Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff New Staff Position - Event Coordinators

Jeric

As you have noticed in the last month or so, we have taken a renewed interest in community events. From simple events like Baloon Day, to larger events like The Pony World Cup, these events require some planning, creativity, the wisdom to compromise your favorite ideas to fit what we can actually pull off, a genial disposition, and the ability to enthusiastically communicate. 

We want to continue the momentum of these events going forward, but one or two people don't make for the best idea factory. Mods, Sectionals, and Admins usually have their hooves full with an overflowing plate of issues that it does impact how much time they can dedicate to planning and executing the fun stuff. Enter the Event Coordinator position. MLPF'S own team of Party Ponies focused on working with me on event planning and implementation. The role is an official MLPF Staff Role (complete with its own staff badge and title)  though absent the business of actually moderating and policing the site's rules. 

You would be responsible for helping me plan events, coming up with new ideas, helping to encourage activity in specific areas of the site, and helping me to communicate, promote, and execute the events. 

If you are interested you can apply here and we will review your application and get back with you in a few days. We are personally excited about this opportunity to keep these events moving at a regular clip, and look forward to seeing your interest. 

• Brohoof 18

9 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It does sound very interesting. Are there any specific requirements you are looking for?

Anyone motivated to help out with ideas for community engagement and events that members would have fun with. :)

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Anyone motivated to help out with ideas for community engagement and events that members would have fun with. :)

Is that all? Okay, I'll provide an application and see what happens.

• Brohoof 3

These little events from time to time certainly sound interesting. :grin:

Good luck with finding volunteers and of course, to applicants as well! c:

HINT | A Teacup Day, where everypony posts images/edits/memes/etc. with a good implementation of teacups in them is all we need. jk

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Johan said:

Is the casual interview text based or voice chat? if its voice you can scrap my application

It'll be a text interview on Discord.

26 minutes ago, Johan said:

Is the casual interview text based or voice chat? if its voice you can scrap my application

Don't worry it's a very casual process and we make the applicants comfortable. :)

• Brohoof 3

I would be interested in applying.

Although, may I ask if there are any specific age requirements, for this role?

• Brohoof 1

Not looking to apply myself, but keep me apprised as to who is looking into it.  Poniverse PR would be happy to be connected with Event Coordinator activities since it will allow us to more easily stay on top of special events on MLP Forums and throughout Poniverse as a whole, thereby making it easier for us to promote them as well.

• Brohoof 3

On 7/27/2018 at 10:27 PM, Cash In said:

I would be interested in applying.

Although, may I ask if there are any specific age requirements, for this role?

Generally we look to take on people who are 18 plus, especially Moderators, however exceptions have been made due to the individual maturity of the person. Also since this position isn't concerned with traditional moderation, there isn't as much of a concern with putting a minor in a situation where they have to act on NSFW stuff. 

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was featured and pinned
1 minute ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

I should already have an application in the system for my user.

If you mean the Moderation app, you still want to complete this one since the Event Coordinator is a unique application with several different questions. I am only considering people who take the time out to complete this one. 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:46 PM, Batbrony said:

Not looking to apply myself, but keep me apprised as to who is looking into it.  Poniverse PR would be happy to be connected with Event Coordinator activities since it will allow us to more easily stay on top of special events on MLP Forums and throughout Poniverse as a whole, thereby making it easier for us to promote them as well.

@Sunset Rose and I will hold you to that. ;)

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

If you mean the Moderation app, you still want to complete this one since the Event Coordinator is a unique application with several different questions. I am only considering people who take the time out to complete this one. 

@Sunset Rose and I will hold you to that. ;)

Oh ok I thought they were the same I will take the time to fill out a new one. Thank You

41 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'm trying to submit a form but it won't let me. 

What's it saying?

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

It just lists everything as required, even though it's al filled in.

Try it now. I was moving things around so I may have temporarily broken it. 

9 hours ago, Jeric said:

Try it now. I was moving things around so I may have temporarily broken it. 

Nope. Still the same.

Maybe there's a character limit I'm not meeting?

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Nope. Still the same.

Maybe there's a character limit I'm not meeting?

Just tested it ....no limit and works fine. Make sure that you are selecting Event Coordinator even if it is the only option. 

FYI all, starting tomorrow I'll be sending messages to schedule interviews. 

• Brohoof 1