Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone with mental health issues?

CandyCorn

I have ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In essence, i am capable to performing a variety of tasks in the most hectic environments at the cost of a low attention span. 

I may be schizophrenic and possibly have bipolar or dissociative identity disorder. 

Also suffering depression and anxiety after my parents divorced. 

• Brohoof 1

I know I posted here already, but I have yet to be diagnosed with anything.

BUT, I suspect that I have the following:

• Higher-Functioning Autism
  • Cyclothymia (Milder version of Bipolar disorder)

I also know for a fact I have issues with Anxiety, Depression, and Passive-Aggressive Anger (although the last of those has gotten better).

Edited by Angel_Dust
Asperger's is not part of the DSM-5.

• 1 year later...

I have received a new diagnosis from my psychiatrist: bipolar depression. I was informed that I do not have regular depression but rather that.

So here is my updated list of shit wrong with me: Bipolar depression, panic disorder, borderline personality disorder, and I have had a few psychotic episodes. Again, I am receiving treatment and will continue to for the rest of my life.

I have undiagnosed anxiety and I’m pretty sure depression. It isn’t bad....although, it seems to be getting a bit worse as the years go by. Unfortunately depression and anxiety run through both sides of my family very heavily, so it’s most likely I do in fact have it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Yo dudes well the usual ones depression, anxiety, social anxiety, bipolar, autism, aspergers, misophonia, adhd, schizophrenia I'm one of those genderfluid persons or trans too yet you know. If it kills me it kills me there are 7.8 billion people so there are enough people just like you that'll continue life haha. 

• Brohoof 1

Going to post an update here.

I have anxiety, and I’m pretty sure I got ADHD and I’m possibly bipolar. I don’t take meds for any of this stuff, because it isn’t crippling or putting a toll on my daily activities and life, or not yet anyways. But the older I get the more noticeable it is so I should probably talk to someone irl about it sooner rather than later. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Going to post an update here.

I have anxiety, and I’m pretty sure I got ADHD and I’m possibly bipolar. I don’t take meds for any of this stuff, because it isn’t crippling or putting a toll on my daily activities and life, or not yet anyways. But the older I get the more noticeable it is so I should probably talk to someone irl about it sooner rather than later. 

Anxiety is pretty normal for a teen so I wouldn't be too worried about it but if you feel bipolar, then maybe it is best to seek advice from a doctor. Don't be too scared to ask, more often than not, it probably isn't very severe, but it is better to be safe than to be sorry. 

Also, a lot of people who claim to have ADHD, just have a short attention span, so in most cases, it;s probably not anything to be worried about. 

Signed Dr Princess 

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥

I'm currently in therapy, hope I get the terms in english correct though

> depression
> PTSD since early childhood due to violence, sexual abuse, mental abuse
> separation anxiety
> general anxiety & panic disorder
> severe self hatred
> body dysphoria 
> dissociation

There's also a strong suspicion that I am on the autism spectrum.

• Brohoof 2

Anxiety, depression, and a variety of other things. Recently, anxiety has been the most notable. It's been difficult to get anything done, and all of life is shades of fear and gray.

1 hour ago, DripMoondrop said:

I'm currently in therapy, hope I get the terms in english correct though

> depression
> PTSD since early childhood due to violence, sexual abuse, mental abuse
> separation anxiety
> general anxiety & panic disorder
> severe self hatred
> body dysphoria 
> dissociation

There's also a strong suspicion that I am on the autism spectrum.

It's brave of you to be open like this. Do try to hang in there.

The only thing I'm sure I have is hypochondria (illness anxiety) and I used to be affected by separation anxiety. I may have had depression before but I never got diagnosed for it.

I often wonder what it must be like to have a "Clear" mind, free of disorders. I can only imagine what life would be like without the enormous burden of my disorder, which is like carrying around another person inside your head. 

• Hugs 1

Oh sure. I have my share. I have major depression, generalized anxiety, ADHD, high-functioning autism and I'm transgender... the last one really throws everything into chaos. And I recently had a psychotic episode so that was fun (not).

(edited)

I think I posted here already, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything in particular yet.

Though I'm inclined to believe I'm on the autism spectrum (it fits way too well), probably have generalized anxiety, and some people may also consider my non-binary identity a "mental health issue." Oh and then there's the trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) that results in me having a few bald lines on my head... :awwthanks:

Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I'm diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder. I particularly feel like I struggle largely with social anxiety which has always been a personal issue for me. And while not diagnosed, some of the shit that has happened in my life has led me to believe that I also have depression and probably PTSD. I also have felt for years that I deal with trichotillomania, which was mentioned as a hair pulling disorder, although in my particular case I have an issue with picking my eyelashes and eyebrows. I feel like that's been an issue even since I was a kid and at this point it's just become a habit.

Edited by SuperNESBrony

i've been diagnosed with major depression, general anxiety, and social anxiety; along with an eating disorder. as a kid i was diagnosed with selective mutism.

We are too poor to test if theres something special in us and too poor to even care and affect us. Now that i have work and got lifted of to being poor to mediocre. I don't have time or money to know this. Do i have mental illness... yes yes i do, and dont need scientific proof for that...waste of money:laugh:

On 8/6/2018 at 11:33 PM, Magic Note said:

besides Asperger's/Autism, I have depression, severe anxiety and had paranoia issues for years as a result of said anxiety. There may be something else I missed but those are what I have.

An update to my post a couple years ago: I also have ADHD and social anxiety, in addition to generalized anxiety.

(edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 6:01 PM, Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ said:

I think I posted here already, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything in particular yet.

Though I'm inclined to believe I'm on the autism spectrum (it fits way too well), probably have generalized anxiety, and some people may also consider my non-binary identity a "mental health issue." Oh and then there's the trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) that results in me having a few bald lines on my head... :awwthanks:

Still this pretty much. Almost 100% sure I'm autistic. To the point I'd identify as such.

Though can't really afford to get any sort of diagnosis, I can say for sure I'm not mentally the most healthy person.

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ