond that I also have depression and some pretty hardcore self-esteem issues. All of these things are not a great mix. They tend to jumble together to make a clusterbuck of bad moods.

Huh.  I don't remember writing this....   and I could have sworn my name was Justin Case.  :laugh:  Oh, I crack myself up.  Okay, to be clear, the gag here is that everything you said, Kyoshi, applies to me, word for word, so perfectly that it sounds like I could written it.

I'm autistic as well.  Clinical depression.  Anxiety.  Crap self-esteem.  Don't enjoy stuff very much.  Don't drive.  Constantly worrying.  Um....I also have diagnosed obsessive compulsive personality disorder (different from strictly OCD).  Maybe that part's a little different from you?  Prolly not that much, though.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I was diagnosed with panic disorder, chronic depression, insomnia, and borderline personality disorder. I have been receivng treatment for said disorders for many years.

• 2 months later...