Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No strike-through feature available

DubWolf

I notice people are still able to strike through text, but I only have the option of bold, italics, and underline.

Both on mobile and computer :wacko: .

• Brohoof 1

That is pretty weird... I would recommend you to contact one of the admins about that problem then. Sorry I couldn't help. ^^

2 hours ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

I notice people are still able to strike through text, but I only have the option of bold, italics, and underline.

Both on mobile and computer :wacko: .

I have to ability to see your account exactly as you see it. You have the strike through button on the full desktop view. It isn't available on mobile because of space constraints (we have to take something away to put it back in). 

• Brohoof 3

Ok weird I see strike through now on desktop, although I could've sworn it was never there or I would've used it the other day while on desktop talking about how it isn't an available feature :wacko: (unless I was on mobile saying that..).

(edited)

As Jeric said, if there's not enough space, the toolbar will go into more compact size, throwing out some options to prevent drawing it in many lines, which could look impractical, due to it taking a pretty big amount of vertical space. :twi:

This is purely related to the display size you have. You may try few things if you want to at least temporarily take something from the editor toolbar:

When on DESKTOP
1. Resize (horizontally) or maximize your window, if you haven't done it already. Resizing the window adjusts the toolbar format in real-time, at least in Chrome. If your monitor has a relatively low resolution, it won't display all options even if the browser will be in fullscreen mode.
2. If above will not be enough, you can try zooming-out the view in your browser

Just for a reference; don't get me wrong-- :rarity:
 CTRL  (MINUS KEY)
OR  CTRL  MOUSE WHEEL DOWN  
OR configure that in the browser settings

Spoiler

cTjmAjr.png

That's where it is in Chrome; Sorry for Polish interface, but you get the idea. :twi:

Then when you got what you wanted, you can revert changes and continue typing. ;) (for example ctrl+ [-] ; click the option; ctrl + [+] ; continue)

When on MOBILE
1. This is where it may be harder to come up with a workaround, due to extremely low display sizes of the mobile devices. What you may try anyway though, is to switch to landscape view. Obviously, this will give more horizontal space it needs at the cost of vertical space. If your mobile device has high enough resolution, it may fit the full toolbar, though of course, your virtual keyboard will cover more things making it harder to navigate, but I guess temporarily switching to access the option you really need would work fine... :mlp_icwudt:

2. If above would not be enough: This is a more tricky option, but you could switch to 'desktop view' in your browser. This usually draws things way smaller, so it could fit the whole toolbar, though navigating in that view usually requires zooming-in things quite often. In Chrome, you can access that setting from the upper-right corner menu, similarly to desktop version. This may, however, refresh the page, which not always will be something you'd need.

This is all I could think of I guess. :derp:

So now that I unnecessarily shared some impractical information regarding ridiculous workarounds, what you can always do is to just type BBCode. It's really simple. :) 
[ s] and [ /s] are for Strike Through. It's easy to remember as you can see. ;) 

INPUT
ZdvCKEU.png

OUTPUT
This will strike through text

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

(we have to take something away to put it back in). 

On my phone there are two lines in the toolbar already, where the second one barely has any options. So in my case, just adding few wouldn't make any difference. :P 

However, if that amount of buttons is preferred, personally I could suggest giving up on the align options (so you could get space for two more options, woah! :yay:). This is something, that is not used often I think. Eventually we could always use the [ center ] BBCode... :mlp_icwudt:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Rikifive said:

As Jeric said, if there's not enough space, the toolbar will go into more compact size, throwing out some options to prevent drawing it in many lines, which could look impractical, due to it taking a pretty big amount of vertical space. :twi:

This is purely related to the display size you have. You may try few things if you want to at least temporarily take something from the editor toolbar:

When on DESKTOP
1. Resize (horizontally) or maximize your window, if you haven't done it already. Resizing the window adjusts the toolbar format in real-time, at least in Chrome. If your monitor has a relatively low resolution, it won't display all options even if the browser will be in fullscreen mode.
2. If above will not be enough, you can try zooming-out the view in your browser

Just for a reference; don't get me wrong-- :rarity:
 CTRL  (MINUS KEY)
OR  CTRL  MOUSE WHEEL DOWN  
OR configure that in the browser settings

Reveal hidden contents

Then when you got what you wanted, you can revert changes and continue typing. ;) (for example ctrl+ [-] ; click the option; ctrl + [+] ; continue)

When on MOBILE
1. This is where it may be harder to come up with a workaround, due to extremely low display sizes of the mobile devices. What you may try anyway though, is to switch to landscape view. Obviously, this will give more horizontal space it needs at the cost of vertical space. If your mobile device has high enough resolution, it may fit the full toolbar, though of course, your virtual keyboard will cover more things making it harder to navigate, but I guess temporarily switching to access the option you really need would work fine... :mlp_icwudt:

2. If above would not be enough: This is a more tricky option, but you could switch to 'desktop view' in your browser. This usually draws things way smaller, so it could fit the whole toolbar, though navigating in that view usually requires zooming-in things quite often. In Chrome, you can access that setting from the upper-right corner menu, similarly to desktop version. This may, however, refresh the page, which not always will be something you'd need.

This is all I could think of I guess. :derp:

So now that I unnecessarily shared some impractical information regarding ridiculous workarounds, what you can always do is to just type BBCode. It's really simple. :) 
[ s] and [ /s] are for Strike Through. It's easy to remember as you can see. ;) 

INPUT
ZdvCKEU.png

OUTPUT
This will strike through text

On my phone there are two lines in the toolbar already, where the second one barely has any options. So in my case, just adding few wouldn't make any difference. :P 

However, if that amount of buttons is preferred, personally I could suggest giving up on the align options (so you could get space for two more options, woah! :yay:). This is something, that is not used often I think. Eventually we could always use the [ center ] BBCode... :mlp_icwudt:

I can look into that, and it is worth mentioning that different permissions groups have the ability to be given a unique tool bar. 

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked