Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What's your favorite dish that your parents cook?

Dashy 4 Ever

My favorite dish is when my mom makes the best tasting lasagna in the world. She has a secret recipe that makes it SUPER ADDICTIVE. It takes some time to make it though, so she only makes it for special occasions like my birthday, christmas, or parties. But it is totally worth the wait.:grin:

My dad on the other hand, makes really good omlet with sausages, onions, and peppers. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I tend to make my own simple stuff these days, but when my dad does cook something for both of us, it tends to be something grilled like chicken, porkchops or burgers and those are all really good. My mom, I am not at her place much but she makes really good lemon pepper chicken. She also once made a beef dish with cream of mushroom as a broth and used it as a topping, that was incredible. *-* Shame I've only had that once.

• Brohoof 1

i took most of my favorites from my mother's recipes before i moved out,but when my mother makes them they're different somhow, my favorite is her lemon-sauce boiled beef with  steamed rice

My mom is a brilliant cook, and I love virtually anything she makes. But I think her pyrizhky and varenyky (google it) are the top dishes on my list. My dad makes awesome shashlyk (kind of shish kebab) and home-made wine. And I'm probably the only one in my family who can't cook. *sighs*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depends on which parents you're referring to on my case. E.g. My Mom loves to make all kinds of her favorite dishes that are Indo-Pak Cuisines: Achaar Gosht (Pickled Meat Stew), Biryani (Curry Rice) of all varieties, Karahi Gosht (Curry Meat Stew) most notably chicken.

My Dad just loves making Curry Meat Stew (Chicken) whenever he feels like it. :P

@Oleks You can start cooking by boiling an egg or cooking them instant noodles while being creative with how you want them to be made. :derp:

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Just adding more in italics
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

You can start cooking by boiling an egg or cooking them instant noodles while being creative with how you want them to be made.

When I say "I can't cook", I mean I can't make pastry or tasty borshch. I'm at the level of simple spaghetti and chilli right now. But thanks for the tip!

• Brohoof 1

My mom makes this really good pasta that we refer to as "pastaretten" which literally just translates to "pasta dish." It probably has a proper name, but I don't know it.

Hmm, I'd probably have to go with this kind of tuna casserole that my mother use to make for me and my sisters. It was a recipe my grandmother came up, passed down to my mother and aunt... gotta ask my aunt for the recipe before it becomes forgotten, cause both my younger sister and I are eager to make it and eat it once more.

My mom is incredible. Her fried chicken would bring tears to your eyes. And her potato salad feels like a profound life experience. My dad isn't much in the kitchen, but get him to the grill and oh my gosh! Best. Burgers. EVER. 

Plain old pasta. Mom adds brown sugar to the sauce and it makes it kind of spicy sweet :o

Dad hates it though, is at the point he throws most of it away. Buuut he does that with lots of her cooking now so eh.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...