Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Energy Drinks: Yay or Nay?

CandyCorn

I'm curious if anyone here likes them or not. Yeah... yeah... we all know they aren't GOOD for you. Let's not make this a debate or anything, okay? :P If you do drink them, what ones are your favorite? Do you drink a certain brand? When do you usually drink them?

As for me, I LOOOOOOOOVE Monster. It's about the only one I'll drink. My favorite is the Mango Loco because I love mangoes. <3 I usually drink them at night when I want to stay up late.

• Brohoof 2

I used to drink them a long time ago but then I just stopped without ever realizing it until much later in life.

I personally haven't drunk an energy drink since 2013 when I had to study all night long and decided to drink a couple of Red Bulls. But I don't mind people drinking them - as long as you find it good or helpful for you, I won't be against it.

I sometimes do drink energy drinks, but the problem is that my body is not used to them at all. So if I drink one, I have to expect that I'll stay up two days straight. But I still always do have a small supply of Monsters, I especially like the Lewis Hamilton one and all of the ones that are tea-based. The good thing with the tea ones is that I won't get too hyped and actually are able to sleep - just less than normally.

I would actually love to try other versions of Monster though, because it seems like there are different ones all over the globe! I'd love to try the mango one that was mentioned! I dig everything mango!

(edited)

My favorite has always been Spike. It's been such a long time since I've had it I don't even know if it's around anymore. As far as best flavor, I'd give the top prize to Monster, which has the best variety and taste by far. Unfortunately it makes me sick to my stomach. But to be fair and honest, all of them did after a while. I guess I built up an intolerance to them. That's why I don't drink them anymore. 

NOS, Rockstar, Full Throttle, AMP and Red Bull are okay, but I consider them mid-range energy, at least in my own experience. Even Cocaine underachieved, though the red can version is really intense flavor-wise. 5 Hour energy might as well call itself water. It does next to nothing. Redline (in the red bottle, not the blue) is decent, and I seem to remember Jolt Cola being pretty good for what it was. There's one called Pussy (please pardon me) that was pretty weak. 

Most energy drinks are pretty similar I guess; it all depends on how they interact with your system. But whether they work or not, it's really fun to go through them and try the different varieties. So I definitely support energy drinks. They're a lot of fun and often very useful.

Edited by Dreambiscuit

(edited)

Nah. When I stopped drinking pop a couple of years ago that was also the elimination of caffeine for me as well. I found that there is no difference whatsoever in my energy level back when I was drinking caffeine and now when I don't at all. I should have already known this because at my previous university I would try to drink caffeine to keep me awake for my psychology class around 3-4pm and it never helped at all. It was embarrassing. I don't work nights anymore, so I don't have that problem.

Several months back I actually mistakenly had a caffeinated tea and it made me jittery and I didn't like that at all. My energy levels are not so great, but I don't need this stuff in my life. My pop addiction was horrible, so no more unhealthy drinking habits for me!

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I usually drink an amped up coffee, but I try energy drinks on very rare occasions. I don't really like the flavors much, though I'll sometimes make an exception with Red Bull. 

Edited by Narcissus

I occasionally drink MTN Dew Kickstart and Gatorade, but for the most part I never found the need (and money) to give myself more energy or caffeine, especially not a harmful and addicting energy drink. Instead I drink lots of water and protein shakes when I do my intense workouts.

Regular Mt Dew is enough for me. I'm actually afraid to drink actual energy drinks. Years ago I did try a RedBull. I drank half of one of those little cans, and threw the rest away. It tasted like drinking a chemistry lab. NASTY!

• Brohoof 1